Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zac makes way for Mancio? Sunday 22 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Zaccheroni is expected to leave Inter at the end of the season and make way for Lazio¡¦s Roberto Mancini.

The Coach was only drafted in to replace Hector Cuper in October ¡V when another derby defeat to local rivals Milan proved the final straw.

He had a strong start to the campaign with six wins and a draw, but the elimination from the Champions¡¦ League and recent poor results have seen his popularity dip.

Losing a two-goal lead in the Milan derby last night could well be the final nail in his coffin, as Inter chiefs look to find the reason behind this latest setback.

¡§In the first half we proved that this side can compete with anyone,¡¨ noted new President Giacinto Facchetti, ¡§including those who are ahead of us in the table.¡¨

¡§At the dawn of the second period we had the chance to go 3-0 up with Adriano and I fear that moment the team became convinced it was in the bag. That is what caused us to let go.¡¨

This is certainly not a new occurrence, as so far this season Inter have conceded 14 of their total 20 goals in the second half.

¡§It is a defect that rears its ugly head far too often,¡¨ continued Facchetti on ¡¥Inter Channel¡¦. ¡§We must do more to maintain our concentration, determination and desire for the whole 90 minutes, otherwise we will never achieve an important objective.¡¨

Now Lazio and Parma are three points clear of the Nerazzurri in the chase for that fourth Champions¡¦ League spot, while they flounder 19 points adrift of the leaders.

For many months Mancini has been considered the Coach of the future for Inter, but patron Massimo Moratti¡¦s decision to stick with Cuper in the summer saw him stay on at Lazio.

With the rapport between the former Sampdoria star and his club still tense over very public transfer policy disagreements, few believe Mancini will be at the Olimpico next season.

Despite interest from Tottenham, Mancio has always admitted that Inter would be a wonderful challenge for his management career and he would be reunited with Dejan Stankovic, Matias Almeyda and Christian Vieri.

Curiously, this would not be the first time that the two Coaches have swapped places. Zaccheroni had a strong start to his Lazio campaign, but a run of poor results and a 5-0 derby defeat saw him end the season with only a UEFA Cup place. Mancini stepped in that same summer.

channel4

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Given Mancini's recent rumblings regarding Lazio and the clubs failure to keep key players as well as implement its plan/strategy, the likelihood of his arrival at Inter seems likely for a number of reasons:

1. If Inter fails to win the UEFA Cup and fails to qualify for the Champions League, Zaccheroni will most probably be sacked. At present, Inter does not look like a team that can conquer the UEFA Cup and our fighting for fourth position in Serie A is becoming increasingly difficult. Just a last note on the UEFA Cup. A certain team that wears red and yellow called Roma is also in that competition.

2. Mancini has said that if he had his time again he would not have stayed on at Lazio and last week it was stated by that club's President that Mancini will stay for the remainder of the season but there is a chance that he will leave once the season is over.

3. Moratti has been after Mancini's services for the last season or so. Many were of the opinion that Zaccheroni was only a temporary stop gap until Mancini arrived for the new season.

In the likelihood that Zaccheroni leaves and Mancini is instated as Inter coach, it is quite sad that the players are going to have to get used to yet another coach, module, system, movements and style of play. There is no continuity at Inter and if Mancini thinks that he will be leaving Lazio for greener pastures, I think he may be mistaken. Inter may not have the financial difficulties of Lazio but Inter is the basket case/laughing stock of Italian football and is now only a broken club that was once great.

What a mess we are in...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
personally, i do not believe that we can get capello, who just said that he would like to go to england...so if zac is sacked, and capello stays in roma or goes to EPL, then mancini will probably come...i think we want him more than del neri...either one...i won't be disappointed...but it'll be awesome to get capello...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Senna01 said:
Capello would not be silly enough to tarnish his reputation by coaching Inter.
how about tottenham?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Perhaps Capello is the sort of personality that Inter needs. He has a strong personality and has often had to deal with/manage Sensi's rubbish and negative comments about having to pay Capello too much.

As for Mancini, he has proven that he is a good coach and I have a feeling that he is the leading contender.

No one has said anything about Trapattoni yet...
Regardless of how Italy do, his contract comes to an end after Euro 2004. He may also be a contender and recently stated that he may return to club football. Inter would be a nice place to start.

As for Capello and Tottenham, at least he would have a realistic chance of making a difference at that club. At Inter, he would probably fail miserably, just like many have done before him. Inter needs to be institutionalised, the club is a mess and needs treatment. Howw can you have so many top players and yet be so unsuccessful?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Senna01 said:
Given Mancini's recent rumblings regarding Lazio and the clubs failure to keep key players as well as implement its plan/strategy, the likelihood of his arrival at Inter seems likely for a number of reasons:

1. If Inter fails to win the UEFA Cup and fails to qualify for the Champions League, Zaccheroni will most probably be sacked. At present, Inter does not look like a team that can conquer the UEFA Cup and our fighting for fourth position in Serie A is becoming increasingly difficult. Just a last note on the UEFA Cup. A certain team that wears red and yellow called Roma is also in that competition.

