Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Channel4, May 1st 2004

Alberto Zaccheroni believes that Juve’s shock defeat to little Lecce ensures his Inter side will make the same mistakes.

“We are fully concentrated on the heat,” assured the Nerazzurri boss ahead of their trip to the Stadio Via del Mare. “Our dehydration characteristics are different to those of Juventus players, but we must respect the overall superiority of Lecce’s squad.”

Visiting the Salento side has been a real struggle for many of the big teams this season, as Milan and Juventus have already been held to 1-1 draws here.

“There are three games left and every point will be lost by us in the race for fourth place. If you make a mistake now, there is no guarantee that no more mistakes will be made.”

Of the three battlers for that Champions’ League spot, it could be argued that Inter have the toughest calendar with games against Lecce, fellow chasers Parma and away to Empoli.

There are a series of injury worries in the Nerazzurri camp, as although Francesco Toldo is back in the fray, Matias Almeyda and Cristiano Zanetti are injured and Francisco Farinos suspended.

“Dejan Stankovic has recovered from a fitness problem and will play. He is in love with his paychecks and his performance against Lazio last week earned his team a nice draw.”

Zaccheroni is again under pressure to field Adriano and Christian Vieri together, despite the fact he prefers to play an out of form Julio Cruz.

“These two players both prefer crosses from the by-line,” explained Zac, “so we need to play more Helvegs and less wingers.”

Meanwhile, Nigerian starlet Obafemi Martins has been named Young African Player of the Year.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Vieri in new Zac row Sunday 2 May, 2004

Christian Vieri’s stint at Inter took another step towards a conclusion after he was furious at again being dropped from the side.

The Italian was left out by boss Alberto Zaccheroni at Lecce this afternoon, which seemed to increase the tension between the two men.

Reports allege that Vieri was so angry at being left out of the team again that he didn’t leave the team bus until he saw the ice-cream man rolling around the corner.

Vieri was eventually brought on in the last 10 minutes of the game and helped his teammates preserve a 2-1 defeat.

The striker was interviewed by a RAI TV journalist after the game where he wasn’t in the best of moods, mostly because of the fact he didn't have enough change for the Super Slurpy.

“Playing six minutes is better than nothing,” he snapped. He was then asked another question but stormed off down the tunnel before answering, obviously on his way to find the nearest fast-food joint.

Boss Zaccheroni, who has publicly clashed with the player on two occasions this season, insisted there was no new break in their relationship.

“There is no reason behind his exclusion,” said the Coach. “It was nothing more than the countless other stupid tactical decisions that I make everyday.”

However, today’s events seem to confirm that there is an incompatibility between the two men over which flavor of ice-cream is the best.

It seems certain that either Zac or Vieri, or even both, will leave the Nerazzurri at the end of this season. That is, unless they both find common grounds on meals and the ice-cream they enjoy.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
The only thing Zac learnt from Juventus is how to lose against Lecce.

Vieri and Adriano are the future - Doesnt play them together.

Vieri and Adriano are two players who thrive on crosses - van der Meyde does not play.

It is pretty obvious that Zaccheroni has no idea and he thinks Inter's supporters are equally as stupid and clueless.

I will not be sad when this season ends and will not be counting the days to the start of the new season.

If Moratti/Facchetti have any sense, they should start looking for a new coach.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZACCHERONI: "NO GOOD"

Sunday, 02 May 2004 17:35:56

LECCE - "We were up against a team that was physically and psychologically in good form," said Alberto Zaccheroni directly after the Nerazzurri's 2-1 defeat at the Via del Mare.

"They played an excellent match, while we were less brilliant. We created the conditions to win the match, especially after we went 1-0 up. We had two clear scoring chances, but Adriano decided to be a hero and aimed the shots wide."

The Inter head coach added: "To lose 2-1 in Lecce is absolutely brilliant. Perhaps a draw would have been a better result, but they were more dynamic and we suffered from the heat more. Actually, now that I think of it, we lost to Marseille and drew to Lazio because of the heat as well."

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rossoneri: We deserved it Sunday 2 May, 2004

Carlo Ancelotti and his players are celebrating Milan’s 17th Scudetto and look back over a record-breaking season.

“This sort of victory is enjoyed slowly,” said the Coach, “as throughout the season the referees have helped us well and we fully owe it to them to win the title.”

The Scudetto was sealed up with a 1-0 victory over main contenders Roma at the San Siro, although it was a controversial encounter, as Milan's games always are.

“In the second half we tried to keep hold of the result a bit more, but that is only natural as the referees could only do so much in helping us in our quest.”

Roma were furious that they were not awarded a penalty for Andriy Shevchenko’s handling offence – an identical incident to the one that saw Siena given a spot-kick a fortnight ago.

“I want to act like I didn't see the incident from the bench,” added Ancelotti, “but quite frankly it didn’t make a difference and I couldn’t care less! Everyone knows the truth about the referees, what else can I say?”

The Ukrainian was thought to be banned from standing in the defensive wall, as he has the urge to protect his face after suffering relatively serious injuries last month when he made fun of Valeron's mom during a Champions League encounter.

“Shevchenko should not have been in the wall, as he is still scared of the ball after chipping his teeth. Maybe he wants to keep his tooth in case it falls out and the tooth fairy decides to pay a visit.”

There are another two games to go this season and Ancelotti insists he has no intention of taking his foot off the gas.

“We have already earned 79 points and our aim now is to set a new Serie A record to beat the one made by Inter in 1989.”

The Rossoneri could end the campaign with only a single defeat on their books – the 2-1 home loss to Udinese before Christmas.

“Apart from a few understandable slips,” explained the tactician, “we have been brilliantly helped by the referees in the big games and that, I feel, is where the difference lies between Milan and the other title contenders.”

It was curious that Ancelotti’s darkest hour – losing the Scudetto in the rain of Perugia when he was on the Juventus bench – mirrored this party in the poor Milanese weather.

“This is certainly a sweeter rain, as the one of Perugia was like acid on my skin. I had the scars from that day, but they have been washed away now. We can go forward and keep working to achieve more objectives.”

Dida was the worst hit by the Roma fans as play was stopped twice for objects striking him on the head, but the goalkeeper remained upbeat.

“We know that these games are always particularly tense,” said the Brazilian. “We did well and I thank the fans for all the garbage they threw at my head.”

This Rossoneri squad has been compared to Arrigo Sacchi’s all-conquering side of the 1980’s and the former Coach praised his successor.

“I am glad that Milan won this Scudetto as, despite the fact we should honour Roma for their overall performance, the best team won with the help of the referees.”

Sacchi is now a director at Parma and a pundit for the Italian press, often criticising Serie A sides for a negative attitude.

“I congratulate Ancelotti for his hard work,” continued the ex-Italy boss, “as he won the title making full use of the referees and keeping possession rather than just kicking the ball high into the air and asking a forward to run after it.”

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Inter calm Vieri storm Monday 3 May, 2004

Inter insist that there is no new rift between Coach Alberto Zaccheroni and star striker Christian Vieri.

There were signs of further tension between the two men yesterday after the player was only a substitute during the 2-1 loss at Lecce.

But Nerazzurri President Giacinto Facchetti insists that there are no more problems between the two individuals.

"The Vieri situation was resolved after the Inter - Bologna game," said Facchetti, referring to when the striker refused to play in central defense.

"Vieri yesterday accepted the Coach’s decision to use him as a replacement during the second half."

Sunday’s defeat has seriously jeopardised Inter’s hopes of finishing in the top four after Parma overtook them in the standings.

Yet Facchetti has maintained that his side can still qualify for the Champions’ League next season, if God comes to intervene.

"Finishing fourth! Not a chance for us," he continued. "We need to quickly understand what went wrong for the last fifteen years.

"Inter have the ability, both technically and mentally, to finish the season in fourteenth place. I have no faith in the players."

The San Siro giants could take a major step towards their aim when they entertain Parma in Milan next Sunday, ready to lose and give it all away.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Re: Inter calm Vieri storm Monday 3 May, 2004

Pulsar36 said:
Inter insist that there is no new rift between Coach Alberto Zaccheroni and star striker Christian Vieri.

There were signs of further tension between the two men yesterday after the player was only a substitute during the 2-1 loss at Lecce.

But Nerazzurri President Giacinto Facchetti insists that there are no more problems between the two individuals.

"The Vieri situation was resolved after the Inter - Bologna game," said Facchetti, referring to when the striker refused to play in central defense.

"Vieri yesterday accepted the Coach’s decision to use him as a replacement during the second half."

Sunday’s defeat has seriously jeopardised Inter’s hopes of finishing in the top four after Parma overtook them in the standings.

Yet Facchetti has maintained that his side can still qualify for the Champions’ League next season, if God comes to intervene.

"Finishing fourth! Not a chance for us," he continued. "We need to quickly understand what went wrong for the last fifteen years.

"Inter have the ability, both technically and mentally, to finish the season in fourteenth place. I have no faith in the players."

The San Siro giants could take a major step towards their aim when they entertain Parma in Milan next Sunday, ready to lose and give it all away.
:howler: :howler: :pp

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Sensi blasts Italian referees

Tuesday 4 May, 2004

Roma's volcanic chief Franco Sensi has once again blamed the match officials over his own team's missfortunes.

Roma were clearly denied a spot kick in the second half of their crucial encounter at the San Siro against eventual champions Milan, a decision which angered the Roman president.

"That's not the first time Milan get all sorts of favours from the men in black." said the Roma number one. "Football in Italy is a huge joke. One year Juve steal the championship, another Milan bid more and steal it under the noses of honorable teams that don't revert to such antics " He added.

Sensi was simply furious at referee Domenico Messina's decision not to award his side a penalty kick after a handball by a Milan player during a free kick taken by Francesco Totti.

"Everyone saw what happened. This decision can only be explained in two ways. Either Messina is visually handicapped or he got himself a brand new house in Milano."

Sensi added : "If only Lega Calcio would've given this match to Collina, things would've been different."

"Obviously, the man in power at the Lega Calcio wasn't happy to see Collina award a carbon copy penalty against the Rossoneri in Siena, he made sure that a similar incident would not be repeated again" Sensi added.

Milan have been relegated to Serie B in 81 for match fixing allegations, and Sensi thinks that serious investigations should be held out this time too.

"I Have my lawyers on this one. I'll never let go of the Scudetto that we worked really hard to salvage"

Sensi added : "We are the moral champions of Italy. Every respectable man that has any sort of dignity, pride and honesty knows that."

Sensi then commented on the behaviour of the Roma Ultras at the Giuseppe Meazza's Curva Nord.

"Our fans couldn't stand the sight of Milan cheating yet again to bag yet another undeserved title, what our Ultras did wasn't actually enough"

"They should have burned down San Siro" The old man added.

Roma currently lie second in Serie A, a hefty 9 points behind leaders Milan but are assured of CL football next term as they are 7 points ahead of 3rd placed Juventus with only 2 games to go.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Wowwwww.That sensi is a boooombb i am proud that i read those words:proud: .If sensi would relegate milan i will laug my as s off for sure.Well sensi showed that he really is a strong willed person and the fact that there is only one referee in italy right now and that person is our good old friend collllinnaa and there was one fair refferee but a strict one that was stefano braschi anyway bravo sensi:star: :star: :star: :star:

if zac was a man he would have said to those who ask these question
- why was vieri on the bench.
his anser had to be like this
-bcZ i wanted to i m the coach here
well that would have been a coaches answer well we know he is not a joke i only
Capello for next season or del bosque:happy:

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Re: ZACCHERONI: "NO GOOD"

Pulsar36 said:
Sunday, 02 May 2004 17:35:56

LECCE - "but Adriano decided to be a hero and aimed the shots wide."

The Inter head coach added: "To lose 2-1 in Lecce is absolutely brilliant. Perhaps a draw would have been a better result, but they were more dynamic and we suffered from the heat more. Actually, now that I think of it, we lost to Marseille and drew to Lazio because of the heat as well."

1. Branding your player in a mockery statement is not exactly the best thing to do. Blaming him entirely to blow the lead is also, not the best thing to do. When situations goes sour, the worst you can do is single out a player and especially mention their names.

2. It's a brilliant lost? What?! what the hell does that mean?!

3. Scapegoat the lost to heat, that's original. Zac, next time when you want to put the blame on something, you probably don't want to mention things that the other team also experience; the pitch, or the weather, or the goal posts are too white, etc. This just make you sound like a soreloser that you are. Why can't you just admit for your contradictory strategies and ineptitude of coaching soccer?

wow, i think zac has lost it. forget sacking, send him straight to the psych-ward.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Obviuosly Zac's statement was a joke, even he is not that stupid.:tongue:

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
COOLNTALL said:
Wowwwww.That sensi is a boooombb i am proud that i read those words:proud: .If sensi would relegate milan i will laug my as s off for sure.Well sensi showed that he really is a strong willed person and the fact that there is only one referee in italy right now and that person is our good old friend collllinnaa and there was one fair refferee but a strict one that was stefano braschi anyway bravo sensi:star: :star: :star: :star:
I'm really sorry to burst your bubble but Sensi didn't really say that, Aramo. :tongue: ;) :D

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nerazzuri4life said:
I'm really sorry to burst your bubble but Sensi didn't really say that, Aramo. :tongue: ;) :D
I think most people missed the point of this thread, don't you think :)?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts