Yeah, have you not heard? This is gonna be our formation this season:

-------------Jo
Petrov------------------SWP
-----------------------Elano
-----------------------Ireland
----------------------Zabaleta
Ball---Dunne---Richards--Corluka
------------Hart

Bit thin in the middle, but I think we'll cope.

· Registered
1,455 Posts
I don't see why not. Elano or Ireland will probably play behind a lone striker (and both could probably do a job on the right if necessary, as can Zabaleta), whereas Johnson and Kompany would play deeper in the midfield.

Jo
Petrov------------------------SWP
Elano

Johnson-----Kompany

Ball----Dunne----Richards----Corluka

Hart​

But then we've got loads of options. Zabaleta instead of Corluka. Corluka at CB with Zabaleta on the right. Ben Haim instead of Dunne. Garrido at left back. Onuoha to cover centre and right back. Hamann and Fernandes in the middle. Swap Elano for a proper strike partner for Jo. SWP on the left if Petrov is injured. Hopefully, we shouldn't have as many problems with injuries as last season, because we've got enough players to cover it. And we'll hopefully be playing a lot more games than last season too.

· Registered
1,455 Posts
To me this means Corluka is off.
I hope not. He's already played in Europe, so he'd be ineligable for Spurs. I don't get why we'd sell him. We paid £8m just a year ago, and he's only got better since then, so the money being mentioned is ridiculous to me. I wouldn't mind if it was to Chelsea or something, but Spurs isn't exactly a step up, and it's suicide to start selling your best players to your main rivals imo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.