2. Mancini has said that if he had his time again he would not have stayed on at Lazio and last week it was stated by that club's President that Mancini will stay for the remainder of the season but there is a chance that he will leave once the season is over.

3. Moratti has been after Mancini's services for the last season or so. Many were of the opinion that Zaccheroni was only a temporary stop gap until Mancini arrived for the new season.

In the likelihood that Zaccheroni leaves and Mancini is instated as Inter coach, it is quite sad that the players are going to have to get used to yet another coach, module, system, movements and style of play. There is no continuity at Inter and if Mancini thinks that he will be leaving Lazio for greener pastures, I think he may be mistaken. Inter may not have the financial difficulties of Lazio but Inter is the basket case/laughing stock of Italian football and is now only a broken club that was once great.

What a mess we are in...
Agree :(

But still, I think that Mancini has some chance to make us better. He will get few weeks/months in the summer retreat. Sadly, not much due to EURO 2004.

I really hope Mancini playes with back 4. He knows Stankovic very well. He wanted Adriano in Lazio. And not to forget that he made a statement that he's one of very few coaches who say that
VIERI__ADRIANO duo can work and he would play that. But don't know if Vieri will be with us next season as well. If you ask me, then I think a striker like Ronaldinho would be better to partner Vieri. And I am not saying get Ronaldinho. :D

But still, the duo of Vieri -- Adriano did work well in the derby. Anyway, I prefer Adriano -- Recoba/?

(with all the respect to Vieri).

And Mancini had also asked for Recoba in Lazio as well, if I am not wrong ?

I really think that Mancini can do the job better than Zach, atleast.
He has got the gutts to play different tactic/formation, unlike Zach. He prefers attacking football and at the same time pays good attention to defending stuff. I like his substitutions, unlike Cuper and Zach's.

He's a young coach and if he does well and serve us for long period. c'mmon inter, let the tradition of changing coach continue; but this time for the better of the club. I trust Mancini, don't know why. Just give him time dammmeed...and the players he ask for (I don't think he will ask for many players). Just few.

:( :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Senna01 said:

No one has said anything about Trapattoni yet...
Regardless of how Italy do, his contract comes to an end after Euro 2004. He may also be a contender and recently stated that he may return to club football. Inter would be a nice place to start...
And not forget that he was the last coach that won us SERIE, way back in 1989 :D

I would be happy even with him, if we don't get Mancini / Capello.

This is my list :

(1) Mancini
(2) Capello
(3) Trapattoni

;)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Inter dont need to replace Vieri with another big name striker. I am not sure about the rest of you but I think it is a great shame that Cruz has taken a back seat since Adriano arrived. Cruz was brilliant early in the season and he is our team's quiet acheiver. he scores and plays reasonably consistently but no one says much about him due to the likes of Vieri and Adriano who outshine him.

If Vieri leaves (seems likely and seems as if it would be favourable to Inter) then the club would have Adriano, Recoba, Cruz, Martins and Kallon. That is more than ample fire power up front. There is no reason to spend millions on a new front man like Ronaldinho (as suggested by Pravesh).

Vieri's departure would see Recoba and Cruz get more playing time and as much as I like Vieri, his failing to appear against the big teams is getting a little tiresome. The possibility that he might throw a tantrum is also hampering the team. Not sure if any of you noticed, but Zaccheroni could and should have changed him much earlier in the match. It was as if Zaccheroni hesitated out of fear that Vieri would react adversely. Such an attitude hampers the coach in his decision making and jeopardises results as coaches are reluctant to substitute him.

I am really interested to see how Adriano and Martins would play together.

How we could used Martins in the derby... Some pace up front would have been nice.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Wait

I dont' want Zac to go at the end of the season. Why don't they just fire him now? I would like to have Verdelli take over the team. Zac needs to go. He sucks. I hate him just like I do with TOldo. He needs to go and he needs to go now. Why give him till the rest of the year to mess up our UEfa cup and 4th place finish? We need to start over now! Cuper sacking was abad idea. He needs to go tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Senna01 said:

If Vieri leaves (seems likely and seems as if it would be favourable to Inter) then the club would have Adriano, Recoba, Cruz, Martins and Kallon. That is more than ample fire power up front. There is no reason to spend millions on a new front man like Ronaldinho (as suggested by Pravesh).

:tongue:

You can read my post again. :D
Coz I didn't say that we should go for Ronaldinho or that kinda player. What I meant is that kinda player would be good to play alongside Vieri/Adriano; instead of playing Vieri__Adriano.

I think that we should trust Martins, Kallon, Cruz.

I would be more than happy with these players :

Adriano
Martins
Kallon
Cruz
Recoba

If Vieri is to leave as well. I really want to trust Kallon but hopefully he leran to attack more :D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Rumours !! that's what i love.

(1) We are in 6th position.
(2) We lost the derby.
(3) Mancini's rumoured to be our coach.

And now rumours say that Mancini has suggested some players for next season to our president (Mr.Fachetti..)

:D ... rumours !! AS I said earlier.

This is Mancini's list :tongue: :

(1) Emerson, 27 : 20-25 million euros
(2) Maxwell, 22 : 8 million euros
(3) Mexes, 21 : 5 millions euros

;)

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Capello not wanting to coach Inter is nonesense. At the time we hired Lippi both Capello and Lippi were interviewed and he was interested in the job, Moratti basically prefered Lippi over Capello (perhaps Capello had a personality that intimidated moratti) IF Inter makes the right Offer to Don Fabio he will come, make no mistake about it.

The question however is, will Moratti accept someone who wont tolerate his bullshit? Let´s all remember that Fachetti is one of Moratti´s best friends so I dont think he is looking for a tough dude like Capello.

Mancini might be good but he is the type of guy like Lippi that will probably let Moratti get too involved in everyday things which will hurt him and us at the end.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
23 feb – Ennesimo tonfo in casa nerazzurra, la rimonta nel derby dei cugini ha squarciato quel velo di incertezza sul futuro di Alberto Zaccheroni. Quest’ultimo infatti nel girone di ritorno ha fatto addirittura meno punti di Cuper e non sta certo ripagando le attese dei vertici dirigenziali nerazzurri.

La figura di Mancini è sempre più palpabile, fastidiosa, ed ormai solamente la conquista del 4 posto in campionato potrebbe salvare la panchina dell’attuale tecnico nerazzurro.

Ma a prescindere da ciò, non è certo facile andare avanti nel proprio lavoro la massima tranquillità, sapendo che da un momento all’altro c’è chi è pronto a prendere il tuo posto.

E Roberto Mancini sembra ormai destinato ad approdare alla corte di Moratti, è solamente questione di tempo.

Zac non ha più alibi, e non è il genere di allenatore che si nasconde di fronte alle difficoltà, ma è fondamentale cambiare registro, e chiudere la stagione nel modo più dignitoso possibile, anche se ormai la parola “dignità” sembra estinta dal vocabolario interista.

Resta una cosa ancora da sottolineare:i tifosi piuttosto che veder l’Inter guidata da Mancini, preferirebbero avere come allenatore Fabio Capello, uno che ha vinto dappertutto, che sa gestire lo spogliatoio.

Un sergente di ferro che porti disciplina, perché più che piangersi addosso è forse questo che manca ai nerazzurri.

La Coppa Uefa non viene neppure presa in considerazione, stando alle dichiarazioni di Zac, perché prima di tutto viene il 4° posto, l’accesso alla Champions è la cosa più importante, e poco importa se la preparazione comincerà prima a causa del turno preliminare da superare ad ogni costo.

D’altronde chi è causa del suo mal

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
has anyone noticed that NO coach can win in inter

and sacking another one wont help at all?

or is thinking a year or two too much for inter fans....also why do u demand instant succes....u dont have succes...the last time u had it was 15 years ago....and i honestly dont see why u are so demanding? your team doesnt win often so why not be patient and give it time?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Inter talk bores Mancini

Monday 23 February, 2004

Lazio boss Roberto Mancini says he will make no further comments on rumours linking him with Inter.

"I don’t even want to talk about them anymore," said the Olimpico tactician. "I want to put an end to this whole saga.

"That’s also because every time that I deny the stories, articles are still written and published anyway."

Mancio was again associated with the Nerazzurri after they lost 3-2 in the derby to Milan on Saturday night.

That defeat, just one of many this term, has raised new doubts over the future of Coach Alberto Zaccheroni.

Mancini was believed to be a known Inter target last summer but owner Massimo Moratti failed to secure his services.

Mancio decided to sign a long-term agreement in the capital so Moratti kept faith with then boss Hector Cuper instead.

However, the former Italian international may not necessarily remain with the Bianconcelesti for the new campaign. That may allow Inter to make a move if Zac is shown the door.

Ironically, it wouldn’t be the first time that Mancio has replaced Zaccheroni as he took charge of Lazio after the latter was axed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts