Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ENGLAND

Joe Cole (West Ham)- Probably the most skillfull player in the world and has more talent in one toe than most of the youngsters youve mentioned. He can do things with the ball that most internationals can only dream of.

Jermaine Jenas (Newcastle)- Most expensive 18 year old (£5 million). The complete midfielder who has awesome skill and passing ability.

Jermaine Defoe (West Ham)- Di canio called him the 'black owen' and he will be a better player in a few years. Similar player to Owen but way more skillfull.

Jermaine Pennant (Arsenal)- Cost £2m as a 15 year old. Skillfull right winger with lightning pace and is similar to Figo.

SWEDEN

Kim Källström - Midfielder(DIF): One of the bigger talents in the swedish league. Had some offers from teams in Holland, when Häcken (his former team) went down one division, but choosed to stay in Sweden and signed for DIF. Might play in the WC.

Andreas isaksson - Goalkeeper (DIF): The biggest treath for Hedmans spot in swedens national team. Came to Juventus at the age of 17, but didnt have much luck there. When DIF called him up he decided to go back to Sweden and play there for a while. At the age of 19, he is the swedish leagues best goalkeeper, and you will see a lot of this kid in the future. Will go to the WC.

Mikael Dorsin - Defender/Midfielder(DIF): Again a player from DIF. Has a spot in the U21 team. People expect him to blow up this year, after being a big talent for quite some time.

Stefan Ishizaki - Midfielder(AIK): A great player who does those little extra things on the pitch. Scored against DIF in the stockholm-derby two days ago. This is a guy you need to put an eye on in the future. Great potential to become a worldclass player.

Christian Hemberg - Striker(ÖIS): This 18 year old kid is already one of the better strikers in the swedish league. He will blow up this year. Play for Swedens U21 team.

Per Nilsson - Defender(AIK): Dont know what to say about this guy, other than that he will take a place in our national team in a year or two. Great defender.

HOLLAND

1: Vd Vaart - Ajax
2: Van Persie - Feyenoord
3: Hofs - Vitesse
4: Robben - Groningen/Psv
5: Hoogstrate - Groningen
6: Loovens - Feyenoord
7: Heitinga - Ajax
8: Sprockel - Feyenoord
9: Hersi - NAC
10: Yue Ting Chung - Feyenoord
11: Matthijsen - Willem 2
12: Van Beukering - Vitesse
13: De Jong - Ajax
14: Sneijder - Ajax
15: Jansen - Vitesse
16: Bodde - Ado den Haag
17: Stekelenburg - Ajax
18: Mendes da Silva - Sparta
19: Huntelaar - Psv
20: Rafael - Ajax
21: Schaars - Vitesse
22: Boutahar - Feyenoord
23: Demouge - Nec
24: Seedorf - Ajax
25: Rojer - Vitesse
26: De Ridder - Ajax
27: Coutinho - Psv
28: Waterman - Heerenveen
29: Castelen - Ado den Haag
30: McDonald - Anderlecht

(Sources: Sportweek, Onefootball, Footballtransfers)

Who is missing ...

And what about YOUTH TALENTS (Under 20) from Argentina, Brasil, Italia, Spain, France, Russia and other countries ???

·
Registered
23 Posts
The biggest u-20 talents in Spain right now are:

1. Fernando Torres (Atletico de Madrid): the most talented player born in Spain in the last decades:D :D.
2. Arteta (PSG).
3. Reyes (Sevilla).

·
Registered
263 Posts
In Argentina there are so many - Maxi Lopez & Cavenaghi are just 2 i've seen,i can't remember the other names,sorry:D:D:D

France also,has many many good youngsters coming through - i dont know them all,but 2 that Liverpool have on pre-contract are Antony Le Tallec & Florent Sinama-Pongolle:)

By the way,Joe Cole is a wonderful talent,but not the best youngster in the world.For that you are talking someone like D'Alessandro(River Plate) or Saviola - for their age they are better than the rest,not an opinion just a fact.:)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Joe Cole

Joe Cole flatters to decieve, while he has the moves, can pull the fashy turn in the centre of the field his contribution to the team varies from very little to zero.

In the past two seasons Cole has scored a mere 5 goals and assisted another 5 which is woefully poor for the alleged "best young attacking midfielder in the country" and for him to be considered anywhere near that he has to contribute more to the team.

Compare him with other players in England.

Damien Dunn - 5 goals and 7 assists in his debut season (Cole has managed less in two years) while playing for a club who have been fighting relegation.

Vlademir Smicer - 5 goals 9 assists.

These players aren't necessarily better players but they have substituted the flash ineffective showboating that Cole is guilty of and replaced it with a more directly helpful asset, namely goals and the creation of goals.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Argentina

Romagnoli, Saviola, D'Alessandro, Coloccini, Rodriguez...

Italy

Cassano, Caracciolo, Maccarone...

France

Mexes, Armand, Landreau, Frey, Cissé...

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
INIESTA of barcelona b should be amazin from what i hear. hopefully he will be promoted next season an we will be able 2 c his talents on a bigger stage

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
In Denmark we have some players, who also have been chased around for some time :). Scout; I think too many people in this forum just mention names like Mexes, Ronaldinho, Saviola, etc, all the guys everyone knows, but I think it's relieving to see that you know so many players that people haven't heard about. Here I'm talking your Dutch list :).

In Denmark the biggest talents are probably as follows:

Martin Bergvold;
Midfielder playing in KB, a mother club for FC København. Was offered a contract by Man U 2 months ago, but chose to extend his stay with us for three more years :). 18 years old

Kasper Lorentzen;
Attacker, playing in Brøndby. Is right now viewable in the, IMO, very interesting U17 EC going on here in Denmark. Scored a late equalizer in the opener against Holland, in the dying minutes. Has been interesting Arsenal, but rejected their approach as he thinks a youth player will learn just as much here in DK.

Rune Lind;
Midfielder, playing in Esbjerg. Also a guy you can watch these days, if they're transmitting from the U17 EC in your country. Has been training with Udinese, Ajax and other clubs, but is staying in Denmark so far.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I wish i could get to see more,but i'm only able to catch some games from Argentina,Holland and of course England.Personally,i was only countering the comment about Joe Cole,that's all.:)

·
Registered
263 Posts
In England,1 guy who hasn't received that much attention is Shaun Wright-Phillips(Man. City).Also,Carlton Cole just made his senior debut for Chelsea yesterday and scored a very good header - he seems to have been doing really well for Chelsea reserves,and looks promising.And speaking of strikers,Mellor of Liverpool reserves( :) ),continues to bang in the goals - his scoring rate this year,for the U-19 & reserves,has been absolutely excellent - 43 goals in total i think.:)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Great JB :). I figure you're a Pool fan :D ;).

Well I didn't mean anything insulting with what I said, but I personally, don't know about you guys, but I find it much more interesting to hear about players as the ones you mentioned because you can't find that kind of info online. Only on site, while all sites want you to think Saviola, Mexes, etc are the only future talents. I like to know about those, but preffer to read and learn, as I f.ex never heard about that Liverpool fellow, and we also get to know about more upcomming players before the others that way :D.

:star:

·
Registered
65 Posts
In Bolivia,

Jose Alfredo Castillo: 18 yr old was 2001's world's highest scoring player with 42 goals. Broke Bolivia's scoring record in his first year as a starter. Being observed by PSV and Troyet.

Joselito Vaca: 19 yrs old, was a huge help for Oriente Petrolero winning the Bolivian chamionship last year. Now languishing in Dallas Burn.

Javier Guzman: This year's 17 yr old sensation is getting offers from Argentinian clubs.

Roberto Ortiz: 16 yr old in Bologna's youth division is being observed by Roma and Juventus

·
Registered
263 Posts
I agree DBOY:D:).Following on,Carlton Cole was given high praise Mario Melchiot after his perf. filling in for JFH,and there is talk of Chelsea improving his current contract.Mellor may not get his chance in the Liverpool 1st team for a while,considering who we have and who we will probably sign;).However Wright-Phillips will get noticed in the EPL next season for sure.He was a forward,then converted to a midfielder,and now a wing-back!He has good speed,and quite a calm finish.Oh,btw,the "Wright" in Wright-Phillips - well,remeber Ian Wright?I like the look of this kid,he has a good attitude,and if Manchester City do well next season,then he should get some good reviews.

Oh,and finally Anthony Le Tallec,scored a goal for Le Havre in their victory over the weekend which sees them promoted to Le Championnat next year.He( & Sinama-Pongolle) are on pre-contracts with LFC,don't ya know:tongue::D:D:D

Bye 4 now.:)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Iniesta
Torres
Reyes
Arteta
Portillo
Minambres
..... These are some of Spain's new talents, there are tons more.

P.S: Joe Cole the most skillfull player in the world?:howler:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Julius Aghahowa

Julius Aghahowa is a 19-year-old Nigerian who can play anywhere in the attacking role. He is currently based in Ukraine and plays for Shakhtar Donetsk (sp?) along with Senegal's defensive midfielder Assane N'Diaye. They are both very promising players, although N'Diaye isn't Under 20.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
but wait...there's more...

I can only give names and clubs here, but they are very promising...
  • Steven Reid - Millwall
  • Cherno Samba - Millwall
  • Andy Burgess - Rushden & Diamonds
  • Stefan Selakovic - Halmstad
  • Harpal Singh - Leeds United
  • Frazer Richardson - Leeds United
  • Bojan Djordjic - Manchester United
  • Craig Coates - Manchester United
  • Juan Roman Riquelme - Boca Juniors
  • Matthew Abbott - Ossett Trinitarians Under-14's 'B' :tongue:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
and what about me Matty boy! :tongue:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Portugal's future:

Simao Sabrosa: he's been in the spotlight since he was 16 years old. He's still barely 22 but already one of the best players in Portugal at the moment.

Hugo Viana: A sleek passer, quick, nimble...a Rui Costa-esque type player. Celta Vigo and Juventus are still fighting for his signing.

Ricardo Quaresma: Just turned 19. Usually plays on the right and has the pace, power, moves to become as good as his hero, Figo.

Paulo Costa: Young striker with pace.

Makukula: Top scorer in Spains 2nd division.

Ednilson: midfield sensation a la Paulo Sousa.

Helder Postiga: super young Porto striker.

Tonel: Pace, power, and can score too.

Jorge Ribeiro: good defender, good ball winner.

Ricardo Costa: good defender. Very good in the air. Captain of the under 20 squad at the moment.

Serge Leite: goalie: had a very impressive campaign with the under 21 squad.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Simao Sabrosa: full of sh*t

Hugo Viana: full of sh*t

Ricardo Quaresma: full of sh*t

Paulo Costa: full of sh*t

Makukula: full of sh*t

Ednilson: full of sh*t

Helder Postiga: full of sh*t

Tonel: full of sh*t

Jorge Ribeiro: full of sh*t