Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how would you compare A1 teams in holland(of teams like AZ, Feyenoord, PSV, Uterecht etc etc...) to A1 teams in Germany(Dusseldorf, aachen, koln, gladbach etc...)

so junior bundesliga vs junior eredivisie

how are the players and all that?
thanks

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
The youth here in Holland tends to be more skillful, attacking football. Thats why Holland has so much talented attacking players but the defence is a bit behind.

In Germany, hmm dont know exactly, but knowing the Germans its the otherway around :D tactical :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aha ya i looked at the youth u19 team. i guess their pretty bad compared to other countries

i just had a trial with fortuna dusseldorf in germany over christmas break and i was wondering about dutch youth soccer because id me more than interested to play in holland, even belgium

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Like Andor said, Dutch (youth) football is well-known in the world because of its offensive and technical style of play.
Compared to the Germans, first thing what comes to my mind is the mentality; most important thing in Holland is to develop yourself as a player, especially technique (Coerver-method for example) and skills like ball control etc are important.
Opposite to Germany, where it's all a lot based on results, the victory, three points.

Advantage of our style of developing is we produce very skillfull players, but because they never learned to go very far to win a match, their mentality could be better.
Advantage of the German style, on determination and teamwork the Germans can come very far, but their skills are often horrible.

Of course this is just in general, and my own opinion, every club differs... but for sure every Dutch club prefers developing of players over results, opposite to Germany. That can be seen back in professional football too, young players gets much more often chances to play in the first team in Holland, compared to Germany...

If you want to know more specific things feel free to ask.

Tragedy said:
i just had a trial with fortuna dusseldorf in germany over christmas break and i was wondering about dutch youth soccer because id me more than interested to play in holland, even belgium
Oh really? Good luck with your possible career then! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Another thing... if you're not joking and really want to play in Holland, I think you've got very less chance, unless you're a huge talent, or unless you've got a EU nationality.

It's about the minimum salary in a year... a player, 18 or 19 years old, must earn at least 75% of the average wage in the Eredivisie, a player from outside the European Union, who's at least 20, must earn at least €401.715 in one year, which is 150% more than the average wage of a EU Eredivisie player.

Here a list with restrictions for non-EU players in every country, but it's in Dutch.. if you want I can translate a bit

So take in mind your nationality plays a big part too.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Knoert - thanks for the good and informative replys. I can only read some dutch because its like german just with a lot of "a"' and "j" put in there.
ya when i played with dusseldorf the kids individualy werent the greatest but when we had scrimages they where amazing. communication and all that.
So how much do the 18 and 19 year olds get paid?
Unfortunatly i dont have a EU passport so now i cant play in holland? i wont get accepted by clubs right?

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Tragedy said:
So how much do the 18 and 19 year olds get paid?
Depends on at which clubs they're playing, probably at the big clubs (Feyenoord, Ajax, PSV, Heerenveen etc.) 18 and 19 year olds who play in the reserve team have a contract.

But I know for example a 20 year old playing in the TOP Oss reserve team, and he doesn't have a contract so doesn't get paid... only just to cover his travel costs and things like that.

Don't know how much exactly, but it won't be that much as long as they're unknown players, when they break through and appear in the starting lineups they'll sign new contracts for more money...

Tragedy said:
Unfortunatly i dont have a EU passport so now i cant play in holland? i wont get accepted by clubs right?
Don't know the rules exactly... but as far as I know, they have to pay you a lot of money (see my previous post), so except if you're an outraging talent, they probably can't afford it to sign you.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It makes a difference that you don't have an EU passport, but the fact you haven't doesn't mean you won't be accepted. It just depends of certain factors.

You might try Knoert's and mine common love VVV-Venlo ;)

(I sent you a PM)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Oranje said:
You might try Knoert's and mine common love VVV-Venlo ;)
:D, we got another VVV fan?

Ontopic; you really think that would be possible? Wouldn't it be impossible without a EU-passport?

·
42,192 Posts
thats what they are trying to set in the government. Thats why Poles arent allowed to come and work here yet. They dont want them to take the jobs from Dutchies. Dont know if it counts for footballers, dont think Medunyanin earns that much.

·
42,192 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts