Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is all set for zero responses. lol

OK, Yuji Ono formed part of Yokohama's youth team and I think only recently was promoted to the senior squad for a match against Gamba Osaka. I've seen him only once but another evaluator compared him to Giovinco. What I seen from him, I seen a creative, attacking player with good close control, determination, keenness for the goal... he was fun to watch, eye-catching, really stood out. He's only 17.

·
Registered
44,775 Posts
Didn't bother reading your post. I was just wondering earlier where you'd gone for the past several days. And you've reappeared!

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even though I'm very interested in this player I wouldn't have minded a curiously meandering exchange with you where we chit-chatted about random crap. But I don't know how to respond to the above. A Japanese bath house is the best place to fight crime. OK.

·
Registered
44,775 Posts
イラ;7969971 said:
Even though I'm very interested in this player I wouldn't have minded a curiously meandering exchange with you where we chit-chatted about random crap. But I don't know how to respond to the above. A Japanese bath house is the best place to fight crime. OK.
You make it sound like it isn't. :undecide:

Anyway, from what you've seen, is he like Giovinco?

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Any relation to Shinji?
Hopefully he turns out well as him but no relation.

You make it sound like it isn't. :undecide:
I'm not sure what to make of it, it seems very random. I like randomness though.

I can't recall what I've seen of Giovinco. I've seen very little Serie A.

·
Registered
44,775 Posts
イラ;7970283 said:
You mean in the video? Ono is written below the number while the sponsor ANA is above it.
:howler:

Anyway, as you said, that clip is too short to give any sort of impression, but the Giovinco comparison seems to be around because they're both young, short players with a smallish build and move incisively with the close control. Is there more hype than usual with this kid?

And, yes, please post some stuff of Usami.

Btw, player names should always be above the number.

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd say the most hype for a Japanese player has surrounded Shinji Kagawa. Now he's 21 and preparing to start his first season in Europe for Dortmund, and before that for a few seasons he was doing well, proven in J2 and J1, the absolute heart and soul of that Cerezo Osaka team - primary key contributor to the team, and they started so well in J1. Then he left while the campaign was in progress and actually Cerezo are still doing well. Yet again he plays the attacking midfield role!

He wasn't in the final WC squad but he has the talent, more Okada had his own ideas about tactics and players who would best fit into performing that and carrying out certain functions asked of them; Kagawa didn't fit, it was speculated.

How much hype surrounding this player? To me, seems newer, more emergent, but nevertheless he's still regarded as one of the brightest prospects on the horizon. I guess you could say so.

Usami:

[tub]U8ekvckhVAQ[/tub]

[tub]AP2OroOyrbk[/tub]

[tub]vFeLItV1py4[/tub]

·
Registered
46,052 Posts
イラ;7969584 said:
This is all set for zero responses. lol

OK, Yuji Ono formed part of Yokohama's youth team and I think only recently was promoted to the senior squad for a match against Gamba Osaka. I've seen him only once but another evaluator compared him to Giovinco. What I seen from him, I seen a creative, attacking player with good close control, determination, keenness for the goal... he was fun to watch, eye-catching, really stood out. He's only 17.
Japan look like a country which could produce some bald skinny dwarflike Giovinco-wannabes.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Takashi Usami from gamba will become superstar in 2014 World cup in Brazil. Mark my word! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts