Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
International
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If u guys saw the game vs. Slovenia tell me this please :
Do u think Yugoslavia plays better without Miha passes and without Miha at all :confused: Do u think the same way about Miha in Lazio ?
When he got sended off yugoslavia scored three times in just six minutes. :eek:
What do u guys think ?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Yeah, it certainly seemed like they didn't need him at all! Sad to see...:(

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Don't lose heart, sslazio11! Yup I saw the game, and it was true that Yugo bounced back after Miha's dismissal. But that's not because of his absence, but more of the psychological effect it created!
IMO, up to the point, Yugo team really had no clue as to what to do after the 2nd goal, and the 3rd goal (courtesy of Miha) was the last straw. Everyone was frustrated, INCLUDING Miha. And too bad he reacted that way!
But after Miha got sent-off, suddenly the burden seemed to be lifted off from the Yugo team. They already accepted that at that point, they had nothing more to lose. So they became more relaxed - there was no more the tension. I mean, you're down to 10 men and you're 0-3 behind! There's nothing to do to salvage the situation right? So just enjoy the game! And then, the intro of Milosevic...
I've noticed teams who play with 10 men after the 1st half to actually show more resiliance than do teams with 11 men! It's all psychological, so there you go.
So to me it seems that Miha's dismissal was a blessing in disguise to Yugo -in that match- 'coz it was somewhat the turning point! But of course the absence of Miha in the next match is bad :(
So, it's not the case of Yugo playing better because of Miha's absence, I guess. And noooo, I don't think that's the case with Lazio either!

Forza Lazio

·
International
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well U guys were quiet angry about him missing penalty against Viola so i thought u will be more angry about him when u 'll see how he played for his national team :p

FORZA MIHAJLOVIC

J

·
0 Posts
First Miha gave a perfect pass to Slovenias 3-0 goal and later he was sent off for a very good reason.
Now, is there anybody who thinks that the Yugos still need Miha. I think that the Yugos don't need Miha and his big ego.

On the other hand Miha had much fun in the game: he smiled even after he was sent off. Everyone should have such a positive attitude.

How do you do those funny faces in the text ???

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Nedved, I think you are wrong about the nothing to lose part, and they became more relaxed, thats not true of course.

The reason that Yugoslavia suddenly got back in the game, IMO relies on the fact, that the Yugo's suddenly had to work for eachother.

After the first goal, Slovenia had totally lost their head, but that Zahovic, what a general in his team!
He kept fighting, and motivating his 'soldiers'.

Miha rules!!!
No point of discussing that I think.

Jooso:
http://www.nlchat.com/ubb/smilies.html
thank Bonita for it, but first the way to put on smilies were also putted on the faq, but not anymore.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Well, IMO, the 'nothing to lose' feeling was there for Yugo after Slov's 3rd goal and Miha's dismissal...And that was the case until Yugo scored their 1st goal! Milosevic's 1st goal was the one that gave Yugo a glimmer of hope and made Slovenia nervous. Yugo was back into the game with vengeance. Yeah, sometimes you find strengths from the worst/most adverse situations!
And Yugo's problem all along has indeed been that they're not playing as a team. If they can fix that, they should succeed.
I was very impressed by Slovenia actually, and not only by Zahovic! He was indeed the jewel of the match, but several other players also caught my eye. It seems that Slovenia still need more experience and Euro 2000 can only do them good. :)

Forza Lazio

·
International
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, FORZA SLOVENIA :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
miha on the red line!!

its funny i think that after miha out , yugo make a fantastic move, then make three goal, i think its not miha's
day but yugoslavia day, they almost loose from little contry and ex their family(slovenja), its very embarace if yugo loose, its for now, seee yaaaaaaaaaaaa people!!!!!!!!!!

i love lazio

R

·
0 Posts
i think mihailovic doesnt like to play for yugolsvija.
He laughed when he got a red card and he made a very big mistake with the third goal of slovenia.

I never swa him playing like this in the Lazio team so dont worry about him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts