Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what u thought of him. I know he has been a bit of a flop overall but I think he is an amazing talent, top 10 young players in Euopre easily. Barca should be more patient with him cos he has all the ability in the world.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,631 Posts
In these games what I have seen he has been inefficient.He has a lot of talent, but he doesn't know how to use it.But this might change in time.I think he has the potential to become one of the best wingers in the world.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
If I were Laporta I would send this
kid somewhere else on loan
let him play 90 minutes on a mid table team
on the weekly basis to see what he s made of.
He thinks everytime he s on the pitch on the Camp Nou
he needs to shine and outdribble the whole oponent team
he need to mature and relax a bit.

The Portuguese players tend to hold to the ball (Quaresma, Ronaldo and Figo) too much. He needs to change his style if he wants to have any impact in Barcelona.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
well, i did pay atention to barca during the usa tour last summer.
he is really bright.
now we know his direct competitor is luis garcia.
their style is almost the same.
but as i know he is not good at centraling and shooting that barca need most.
you would therefore prefer luis garcia to quaresma.

maybe he should prove himself in another mid team.
by the way, do you think now quaresma and c.ronaldo face the same difficulty?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Loads of talent, but a loan deal wouldn't hurt. He should definately work more on his crossing and shooting because he is definately not Primera Liga material in these dept's yet.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Back in summer, I heard alot but haven't seen what said on him, he is not going to be the next Figo for Barca, also I consider Simao a better player than him.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I have doubts about this guy. I had heard a lot about him, but he didn't impress me much until now. He has good things, he's fast and he dribbles the defense with an unusual talent, but he has to improve some aspects like the shoots on goal and the crosses form the wing side. M%rent attI think he can be a good player for us. He shown a different attitude last Sunday, against Albacete. That day I've seen him really active, a total danger from everywhere he came. The left wing and the right wing. Perhaps he needs more minutes. After last match, I think he could have another chance against Osasuna.

He has still a lot to prove.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
the guy has class...just needs to put it to use.... wish to see him at Barca for a long long time...

·
Registered
98 Posts
a twin brother of c.ronaldo in term of ability :confused:
great dribbling, but too much unnecessary tricks and very bad final touches (crossing, shooting)...

if quaresma can improve his crosses and learn how to play as a team, not to hog too much, he can be someting one day

at the moment, not impressive at all :eek:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
He could be an useful player for the future, he's still young and he can improve. He could play on loan in a smaller team imo, but for the moment I don't see him as a Barça player.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The first time I saw Quaresma was in the USA tour. At that time, I saw him scored a goal. Great goal. But, after that, he is not that good. And I think C. Ronaldo is better than him, in terms of crossing and passing the ball.

Thank you.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
I think Cristiano is slightly better as well.He's also luckier for working with a better coach who loves working with kids like him.

I wouldn't have any problem loaning him,neither keeping him for squad depth reasons but if he wants to be in a top club's first eleven he has to improve immensely.Its gonna be difficult,you can improve your crosses and passes and shooting and so on but if you ain't smart as a player you ain't gonna get,it's like talent

·
Registered
417 Posts
He is great talent with great future. He love dribbling and often he dribbles too much... I like him very much, not because he might be 'secong Figo' but because of his style of play. He isnt scared and attack, dribble... He is making huge mess on the pitch, and in game against Albacete he was great. Rijkaard should gave a chcance, cause he need it. He must play!

I dont think he is worse than Cristiano... Maybe his shoots are more danger than Quaresma but he is not convuncing me...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Seeing more (unfortunately) of C.Ronaldo play than Quaresma I can see where this is coming from.

When Ronaldo does 1 stepover he gains the extra yard and crosses it in which is all he needs to do. However, too many times he'll try to do about 4 stepovers and then ends up either falling over or messing up the cross.

The ethos of a winger is simple, gain half a yard and put the ball into the danger area. You don't need to beat the man, beat him again etc etc.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Give the guy time, you have a great talent at your club and in the future he will repay that by giving world class performances everyweek

·
Registered
518 Posts
No he's not better.Just be patient and wait,and you'll se what Quaresma can.
He is able to do so much,but in this moment,i think that he doesn't know how to use his talent.
He'll be good,very good player!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts