Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was your worst performance on the football field.

Mine involved throwing up in the first half, and slicing the ball over my keepers head, into the back of the net, in the second.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
What was your worst performance on the football field.

Mine involved throwing up in the first half, and slicing the ball over my keepers head, into the back of the net, in the second.
you da man!

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL:D

I knew nobody would answer properly. Everyone in here thinks they play as well as Zidane or Figo:D

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Fred; man that must have been an enjoyable experience :D

My worst performance in general was on my debut for a Greek side here in London. They offered me the number 13 shirt and asked if that was ok. I said, "yeah, of course, I'm not superstitious"...

Jees, I am now. I played absolute sh1te!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I don't wanna say this but I will. My worst ever game was and 8-0 score line thrasing...:depress: Our defence fell apart, I didn't play ****, we, we, just lost the plot and fell apart. We still finished 2nd in the comp though.:D

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
This was arguably the greatest goal ive ever seen, I was in the our defending thrid, and well, I was defending off a corner, and The ball bounced right in front of me, so i went for a really high clearance, and it kinda took a wrong hit,a nd was ojn the abseline an it was a scarmble and it ended in the net. Thts how perfect i am ;)

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
I knew nobody would answer properly. Everyone in here thinks they play as well as Zidane or Figo:D
Nope ... I play as well as Rivaldo. :rolleyes: ;) :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
My worse game has to be one that lasted about 10 minutes (for me). At about 7' I did a really stupid penalty by accidently elbowing a guy jumping for a header (I swear it was accidental! why noone believes me?!?!?) and when the ref gave the penalty I went mental. The ref first gave me a yellow card for the protests and the penalty was hit and scored but I kept b*tching and whining and shouting to him while the game was played. He had 2 minutes of it before I get my red card. :D

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
My worst game was last year. It was muddy and raining (an excuse:D). I missed a tackle on an opponent striker and BANG! 0-1 from a corner. Then :eek: I misjudged a pass to my goalkeeper, an attacker ran and BANG! 0-2.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Hey, this thread is like made for me :D

Since I played in a pretty crappy team, and since I'm a pretty crappy keeper...you can imagine :rolleyes:
I'll tell ya some highlights :rolleyes: from my so called career :howler:

Shortest game: I had a knee injury about 2 years ago. And finally the autumn of 2001 I made a comeback. 2 minutes into the game, corner for the opponents, I got the corner, but of course some moron had to tackle me from the side, I landed on the knee, and that day I decided that football wasn't my thing, atleast not for my knees :D

to be continued...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Worst game

This is easy. 32 years ago I was center-mid on my university team. Showed up just in time for the start of the 11:00 a.m. match. Was late because I had spent the extra time in bed with my girlfriend (now wife.) 10 minute into the game against a team we should easily have beaten, I get a handball in the box! I swear I never saw the ball coming, but my protests made no difference. My attitude and game deteriorated from that point. Every choice made was wrong in that game. I passed to the opposing players instead of space. Miskicked easy balls. Shot over the goal, the whole deal. Heck, I didn't even feel like fighting! The worst game ever!

Anyway, it took years to overcome my aversion to morning sex!

Oldplayer

·
Registered
737 Posts
I once hit the bar from the goal line:eekani:

Yes the ball was on the line and I slid in to get the tap in but got underneath the ball and it hit the bar and went back into play.:eek:

Luckily for me my teammate(now wife............joke:D) scored:rollani:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Hmmm, It's got to be that horrible 0-0 game on the first game of this season. It was a game i was looking forward to because we were playing our rivals, Hammocks. We had so many students from the school watching us play, and i was quite dissapointing. I am the star striker of the team might i add. ;)

Well, I had like 7878978 chances to score a darn goal but for some reason no matter how close i got i couldn't get the ball trough, have you guys ever had games like these? I mean, i dribbled past their whole team but i just couldn't finish off the last man which is their goalkeeper, in my defense i must add that their goalkeeper made the end of the year allstar team. :D

But back to the topic, i missed a penalty, i missed an open net hitting the post, and when i finnally dribbled past the goalkeeper and had not a good balance the defender stole it away from me, just a nightmare!

Btw, i also got into a fight and got a red card.. i was so frustrated! :(

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Ok Ok, but in other words i got past trough their defense so easily. :)

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
well i never really had any real stinkers before i had a serious injury but since i came back from the injury a couple of years ago i could hardly kick the ball straight or do what i wanted with it....which just makes it all the more frustrating, cos you know what you want to do but cant so you try too hard and end up making even worse mistakes :(

like hit the referee in the face with a wildly sliced volley causing him to bite his whistle and break 2 front teeth :D

·
Registered
15,677 Posts
My worst game was when I was 10, and we played the best team in the league. I was feeling ill, but still played.
Everything I did was useless. I made very few passes, some terrible clearances, and had to play in centre defense, when I used to play as a right winger. I was exhausted at the end, and I cant believe I didnt get subbed off. After that game, I was off school for over a week coz I was so ill.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts