Xtratime Community banner

12961 - 12980 of 13006 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Perhaps you could change Calasan for a real LB in the squad I listed. Vucic or Terzic are the two options we have. I'm not sure if Gajic or Stevanovic can cover the left side in case of injury or suspension for Bogosavac.

Luka Adzic isn't playing at all at Anderlecht and may be replaced Lazar Randjelovic who is doing well for Radnicki. Nemanja Mihajlovic is also an option.

Saponjic place in the team can be threated by some of our other striker prospects like Zlatanovic, Stuparevic or Vlahovic.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
U19's drew 2-2 in their first match against Ukraine. Late equalizer by Vlahovic who scored both goals. He scored 2 in the last game as well. Seems pretty unstoppable at this stage in his career. Will be interesting to see him progress as he's truly turning into the next Ibrahimovic at this level.

Will be hard to advance to the final tournament. Remaining matches against Italy and Belgium who also drew 2-2. Matches are being played in Italy

It should be noted that we are missing quite a few players in this generation. Nobody knows why too. Djerlek, Kokir, Jocic, Zekaj, Popovic (Monaco), Balaz, Radmanovac, Erakovic and a few others but ok....Seems to be happening quite a lot recently once we won the U20 world cup, our youth teams seem to have not been calling up our best players.
Svetozar Markovic has been injured but is recovered now.
Also strange we started Vidoslajevic off the bench considering he's our best offensive midfielder (maybe saving him for Belgium and Italy?)
I like Milosavljevic from this generation. Similar player to Sasa Lukic aka Spanish type of midfielder. Will be interesting to see him progress. Bogdan Jocic, who wasn't called up, has a good chance to be the best place from this generation 2000/2001. Incredible midfielder. Completely tore apart PSG, Liverpool and Napoli in the youth CL.

U17's have an easy group and quite a talented team on paper now that they've brought on a couple 03 generation players. Very good in midfield and defense. Think they can make some noise this year.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
At the moment I think this is our best possible U21-squad:

GK (3): Radunovic, Vasiljevic, Nikolic (Manojlovic and Vanja aren't playing at their clubs)
D (8): Gajic, Stevanovic, Milenkovic, Jovanovic, Babic, Calasan, Markovic, Bogosavac
CM (5): Grujic, Lukic, Racic, Ilic, Pantic
W (4): Zivkovic, Lutovac, Radonjic, Adzic
S (3): Jovic, Joveljic, Saponjic

A lot can happen until the tournament. The transfer window will be crucial for some of the players.

Depends who is allowed to go.

I'm positive Zivkovic, Radonjic, Pantic, Racic, and Lukic won't be a problem.
Milenkovic, Jovic and Grujic will be.
Jovic, depending on if he's sold or not by that time (Eintracht might want him to play as Serbia can raise his price tag even more if he has a good showing). Milenkovic has been in poor form for Fiorentina and this could actually help solidify his 40 million price tag
Grujic seems to not want to play U21 football as he thinks it's lowering his chances at Liverpool and Liverpool might want him to spend the summer in England training with the team.

Ilic has practically missed the whole season after a really promising start in holland. Such a shame because he's one of those players I think can blossom in to a star.

Adzic has finally made his way on the bench. He's got quite a bit to prove. It will be interesting to see him in the upcoming friendlies.

Quite a few players have been battling nagging injuries like Pantic and Markovic but both should be available. I think Pantic might be the glue to this team along with Lukic.

I can't wait to see what Uros Racic has in store for us. He's the guy that will be replacing Matic and Milivojevic for us but a modern spanish type of footballer compared to those two guys. Think the midfield trio of Pantic, Racic and Lukic is very special and should suffice at this level to make a deep run.
Zivkovic and Radonjic have a lot to prove. If they have a good tournament, we can win the whole thing. Simple as that.
Saponjic has been playing full 90 minute matches for Benfica B team. He's really only got one thing going for him: always in the right place at the right time. Clinical finisher because of that. A Klose-lite type of player. Just due to experience and age, he should be in the squad.

Gajic and Bogosavac are in excellent form which is important because they are the future of the Serbian NT for the next 5 years or more. Terzic is an excellent back-up at LB. If Milenkovic comes, he can back-up the RB spot at this level no doubt. We could even bring someone like Sehovic who plays both LB/RB.

Personally, I don't think there's a reason to bring Jovic. Let the kid rest and enjoy his summer. No reason to pick up an injury. Joveljic is more than capable of filling in his place and Vlahovic can be that 3rd striker to fill in for Jovic. Joveljic, Vlahovic and Saponjic is good enough. The whole point of this tournament is to develop future stars. Jovic is already a star. Doesn't need this experience.

Shame that Svilar hasn't decided to represent Serbia. Would have been the perfect opportunity here to be our starting keeper. This is arguably our weakest position.

Overall, we can make a very deep run. Defense, midfield and attack is stacked at just about every important position apart from keeper (shame Rajkovic is a year old as well).

Expect to see something like this:

S: Jovic/Joveljic
LW: Radonjic
RW: Zivkovic
CM: Pantic
CM: Lukic
DM: Racic
LB: Bogosavac
RB: Gajic
CB: Milenkovic
CB: Vukasin Jovanovic (C)
GK: Radunovic(?)

Great squad. Grujic is another nice option to have if he decides he wants to play or Liverpool allows him but I prefer Lukic, Racic and Pantic at the moment.
Markovic and Babic off the bench as our second CB pair.
Terzic is a nice offensive full/wing back or LM. Dynamic player that offers a lot going up front. Ilic would be another nice option to have but I highly doubt he will be healthy on time. Think his inclusion is very key to our depth.

But lets see who gets the call up. We have a lot of players in nice form at the moment.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
What do you think about Lazar Randjelovic? He seems to be a vital part (he has good stats) of Radnicki that has an impressive season in the JSL.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
What a talanted generation this was, but they only achieved 2 group stages as at World Cup as seniors despite all the success at youth level. But they were a bit prevented from incompetent coaches, corruptions, Genoa accidents and drones. Hopefully we take better care of this upcoming generation.

It's fun to watch the anthem from a game against Modric's generation where we beat them in both games.

Line-up: Stojkovic - Basta, Ivanovic, Bisevac, Tosic - Milijas, Vukcevic - Krasic, Lazovic, Jankovic - Vucinic

IWi6hbRYN14
Wow, talk about a blast from the past :howler: :thumbsup (1):

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The last good Montenegrin generation thanks to Serbian school of football, particularly Partizan, for producing the majority of their talents haha

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
The last good Montenegrin generation thanks to Serbian school of football, particularly Partizan, for producing the majority of their talents haha
Remind me, which Serbian club did Vucinic play for again? You know, the guy who scored all 3 goals against the Croats in that game ;)

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Looks like nostalgia's hit you a bit. Always making up reasons when in reality these guys didn't actually achieve much of importance in their respective club careers.

Stojković was a failure everywhere he want outside of Serbia. Took him ages to improve a little bit in his weaker areas. He only played because we lacked anyone who was better. The crazy part is that he almost got 85 caps.

Basta was mainly a squad player during his career. Had a few good seasons in Serie A but was never good enough to make it on the big stage. He was unlucky with being operated incorrectly and respect to him for fighting his way back.

Ivanović was really good. I still think he should've made a career as a CB instead of a RB at Chelsea though. The best of this bunch by a country mile. I'll always respect the way he fought his way into Chelsea after that initial six months when the English made fun of him. Loved watching Bane on the way up, especially at Lokomotiv where he really was great. Shame he didn't get to use all of that knowledge with the ball through out his career btw. He was an excellent ball-playing CB before Chelsea decided he should be playing more as a RB (he did this at Loko and the youth NT's as well).

Biševac was just an OK player. Always prone to individual mistakes.

Tošić was never good enough for a higher level of football even if he did well after returning to Serbia.

Vukčević's mentality was horrendous. So were his career choices. Thought too highly of himself and believed he made it when in reality he didn't. Never good enough collectively either.

Krasić made a good career for himself despite just relying on his pace. Once he was found out and the game shifted to a different type of football he didn't have long left at the top. Did really well at CSKA and had three good months at Juventus who was attempting to come back from the Calciopoli-years. Never good enough at the highest level.

Lazović was probably the most adaptable player. Never a good enough goal scorer so he had to be shifted out wide. His best years were at PSV. Another player who wasn't good enough for the highest level and with character problems.

Janković is probably the biggest disappointment. He had much more football in him than he eventually showed. We now know that he never should've gone to Italy after the successful spell at Mallorca where he was hungry. Injuries took away a lot from him.

Vučinić was always hot and cold. A great talent in my opinion but he was always a second tier attacker because of his lack of consistency. And he never wanted to play for Serbia btw. Faked an injury before the World Cup in 2006. Something even Nenad Đorđević told openly when he was in Sweden.

The best players are the ones that continue developing after the age of 21 btw. Youth tournament success is worthless if the players don't continue their development afterwards, especially after leaving Serbia.
The players born between 84-87 were our most post promising generation produced after the war which they showed multiple times at youth level. I am not saying they were world class, but they were definitely enough talented to achieve more than they did. I don't think they got a real chance because they were mistreated in different ways:

2010 - It started well with Antic when they qualified for a big tournament. I think it could have continued well if the criminals wouldn't have fired Antic for no reason.
2012 - This campaign will be remembered for the Genoa-accident with point deduction and some of the most bizarre call-up I ever seen by Pizon (Trivunovic, Miric, Dimitrijevic etc).
2014 - At the time when this this generation should have been at it's prime Mihajlovic made an totally unmotivated generation-change that now in retrospect wasn't worth nothing - players that he promoted (Mijailovic Djuricic, Markovic, Scepovic) faded away.
2016 - This cycle was characterized by the drone-accident that led to unfair point deduction.
2018 - Finally we qualified for a tournament.

I also think that the NT can play a big part of players career and affect them in positive or negative ways - and this generation wasn't helped by the NT.

The new generation is even more talanted but I am afraid they will be mistreated in the same way.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Campaigns from 2012-2016 was all about none sport things. There is truth in that we overestimate those generations, no doubt about that. We are very known for those things. I think we doing same thing with this one too. But also there was a lot of non football things who cause things to be worse then it should. And this campaign is similar to those just maybe, but just maybe this generation looks like more talented so we should beat some rivals without proper strategy and plan, solely on pure individual quallity. After all we finihed 1st. in our Ligue of Nations group with that and a bit of luck.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
U19's lost their final two games against Belgium and Italy without a goal.

Someone has to be responsible here for not calling up the 8 or so missing players from this team. Inexcusable. I don't care if clubs want to keep them for first team duties. NT is above all!

Anyhow, quite a lot of individual talent in this generation 2000/2001. Let's hope they get a better U21 coach like Djorovic.

U17's comically won 3-1 against Slovakia. Couldn't string two passes together (like Serbian A team against Germany/Portugal) but somehow did well on the corner and set pieces because of our superior physical presence at this age. Could have easily had a couple red cards as well. Never seen a more aggressive player than Ergelas. I like his energy but damn he nearly got in a fight about 5 times in the match and 1 minute within being subbed in. Scored a nice free kick too. Strange kid. Hopefully isn't our next Nikola Ninkovic.

Wing-backs are solid. I like Blagojevic quite a bit as a prospect. Lets see how he develops.
CB's were good too. A bit too aggressive for my liking.

Stankovic (son of Deki) is an interesting keeper. Reminds me of Mile Svilar actually. Overly zealous and eccentric. Always chose the hardest route. Saved a penalty but also caused it himself with a dumb sliding knee tackle into the opposing player.
Plays for Inter youth team so not surprising. I was looking forward to seeing Luka Ilic who also plays for Inter but he didn't impress me at all. Though, he hardly ever got the ball. Looked like Zdravko Kuzmanovic out there...haha

Probably my favorite player from the 02 generation (apart from Filip Stevanovic that wasn't even called up, lol) is definitely Ilija Babic form Zvezda. Scored an incredible header. Multiple times dribbled by the opposing defenders with ease. He's a classical wing-forward. Worked well with Randjelovic. He's progressed quite a bit since the last time I've seen him. He's got Jovic/Joveljic potential for sure.

From 03, I really like Cveticanin. His speed really took the pressure off our defense and midfield. He brought us back into the game after 1-1. Also had a nice assist to the Babic header. He's like Lazar Markovic/Radonjic speed wise with the actual ability to beat his man with his dribbling and technique.

Next game is against France. Feel like we could be severely exposed here. Playing with two DM's and no true central midfielder is anti-football. Not sure when our country will realize this mistake.

U21's beat Poland in their first friendly. Djorovic's tactics are spot on. Better coach than Krstajic. Defense was excellently organized. They had maybe 2 chances the whole game.
Uros Racic is the next big player to come out of Serbia. WOW. This kid has progressed tremendously. He looked like a mix of Sergej/Matic out there. Extremely impressed by him. He should be called up to our next A team games after U21 tournament. I have no doubt he will explode in Spain next season. The Polish commentators practically called him a superstar. Completely dominated them. Was also impressed by Masovic (similar to Grujic type of player + defense). I also liked Randjelovic out there. He looked really good. Terzic made a few mistakes but you can see he will be the next U21 LB for sure. Think a move to Fiorentina is too early...

Only thing I didn't like was the lack of involvement with our strikers. Joveljic and Saponjic were practically invisible.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Svilar has pretty much rejected us BTW

He's practically waiting for Belgium to call him up once he's good enough

If not, he's keeping Serbia open as a second option once he's established at Benfica

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
In 2004/2006/2007 we made final/semi/final. Think we have a good chance of repeating those results again in the next 2-3 cycles.

Next cycle U21's are looking good and possibly better than this one because of depth alone.

From this generation, we have quite a few players that will be able to continue on to the next cycle. I believe it's 98 generation players and younger.

Since Djorovic has been coach, we've experimented with 27 players that are 98 GEN or younger. That's incredible and if you look at his interview with mozzart (I believe), he mentioned that he's doing this specifically so that he can prepare the guys for the next cycle of U21 football. What a great guy and I love how he is looking after Serbian football. I list some of the better ones that have had experience in this cycle and that we will most likely see in the next one.

At first, it might seem we are a little thin at GK but I think Gordic will step up nicely. He's made some nice strides with Zvezda and has received quite a bit of experience along the way. 2001 generation we have quite a few nice talents there at GK as well.
As always, we can dream of Svilar but in reality it won't happen.
Vladan Dekic is part of Inter Milan youth team. He's been their standard keeper for the U19's so there's some nice hope for him going forward. Maybe he can get some Serie B time next season. Would do well for his development. He is 99 generation as well.
Djorovic has tried 3 other keepers as well from the 98 gen for this particular cycle.

My favorite area of this upcoming cycle is the defense. Think we have some incredible defensive players at every position for this generation especially RB/LB. I'll start with the ones that are already in this current cycle. I really like Erhan Masovic. He projects better as a DM because of his offensive capabilities and great short passing skills but he is pretty flexible. From CB, DM, to CM, he's got the tools to play anywhere. Djorovic has favored him for quite some time and has believed in him since day one. At first, I didn't see what he saw in him but since this last friendly, I definitely understand the type of potential he has. Hopefully, his confidence continues to rise.

Our main CB pairing will probably be Markovic and Pavlovic. Not only do they know each other very well from Partizan youth days but they compliment each other really well. Djorovic speaks very highly of Markovic. I believe he mentioned him at least 5 or 6 times in his interview and says he will be worth quite a bit of money one day soon. I trust his evaluations as he also believed in Jovic, Racic, Milenkovic, Masovic, and others before they got big. Pavlovic is that type of defender that every team wants on their team. Projects to be a monster like Sule in Germany. We'll probably see quite a bit of Bosnjak, Veselinovic, Dinga, Kamenovic, Jelicic, Boris Popovic, Erakovic, Balaz, and quite a few other guys with great potential. Lots of depth here at CB from 98 to 2001.

At LB, we have Terzic that will for sure be the starting player at this position. He's already done well in this current cycle and has only been outshone by the talented Bogosavac. Right under him will surely be Zlatan Sehovic who has shown nice talent at Partizan and in Europa League. He'll give Terzic a run for his money. Nice to have depth once again. He's a bit young but I really like Uros Blagojevic from the U17 team. If you want to compare him size wise at this age, probably Slobodan Rajkovic is the best pick. Very big and strong far superior physique to other players at his age. He's got great skills on the ball and really times his runs well. He's solid at the back. Will most likely be a makeshift CB/LCB/LB type of player. Puts in decent crosses as well and is very comfortable on the ball. Will make a post about him in the talents thread eventually.

At RB, I really really like Stefan Radmanovac. Have you guys seen the calves on this kid? Reminds me of Jovic in that way. This kid is built and he really impressed me with the U17's last year when they played Spain and Germany. He was by far our best player. Really strange occlusion from the U19 team this year but that wasn't the only faulty move. Really hope to see him get some games at Partizan next season. I know he's signed a professional contract with them and is training with the first team already. So, most likely will get his chance along with Vlalukin next season at Partizan. Speaking of Vlalukin, I like his versatility. Can play any position in the back and was a big time talent coming up. Reminds me quite a bit of Ignjovski from back in the day. He had a big injury that kept him out for quite some time and he's finally getting back into the rotation with some quality minutes in the second league. Cucin and Velickovic will most likely be back for the next cycle as well. We also have our black Serbian, Jason Prodanovic :howler:

At DM, we are fairly stacked once again. In fact, it will be tough to decide who should play. Most likely we will see Masovic start there if not at CB. I think Racic will be played more offensively which is a smart decision but he's an excellent option at CB as well. Can't go wrong with either really. You also have some really big talents in Ivan Ilic (Luka Ilic's brother). We already know the talent this kid possesses. He might be a bit too young to be the starter here as we already have some older and more mature options right now. He'll definitely be in the mix though. Aleksandar Djordjevic and Arton Zekaj (Lille) will most likely be in the mix. The latter has already featured on the bench for Lille. Think it would be wise to call him up. Djordjevic has experience already with this current cycle of players. We have two very interesting "diaspora" players in Zvekanov and Kristijan Belic. The latter is really being hyped up for West Ham. He has already been featured for the U23 team and was the youngest player in the squad. His A team debut will most likely come next season. He's a midfield destroyer type with good technical skill. Takes nice long strides and really likes to push forward. Very aggressive with his tackles. Maybe a bit too aggressive. It works for the EPL but not so much in international football. Anyhow, he will absolutely be in the mix for the next cycle. He is a true DM. Vanja Zvekanov is a standard Genoa U19 player and has been featured on the bench for their A team. He's another exciting prospect. I've only seen him once or twice but looks like he has excellent potential. I really wish we would have picked up Vasilije Janjicic
Think he's going to be a star in the Bundesliga next season. Reminds me a bit of Deki Stankovic as well.

CM will be interesting. Most of the talents are in the 2000/01 GEN for this position. I already mentioned that Racic will most likely play CM. However, I also really like Luka Ilic at CM. I think that will be his star potential position. Djorovic thinks very highly of Ilic and talked about him being a player worth 40-50 million one day. I can definitely see this. It's really a shame that he got injured for 80% of the season. He was off to a hot start with 2 early goals in the dutch league. I'd really like to see him in Germany next season. Think it will be a great step for his career. Ideally, a team projecting to be near relegation zone so that he can be a full time starter. Experience and age wise, we'll definitely see Njegos Petrovic (can play DM also) and Mesarovic (always plays more offensively). From the younger guys, 00/01, I think Bogdan Jocic will be shining very soon. We haven't had a talent like him in a long time. I know he's listed more of an offensive midfielder but it would be a disservice to him not to play him at CM. His ability to hold up the ball and make runs is incredible. His vision and passing technique is world class for his age. There's a good reason clubs like Juve and Ajax were after him. I really wish he went to Ajax. Think they could have turned him into a special player. Lets see what Zvezda does with him. Milojevic tends to let young guys rot for quite a bit of time and they lose confidence. This was an issue with Joveljic for a bit. Nikola Terzic is looking like a nice prospect. Love the way he holds the ball. He's been highly touted by a few coaches. Look forward to his progression. I personally really like Ivan Milosavljevic. This kid is class. He's the prototypical Spanish central midfielder. Quick short passes. Holds the ball well. Runs into open spaces. Makes excellent long and diagonal passes. Has great vision. I really like this kid. Nobody has talked much about him but I think if he just relies on his skills alone, he could be a very talented player. Could have a similar path like Sasa Lukic. An under the radar type of talent. Very similar to Lukic in many ways. A few other talents we might see in the mix from this younger gen are Martin Novakovic (Excellent pick up for Zvezda I like this kid), Lazar Pavlovic (big talent back in the day and was even wanted by Barcelona but suffered multiple injuries...seems to be in good form now though), and a few other guys I can't think of off the top of my head right now.

LW we have an excellent prospect in Jovan Kokir. Can't believe how Partizan is treating this kid. He's been playing in the second Serbian league and has something like 5 goals in his last 6 games and he barely just arrived. He should have been given playing time for the A team a long time ago. I really hope some club in Germany picks him up. Excellent potential. Luka Adzic would obviously have the edge here if he continues to improve. I really like the potential of Adzic. Think he has the chance to play for a big club one day. He just needs to be a bit more patient. Djorovic likes him as well. He's finally been getting some bench time at Anderlecht but needs more playing time. I also really like the prospect of Slobodan Stanojlovic. He's a dynamic winger with excellent crossing ability and very quick.
Strahinja Jovanovic has regressed but still nice potential.
Radivoj Bosic has potential too but has been overhyped a bit.

RW we also have some very nice prospects. Djorovic seems to really favor Micin.
I really like Milutin Vidosavjlevic. He's got it all to replace Andrija Zivkovic.
Neskovic is another nice prospect. Very direct player. Could even play wing forward.
Zlatanovic will probably play a bit as an inside forward on that right side.
I feel like I'm missing quite a few names here as well but I'm way too tired to look them up.
Armin Djerlek needs to get much stronger if he wants to transition to the next level but he will most likely be in the mix also.

One really young wing player that I like a lot is Filip Stevanovic. He could end up being Serbia's Joao Felix. IMO, he's a massive prospect and one of the biggest we've had since Perica Ognjenovic. He can also play centrally. His movements and strides really remind me of a mix between Dzajic, Tadic and Zidane. Strange but truly a massive potential. The thing I like most about him is that he's always hungry to grow but very calm, stable and humble. It's the perfect combination to success. From his interviews, I truly think he's a genius. On and off the pitch. Look forward to watching him grow.

S is really a funny position. We have almost way too many good players for this position which is strange because for 10-20 years we had nobody at youth level.
Vlahovic is the most exciting IMO. 15 goals in 16 matches for U19 Fiorentina. Won them the cup title yesterday after a brilliant penalty. This kid oozes talent. Does remind of Ibrahimovic really. Will be interesting to see him in Serie A next season. I think Milenkovic did wonders for him.
The best striker in this generation is definitely Joveljic at the moment. Excellent coaching with Milojevic. He's proven himself already against Napoli, PSG and Liverpool. Arguably one of the best in each of those matches. If Jovic can't play this summer, Joveljic will take his place and gain some valuable experience.
Filip Stuparevic just earned himself a nice transfer to the EPL. He's a very interesting prospects. Porjects something similar to Lewandowski. He'll most likely get loaned out next season to a Serie A team. Udinese were very interested from what I've read.
Slobodan Tedic is kind of the quiet one of the three 00 gen players I mentioned. But he's been the most prolific scorer out of any of them in the Serbian league. A very complete player up front.
Of course, we can't give up on Saponjic. He's still getting in Benfica B games. Think a move back to Partizan would be best for him and Pzan.
Luka Markovic is also an interesting prospect. Plays for Juventus' U19 team. He's been picking up more appearances for them recently. Really like the way he plays. Has a rocket of a foot.
Milos Bocic is another exciting prospect from Italy. Plays for Udinese U19 team but has been on the bench recently multiple times. Looks set to make his debut soon. Could have a good chance to break through as Udinese play with two forwards up front.
Three 02 generation players that are young but have big talent are Aleksandar Isailovic. He's the kid that was tearing it up in Spain and then got a nice transfer to Benfica.
The other one that I really like is more of an inside forward from the right wing, Ilija Babic. Has the potential to be the best player from 02 generation along with Filip Stevanovic.
The third 02 prospect that I find very interesting is Lazar Samardzic. Seems like Germany is trying to take him away like Marko Marin. He's been tearing up the German youth leagues. I believe last year he was the top goal scorer in one division. This year, he's suffered an injury but since coming back, he's still got 14 goals + assists in only 10 games. From what I've read, Hertha think he's going to be a star. I don't play FM but he's apparently listed as one of the biggest talents in the game. Would be a huge mistake to not pick him up.

Clearly, as most of you noticed, our biggest talents are in the 00,01,02 generations. A few in the 99 gen like Joveljic and Terzic and only 2 players with big potential in Masovic and Racic. So, there's a good chance we might underperform in the next tournament in 2021 I believe but the one after that 00-04 should be leaving a blazing trail of fire behind it. Great successors to our current "golden generation" for the A team.

Funniest part of all of this is that 2003 generation might be the most talented of all.
Just Partizan alone have some nice prospects:
Dragan Bojat (supposed to be the best RB prospect Serbia has had since the split up of Yugo).
Nikola Stankovic is supposed to be another big midfield maestro. Poached away from Zvezda.
Luka Cveticanin might be one of the biggest talents in Europe at this age. Incredible speed and technique. Think Lazar Markovic or Nemanja Radonjic but with two good feet and excellent technique/crossing ability/set pieces. I'm very excited about this kid.
Stefan Obradovic is an excellent CB prospect. Next big one after Markovic and Pavlovic at Partizan. Already training with the first team.
Lazar Micic is one of my favorites from this generation. He's been scouted by quite a few big clubs. Chelsea, Bayern and Barca have tried at different stages in his career. He's next on the rotation after Filip Stevanovic.
Boris Krstic was also poached from Zvezda. This kid is ridiculously talented. Looks like Ibrahimovic out there. He makes it look very easy. Scored 6 goals in a single game last season for the youth team. Extremely exciting prospect.
Ognjen Ajdar is another interesting prospect.
Zvezda has some exciting prospects as well and this 03 generation of Zvezda actually plays better team football than Partizan's 03, believe it or not.
Vukasin Krstic is also another excellent CB prospect after Obradovic.
Copic is also another big GK talent from Zvezda. Maybe the best since Rajkovic.

2002/2003 gen have a chance to qualify us for the U20 World Cup in 2021. It would be very strange if we didn't qualify. Filip Filip Stankovic, Uros Blagojevic, Filip Stevanovic, Eleven, Ergelas, Babic, Colic, Lazar Samradzic and Uros Knezevic from 02 are massive talents.

4 big GK talents alone in these two generations: Stankovic, Slavkovic, Copic and Gocmanac. Pretty insane.

We also have the uber talented Aleksandar Isilovic that just joined Benfica.

Those two generations are stacked. Will be nice to see what they can do. Hopefully the FA doesn't ruin them like our talented 00/01 gen that should have achieved much more if they didn't leave off 10 key players from the roster.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Before the U21 tournament starts, I want to highlight how good our 2003 gen is. They won the UEFA U16 development mini tourney by beating Spain, Ecuador and Slovakia! I believe we beat Spain on penalties but completely dominated the match from the start. I think we also beat Ecuador something like 5-1. Ridiculously strong generation. We just won a mini balkan tourney as well by winning every match and destroying Montenegro with 4 goals in the last match. Really hard to pick out a standout player in this generation because there are so many good ones but Bacanin and Cveticanin deserve a strong mention but Boris Krstic might end up being the best of them all. When I watched the U17's play this year, you could easily see Cveticanin was the best player on the pitch, despite being a year younger than everyone. He reminds a lot of C. Ronaldo. His speed is incredible. Even the French were having a hard time defending him. Special talent.
Also, this is the best gen Zvezda has produced since the war. We'll see how they turn out individually but as a team, wow. They are unstoppable.

00/01/02/03 is going to be another golden generation they'll integrate nicely with guys like Jovic, Milenkovic, SMS, Grujic, Zivkovic, Maksimovic and so on. Really think we can do some damage on the senior level in the next 10 years.
Might produce another youth champion as well like the U20 boys.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Our squad for the U21 Championship:

Golmani: Boris Radunović (Kremoneze/Atalanta), Dragan Rosić (Mladost), Miloš Ostojić (Spartak)

Odbrambeni fudbaleri: Miroslav Bogosavac (Čukarički), Aleksa Terzić (Crvena zvezda), Milan Gajić (Crvena zvezda),Vukašin Jovanović (Bordo), Srđan Babić (Crvena zvezda), Nikola Milenković (Fjorentina), Svetozar Marković (Partizan)

Vezni red: Uroš Račić (Valensija), Erhan Mašović (Trenčin/Klub Briž), Danilo Pantić (Partizan), Saša Lukić (Torino), Luka Adžić (Anderleht), Nemanja Radonjić (Olimpik Marselj), Lazar Ranđelović (Radnički Niš/Olimpijakos), Andrija Živković (Benfika), Igor Zlatanović (Radnik), Aleksandar Lutovac (Rad)

Napadači: Luka Jović (Ajntraht), Ivan Šaponjić (Benfika), Dejan Joveljić (Crvena zvezda)

We look strong but there are some strange decisions that are hard to explain.

- How can Vasiljevic be good enough for the senior team but not take one of the GK-spots here?
- Terzic over Vucic as LB-backup is a strange choice given the lack of playing time in CZ for Terzic.
- Stevanovic at RB-backup is injured but Milenkovic can play there if Gajic gets injured or suspended.
- Grujic's absence is the biggest disappointment. Why do Djorovic have to lie and say there is no problem with the player? With Grujic in the team we would have been complete - now we are little thin at the CM-positions. This is so typical Serbia, we give up so easy on important players.
- Adzic over Luka Ilic is a bit strange too.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Terzic has been playing for Graficar this second part of the season. Obviously much lower standard but at least he’ll have respectable fitness...not that he’s likely to play.

Grujic is the disappointing one really. Clearly an FSS directive to punish him or he decided to reject the call up because of them dragging his name through the mud.

Overall a strong squad. Would expect something like this:

Radunović, Gajić, Milenković, Jovanović, Bogosavac, Račić, Lukić, Pantić, Živković, Radonjić, Jović

Lots of first team experience there, most of them know each other pretty well. A good amount of balance and so looking forward to see how we do.

On paper it should be our best performance since 2007.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
“Znaju svi novinari koji me poznaju da nikada ne komentarišem igrače koji nisu na spisku. Ogromno poštovanje imam prema Grujiću, ali i prema svim drugim igračima koji su u jednom trenutku bili na spisku, a sada nisu tu. Nije Marko jedini. Oni su svi budućnost srpskog fudbala i svima želim sve najbolje. Žao mi je, kroz ove kvalifikacije prošlo je 40 igrača i najveći problem mi je bio da izaberem 23. Da sam mogao da povedem sve – sve bih ih poveo, jer su odnosom i igrama zaslužili. Na kraju smo odabrali one za koje smatramo da su najpotrebniji, a da li smo napravili dobar izbor ili ne pokazaće sam turnir“, odgovara selektor.

What kind of answer is this? Isn't he good enough for the U21-squad? He played at the senior team when he was benched at his club but now after a great season he is not good enough for our youth team?

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/liverpool-s-marko-grujic-by-far-the-best-midfielder-hertha-berlin-dardai-518902.jsp

12961 - 12980 of 13006 Posts