Xtratime Community banner

Youth league: Maccabi Tel Aviv champions again

433 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Hrevivo 
#1 ·
Maccabi TA have sealed the youth league championship title after a 2:0 win over SC Ashdod in the 30th and final round of the league. Maccabi Haifa have finished second after a 4:2 win away to Neve Yosef, who

At the bottom of the table, 3rd place Hapoel Haifa have beaten Maccabi Netanya 4:2 and assisted Beitar Jerusalem to avoid relegation, thanks to our 3:1 win over Hapoel Tel Aviv which means that Netanya is the one that relegates. Yerushalayim Lo Tered! :)

#3 ·
I'm not quite sure about the different youth teams, but I do know that all teams have the bigger names there.

Reuven Oved from Maccabi right now is probably the most marked player that is coming out of the youth, he was already in trials in Fenerbahce, however since he did it without Maccabi's permit nothing came out.

#7 ·
He is right. our youth team sucked this year. i guess that it had somthing to do with the fact that the last three years we're just letting our talented home made players go and buy the stars of other teams instead. Teomim and Orensteyn decided that this is the way for success,and they are ignoring the fact that our youngsters just can't cut it as a team since they started buying instead of producing players for our youth team.
I honestly hope that next year we will stop this method and go back to the sources-producing our own players.
P.S
Also,it might help if next year insted of appointing a coach for the youth team based on his father identity (Adi Zeltser-son of Zeev Zeltser 3 years ago,Tomer Kashtan-son of dror kashtan the last two years) we will appoint one that has experience,or at least a past player(Shalom Tikva?)that deserves to be a part of the club.

#8 ·
I agree with Adam here, we should do what we did in 2000 and let our youth players be a major part of our senior team.
I also think that Shalom Tikva can be a great coach for the youth team, hopefully it will happen (though I don't really see it coming).

#9 ·
I know this is out of the question, but a couple of things here;

Who today coaches Israel U-21, U-19 and U-16 youth teams?? :) who in Israel has the most amount of players from 1 club playing at a NT?? Do we have any players that play outside, like Benyaoun once did in Ajax? :)

#10 ·
Moshe Sinai coaches the U-21, Zeev Zeltzer is a "super coach" for the lower age teams, in addition to a coach for each team (I think Avraham Bachar is U-18, but I'm not sure).

As for players from clubs, I know that overall Maccabi Tel Aviv has the most players, but I don't have exact numbers (they also change pretty often as people grow old and go over the age limit).

#11 ·
I just want to know if there is a possible coach whom is suitable for a youth team. Eventually it would be nice if a NT of lets say, U-16 would have there coach and be successful until 21 and onto seniors, even with him! :) that would be quite and experiment!

Is there any possible coaches in the Youth NT that has done success for Israel???

Who was the coach that had our youth team play in Israel's first 'major' tournament; the U-16 World Cup i think...in 2000 where portugal (those cheaters!! Won)??? :)

About the clubs.....do these youth teams go to places in europe and abroad and compete in there-age group tournaments, cause last year around april or may, there was a tournament in Dallas and it has alot of teams from Mexico and CUBa and places in the western hemisphere, competing! :D

#12 ·
Kappa the first major tournament that I know of was in 95 or 96 and it was the U-16 European Championship and we finished high up there (I think 3rd or 5th), we've had a team which introduced Yossi Benayun and baically the result was him going to Ajax. I don't know who was the coach but I am thinking that it was Nissim Bachar.

There are no Champions' League or similar tournaments for youth level. The tournament in Dallas as far as I know is a yearly thing and I've been told that Ajax with Benayun participated there once. But those tournaments are just invitational tournaments and have no true meaning as for a European champion, etc.

#13 ·
Im not talking about the UEFA cup tournaments...

I just remember that in 2000 there was the U-16 World Cup and it was held in Israel. It was sometime around May or April of 2000.....

Israel participated since they were the ones who hosted it. And there was Greece, Hungary, Germany, England and all sorts of other teams in Israel. I just remember of a tournament like that cause i read it in the FIFA web page! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.