G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRUSSELS, May 29 (Reuters)(DS) - Lawyers acting for Kosovars
living in Belgium said on Monday they would ask a Belgian court
to ban Yugoslavia from Euro 2000.
"(The action) will be introduced this Friday before a judge
in Brussels," said Patrick Mbaya, an assistant to Luc Misson,
one of two lawyers acting for the plaintiffs.
The action would ask the court to order Belgian Foreign
Minister Louis Michel and Interior Minister Antoine Duquesne to
prevent the Yugoslav team from playing in the tournament.
Yugoslavia are due to play their opening game against
Slovenia in Charleroi, Belgium, on June 13.
Mbaya said the action was based on European Union sanctions
imposed on Serbia during last year's Kosovo conflict and the
precedent of Euro 92 when, against the backdrop of war in
Bosnia, Yugoslavia wwere banned by UEFA and replaced by Denmark,
who went on to win.
Olivier Alsteens, spokesman for the Belgian Foreign
Minister, declined to comment until the complaint had been
formally lodged, but said he believed Belgium had so far
respected all relevant laws.
"There is no (EU) sporting embargo against Yugoslavia,"
Alsteens said.
He said there was a visa ban on some Serbs travelling abroad
and if any were found in the Yugoslav delegation their entry
into the country would be blocked. He noted, however, that most
Yugoslav players are already employed by EU-based teams and had
valid visas.
Ministers in Belgrade were the only ones not invited by the
Belgian government to watch their teams in action, he added.

-Daily Soccer.

so.....how does this make you guys feel?

·
Registered
641 Posts
To make it clear ! I don`t think this will happen. But let`s think it over:

1. FIFA or UEFA don`t want that. They write fair-play on their propaganda flag, and this won`t fit in.

2. If it happen then everyone will see who really rules in Europe. Then all can see who is more powerful than UEFA, FIFA or the Belgian state ministers.

3. If they dare and let Irland go for YU and will win the EURO, it would be a great joke on soccer.

4. If this will happen, then every Yugoslav player will quit playing in Italy or Spain, because they don`t have VISA for these countries, too. The clubs involved are big ones and don`t want to loose players and money.

5. Other sports like Volleyball, Basketball or Handball don`t even discuss this topic. Why just always soccer ?

So, let`s hope it will went out, well. Some way it seem all like a big hollywood film to me. If there`s justice, than YU must win.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Lets be serius,if Yugoslavia deserved to be banned then what would USA deserve?

Let the laywers do whatever they want,just go out there and win the Euro.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I forgot:

Let the Britains beat up Turks,
let the Germans kill the jerks,
let the Belgians crush your head
and the Dutch who make them dead,
Let the French torment the Danes
Let Tifosi go insane
but the one team to be banned,
are the Yugoslaves, the damned.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is typical rubish and it won't come true for sure. they can always try but no chance that uefa would exclude us from the euro just like that.
amo, thanks for support!
hellas+servia=simahia

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think its bogus, The tournament is a sporting event, not a politcal one, the players have nothing to do with the politcal situation in Yugo. They shouldn't try to mix sports and politics, It changes nothing. Look at the Boycotts of the two Olympic games in the early 80's, what did they accomplish.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is crap. If the shiptari want it that way, maybee we should ban England, Spain, Holland, Belguim, Turkey, Italy, Germany for the crimes thay have commited.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look guys the reason that they are trying to ban us is becasue they are scared that we may win Euro.How will it Look to the west if there worst enemy are the best in Europe in the most popular sport in the world.
I believe that is the resaon they want to ban us.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As always they are trying anything to get at us...How dumb...Nemoze na niko nista!!! Isn't tha out motto???

hehehhe

Anyway, I think that our players needed a bit of motivation to get us going, seeing how slack we are, maybe if the players see how much everyone is trying to get rid of us, it will make them work harder and play as a team, just to show the rest of the world that we are CHAMPIONS??

Do you ppl think that this has some positive side to it?

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
</A>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe the players are thinking more about wether thier going to play in euro then the match against korea and thats why there playing bad.
What gets me angry is that by missing Euro players like Kovacevic wont have the opportunity to make a name for themselves in a big international tournament becasue they are playing great football.
Guys like Hagi and Stoichkov made themselves big by playing well at WC94 and Savicevic was part of that generation but he never got a chance to prove himself in International competiotion and it could happen again :(

·
Registered
234 Posts
ppl this wont happen trust me, it is just a thing those pieces of **** shiptari have to do to mke themselves feel better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, never say never 'cause those FIFA and UEFA bastards (who, ofcourse, don't like to mix politics and football) already took us out of two EUROs and one WorldCup in this decade.
But, I'm pretty sure nothing is gonna happen this time since this not a motion by any official party with influence. It's just a bunch of smelly and filthy shiptars who sold two kilos of cocaine and used the money to hire a lawyer and make some noise.

Also, before WC'98 in France, there was some political group in Germany requesting that we be banned from entering, but nothing happened.

·
Registered
641 Posts
News from Brussel:

The court will pass a verdict because of the YUGO-VISAs until 9.6.00 !

That is really a joke, if you remember Mihajlovic upset after it had been reported, that he joined Milosevic party.

I`ve read, that both sides had a hearing. I promise you, they want us out of the competition.

Why does FIFA or UEFA do not give a statement ?

It is such a joke. What was with England (82, Falkland), Iraq (1986).

EURO2000 is no matter of EU. Half of Europe is not member of EU, but all are members of UEFA.

F*** the laywers. Let the games begin !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts