Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im sry if the topic is lame and if there was a similiar topic like this one but i want to see what u guys think:)
So this is the ranking based on your personal feelings...it doesnt have to be real...just who do you like:)
Well since im only 17 my list will be made mostly out of newer players since i dont know much about older times:)
1.Del Piero
I think i dont have to say much about him,legend of Juve and my favorite player.
2.Totti
I just love him,he is my favorite badguy in football.I love his loyality,he stayed with Roma in hard times,and always played with a lot of passion and emotion,leading AS Roma.
3.Maradona
Well i never actually watched him in a game since i was too young,but i saw a lot of clips from him and he was one of the best.
4.Ronaldo
He is not doing good in Real this year but noone can deny that he is(was) on of the best strikers.He still is scoring goals and if he can lose some weight he will be world class again.
5.Ronaldihno
I also want waste many words on him...its Ronaldinho! :) Im not a huge barca fan but because of him i always like to watch games of FC Barcelona.
6.Raul
I always liked guys that are loyal to a club.I dont know what to say about
Raul...he is(was) on of the best strikers in the world,woned many trophies and one of my favorite players:)
7.Milan Baros
I becomed a fan of Baros at the last Euro.I really was impressed with his speed and driblings...i just like him:)
8.Cannavaro
On of the best defenders for me...also plays with a lot of passion and will do anything for the team.
9.Maldini
Well he is a legend,nothing more to add.A player that deservers respect.
10.Rooney
Well i didnt know who to put here...i was also thinking of Nedved,Gerrard,Ballack,Batistuta,Cassano,Giggs but i decided for Rooney.
His speed,power and smartfootball play always amazes me and the amount of work he does on the pitch.

Well thats my Top10...and im saying again i know that it isnt an realistic order,its just my feelings and oppinion.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
no order

Michael Owen- been my fav. player, even after he left Liverpool.
Robbie Fowler- Liverpool legend.
Xabi Alonso- el maestro :proud:
Jamie Carragher- what can I say LEGEND :star:
Rafa Marquez- class
Raul- only player I like from Madrid
Oliver Bierhoff- don't know why I always liked him since his Milan days.
Rafael van der Vaart- awesome player
Fernando Cavenaghi- one of the best finishers I've seen
Alberto Gilardino- great goal scorer.

a few recent players, Bierhoff been the only one retire already.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
No particular order

Zidane
Maldini
Cruyff
Beckenbauer
Henry
Bergkamp
Thuram
Schmeichel
Ronaldinho

Can't think of any more at the moment...

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Gullit
Rijkaard
Riquelme
Basturk
Henry
Zidane
Redondo
Maradona
Koeman
Ronaldo

Only dudes who ever made me scream; Hijo de puta at my TV. In a good way.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
In no order:

only from stars I have actually seen them play live on tv, which means only 80s' onwards are available...

Marco Van Basten
Romario
Babeto
Franco Baresi
Paolo Maldini
Demetrio Albertini
George Weah
Schmeichel
Eric Cantona
Andrii Shevchenko

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
No order, and purely Arsenal players here:

Henry
Fabregas
Toure
Pires
Bergkamp
Adams
Overmars
Wright
Vieira
Limpar

Qu
Rech
Costanzo
Valkanis
Dodd

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
My favorite players of all time...

1. Dennis Bergkamp :star: - One of European football maestro ever lived and the third Holland legend after Johan Cruyff and Marco van Basten. One of the best support striker ever with beautiful goals and deadly passes which very few people can do. A classy player on and off the pitch and respected by his club mates, rivals and fans. He is my favorite player ever and he'll be even when he retires the end of this season...

2. Alessandro Nesta - A player that I consider as complete defender. Great in clean tackle, tremendous speed like a striker in form of centre-back, intelligent and very smart in defending trick. You want to be a good defender, learn it from Nesta.

3. Marco van Basten - The greatest striker in the world IMO. A complete set of strength, speed and technique. The guy can score almost from any position like 'god of striker'.

4. Thierry Henry - A player whose playing style similar to Johan Cruyff with flair and like to drift widely. One of the best forward player nowadays. Fast, great shooting technique and accuracy, decent passes and has genius footballer brain.

5. Andriy Shevchenko - The most deadly striker today. Very aggresive, strong and brave. Great header and excellent penetration ability. He reminds me to Van Basten.

6. Pablo Aimar - My favorite Argentinian player and a player who I find very similar to Bergkamp. Great playmaker with vision and accurate passes. Also a very modest player. Always dream to have him in Arsenal. :heart:

7. Robert Pires - Probably the only winger who can match the ability of Luis Figo in the last five years. Very elegant winger with great shooting accuracy and dribbling skill. Good understanding with Henry. Very tricky and in his best days he can trick so many opponents to his scheme. Too bad he isn't lucky with French NT.

8. Francesc Fabregas - He's the newest addition to my favorite player list. The Spanish new prodigy. Was formerly Vieira's apprentice though both of them has different style of play (IMO he is more like Bergkamp as he plays more with vision). Has many skill with ball, good long pass accuracy and superb ball control. Very intelligent player for an 18-years old kid. :thumbsup:

9. Rivaldo - My favorite Brazillian player. Very deadly forward player who can strike both short and long range accurately. Perfect dribbling skill and goalscoring sense. Also a good playmaker, but I think of him more as striker. His hattrick against Valencia is the best hattrick ever. :star:

10. Ronaldinho - What can I say...best playmaker in the world.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
No order

George Weah
Franco Baresi
Paolo Maldini
Andriy Shevchenko
Marco Van Basten
Roberto Baggio
Maradona
Romario
Lorik Cana :) :star:
Zambrota

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
No order;

Redondo
Raúl
Ronaldo
Roberto Carlos
Marco Van Basten
Dennis Bergkamp
Romario
Zidane
Puskás
Alfredo Di Stéfano

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
1. R. Baggio- My favorite player ever. That goal in Italia 90 against Czechoslovakia is a goal that i'll remember forever, he was brilliant in USA 94 also and the way he carried small teams like Bologna and Brescia on his shoulders is something that im not sure that any footballer today is capable of.

2. Raul- Ever since he scored his first professional goal with that screamer against Atletico i knew that this guy was going to be something special and was i right or what. He gave the Merengues so much to cheer about not just with goals and goals but with his heart :proud: His footballing idol is Baggio also :star:

3. Ronaldinho- Freaking genious, thats all that can be said about him. I spend alot of nights just googling some of his moves before i go to sleep :D

4. Hierro- Ever since i was a kid i thought this guy was the man ! His passes were always picture pefect and was a solid, solid defender in his heyday. I always felt so confident when i saw his name on the roster before the game :proud: Its just a shame that after so many years of him being with us, we treated him like trash :depress:

5. Maldini- Elegance at its best and makes it look so unbelievably easy too. I remember always watching Milan and Italy play and counting how many mistakes or misplaced passes he would make and i swear, sometimes they were 0 :eek:

6. JC Valeron- Madly skilled and is one of the most humble guys ever. On his day he is just deadly, i just wish he showed more passion in the game though.

7. Morientes- Been a massive fan of him ever since he was with Zaragoza. That Raul-Morientes combo carried Madrid for so long :proud:

8. Rooney- He's simply unbelievable, the sheer power and heart this kid has is just insane. I admire his game alot.

9. Totti- I totally forgot about him and hes really higher in my list but im too lazy to go back and change it :D To me, hes the most complete attacking midfielder today. Can tear up the meanest of defences with one pass and has a cannon of a right foot.

10. Poborsky- I know his club career is not that impressive, actually its horrible but in Euro 96 he was just brilliant and i followed him ever since.

Others: Del Piero, Crespo, Vicente, Albelda, Cannavaro, Gudjonsen

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
1 Eric cantona : just a legend , a character and magic the player that got me so into football.

2 Ronaldinho : how some one so ugly can be so beautiful , plays for fun tries everything and a reminder of how football should be

3 Ryan Giggs : The best wide midfielder of his generation a united legend , his speed balance and grace , the mazzy runs .Criminaly Underated ,in my opinion maybe because hes from wales rather than spain etc , if figo won world player of the year ....

4 Ronaldo : the goals , skill and speed would still be the best striker if he wanted to be , not same player anymore but so talented

5 Rooney : The power the speed , the will to win , and most importantly his workrate if he loses the ball you know he will runn back and try to make up for it , he runs the united and england team and will only get better

yes im aware thats only 5 , will do rest later

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Rivaldo, Mantorras, Eusebio, Simão, Ronaldinho, Luis Enrique, Kiko, Deco, Xavi and De La PeÑa are the first 10 names that come to my mind so probably it's those but then again there's far more players I admire i.e. Hierro, Garrincha, José Águas, Maradona, Riquelme, Kluivert, Zamorano, Coluna, Quim and so many more...

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I don't get why so many people are naming great players. I feel more of a connection to mediocre players who became terrace idols, which is why my number 1 is:

1. Shaun Goater - This guy started off shockingly for City, and couldn't score for toffee. Coupled with an awful first, second and third touch. However in Division 2 he evolved into a goalscoring machine. I was there though when he managed to entrench himself into our hearts against Fulham when he scored his first hat-trick including an overhead kick to complete it. This from a player who still couldn't trap a bag of sand. He worked hard, and the fans appreciated that. More importantly we could always call on him. When promoted to the Premiership in 2000, he was replaced in the starting XI by George Weah and Paulo Wanchope. However with Weah losing form, the Goat forced his way back into the reckoning and Weah left. He finished our top scorer (but on a miserley six, as we were relegated). The following season he scored 32 goals in an excellent swashbuckling season in which we scored 124 goals, and he had scored about 25 of them by Christmas. The following Season we bought Nicolas Anelka, and once again Goater was expected to be dropped. Not so. This time Darren Huckerby (24 goals the season before) was benched, with a Goat/Anelka partnership working beautifully. He scored his 100th and 101st goals of his City career (in his 204th game) in the Manchester Derby against United, after Gary Neville's howler set him up (hence Gary Neville Fed the goat). By the end of the season he was to leave as Robbie Fowler became Anelka's partner. He finished on 7 goals for the season, and captained the last City side to play at Maine Road. A terrace idol, and was famous for having "Shaun Goater Day" in Bermuda, and the "Feed the Goat and he will score" chant.

And for those reasons I plan to go to Southend United vs. Bristol City on May 6th to see The Goat's last match of his career as he retires, along with at least 300 City fans.

2. Georgi Kinkladze - This guy is the most talented player I've ever seen in a Blue Shirt, ahead of players like Weah, Anelka, Fowler, Benarbia and Kanchelskis. He scored the best goal I've ever seen vs. Southampton, when he took on 4 players from the halfway line and chipped Dave Beasant. Indeed it was special, but when I can recall another 5 occasions when he did it, that begins to describe how great he was. He took on more against Boro, running through the defence twice before scoring, but we lost 4-1. He practically sacrificed his career for City by turning down overtures from the likes of AC Milan, Liverpool and Real Madrid in 1996 to stay at City for two more years as we battled in the English first division unsuccessfully. Eventually he was forced out of the club by Joe Royle potato head, for £5m to Ajax, a sensational amount for a player for a side relegated to the Second Division, but still was about half what we could have got if we'd played hardball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg57cOivaQc&search=kinkladze Heres the goal, sorry its bitty.

3. Nicky Weaver
4. Uwe Rosler
5. Richard Dunne
6. Ali Benarbia
7. Maurizio Gaudino
8. Paul Walsh
9. Danny Tiatto
10. Joey Barton (relegated here after that contract fiasco)

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
1st - Eric Cantona
2nd - Gabriel Heinze
3rd - Wayne Rooney
4th - Michael Ballack
5th - Gennaro Gattuso
6th - Xavi
7th - Romario
8th - Paolo Maldini
9th - Denis Irwin
10th - Roberto Baggio

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Eric Cantona
Ryan Giggs
Alessandro Del Piero
Zinedine Zidane
Ronaldo (R9)
Peter Schmeichel
Roberto Baggio
Wayne Rooney
Javier Zanetti
Maradona/Shevchenko/Maldini (can't decide here)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts