Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Euro qualifying coming to the closing stages I think it's the perfect time for another ex-Yu NT thread. Last one I did was just before the WC and calls were made that my ideal Yugoslav XI would be a flop. Alas, Croatia crawled and stumbled its way to the final in Moscow, proving that a united team could've lifted the trophy.

This squad would be quite formidable despite some ageing stars and one or two of the next crop yet to find their feet in new surroundings.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
Shaqiri, Januzaj, Xhaka? They’re Albanians / Kosovar albos, not Yugos

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
With Euro qualifying coming to the closing stages I think it's the perfect time for another ex-Yu NT thread. Last one I did was just before the WC and calls were made that my ideal Yugoslav XI would be a flop. Alas, Croatia crawled and stumbled its way to the final in Moscow, proving that a united team could've lifted the trophy.

This squad would be quite formidable despite some ageing stars and one or two of the next crop yet to find their feet in new surroundings.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
u1ZoHfJZACA

·
Banned
36,097 Posts
Now do NDH suho!

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
For a minute I thought the title was Yugoslavia at Euro 2020. I immediately took a sip of my Orange Crush. :coffee:

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Now do NDH suho!
We had a great team in 42.

I think Szov's uncle got beat by us, and this was in the magical magyr era.

Currently, our NT has played in the WC 5 times. 2 of those times we ended up in the top 3. A remarkable achievement. Had we been playing since the 40s, dare I say we'd have already won 2 WCs and made a few other top 3 appearances sprinkled in by at least 2 or 3 Euro titles as well.

#weareCroatia
#theywishtheywere

·
Registered
54,639 Posts
We had a great team in 42.

I think Szov's uncle got beat by us, and this was in the magical magyr era.

Currently, our NT has played in the WC 5 times. 2 of those times we ended up in the top 3. A remarkable achievement. Had we been playing since the 40s, dare I say we'd have already won 2 WCs and made a few other top 3 appearances sprinkled in by at least 2 or 3 Euro titles as well.

#weareCroatia
#theywishtheywere

hey, hey, szöv‘s uncle never got beat by you. we played 3 games with NDH, 2 draws of 1-1, 1 magyar win of 1-0

goals scored by Dudás, Sárvári and szöv‘s uncle here; Wölfl and Pleše there

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
9,978 Posts
they‘re Swiss / Belgians

Absolutely, but in the context of this post, also Albanian in background. Much more so that than anything to do with Serbs and Croats, let’s be honest. Kosovo might have been in Serbia politically back in the day but we know what they are ethnically

So why all the confused gifs guys? :p

·
Registered
54,639 Posts
Absolutely, but in the context of this post, also Albanian in background. Much more so that than anything to do with Serbs and Croats, let’s be honest. Kosovo might have been in Serbia politically back in the day but we know what they are ethnically

So why all the confused gifs guys? :p
ethnically they‘re smth like Greeks or so, just without the hellenic history. a little akin to North Makos.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Some of the names forgotten... brate, zaboravljas neka ozbiljna imena :D

Samir Handanovic
Kevin Kampl
Jasmin Kurtic
Miha Zajc
Mario Pasalic
Ante Rebic
Andrej Kramaric
Mislav Orsic
Duja Caleta Car
Predrag Rajkovic
Nemanja Maksimović
Nemanja Radonjić
Nikola Maksimović
Nikola Vukčević... we have to throw one actual Montenegrin in there to stir the fire... Marusic is from Belgrade
Elif Elmas - this is probably the biggest name missing from your list

My current 23 based on form at the club/quality at national team level-

GK - 1. Jan Oblak, 2. Samir Handanovic, 3. Predrag Rajkovic

DR - 4. Sime Vrsaljko, 5. Adam Marusic
DC - 6. Dejan Lovren, 7. Nikola Milenkovic, 8. Stefan Savic, 9. Domagoj Vida
DL - 10. Aleksandar Kolarov, 11. Sead Kolasinac

DM - 12. Ivan Rakitic, 13. Marcelo Brozovic, 14. Miralem Pjanic, 15. Elif Elmas
AMR - 16. Dusan Tadic, 17. Josip Ilicic
AMC - 18. Luka Modric, 19. Sergej Milinkovic Savic
AML - 20. Ivan Perisic, 21. Mislav Orsic

F - 22. Edin Dzeko, 23. Aleksandar Mitrovic

Starting 11 of -

Oblak
Vrsaljko Lovren Milenkovic Kolarov
Rakitic Brozovic
Tadic Modric Perisic
Dzeko

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Suho what website is this you've found?? Even has alternate uniforms lol that's so dope, i wish we had that years ago when we used to do hypothetical 1998-2002 era Ukraine squads too

1 - 20 of 69 Posts