select 5

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#5 Rick Adelman

He is the current coaching wins leader with no george karl in the league.More then 1,000 win. If wolves stay healthy unlike last year, they could get a playoff spot altho right now they are out of playoffs.

#4 Frank Vogel

Why 4th? Last year mistake in not putting hibbert in at end of game 1 sitll in my head. But he is one of the top coaches right now in NBA, known for his defensive toughness.

# 3 Rick Carlisle

One of the more experienced coaches in nba.After adelman, rivers, popovich ... He ranks second with spoelstra in longest tenured coach in league right now after popovich

#2 Gregg Popovich

Simply said this team had no fewer then 50 wins in a season since 1998 - 1999. We been saying many many years they are old, and they keep comin back and never go away.Its thanks to pop.

#1 Erik Spoelstra

3 finals last 3 years, along with 2 championships.That alone puts him as the best coach in the league right now.He came up with small ball , and he proved he can without a real center with his great coaching vision.

Missed the list Thibodeau, brad stevens, Mark Jackson, Scott brooks, Terry Stotts , D'antoni & Rivers..

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
Pop
Carlisle
Thibbodeau
Spoelstra
Vogel

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Erik Spoelstra is not the best coach in the NBA.

That would be Gregg Popovich.

Spoelstra's sucess is directly associated with two figures LeBron James (best basketball player in the NBA) and Pat Riley (excellent former coach).

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Erik Spoelstra is not the best coach in the NBA.

That would be Gregg Popovich.

Spoelstra's sucess is directly associated with two figures LeBron James (best basketball player in the NBA) and Pat Riley (excellent former coach).

I think at end of day people judge on titles, and erik spoelstra will end up a hall of fame coach as well. Last 3 years no one did better results then him.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
If we're going by titles he'll have to be 2nd after Pop with 4.
Pop is with one foot in the frikken grave, Spo just began !!!! Time will prove us Spo's Fans right ! :cap:

·
Registered
437 Posts
borut, no vote for erik spoelstra?
3 finals 3 years in a row, with 2 championships.What can he do more?
He has done a great job for sure. It's not an easy job with all the expectation, but let's see if he can prove himself in different situations.

I love Brad Stevens, the results of his good work are already visible. I would also like to see some European coaches in the NBA, especially Željko Obradović. The Spurs for example play basketball in a very European way, so I' m sure some coaches from Europe could be very successful in the NBA.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
I only voted one: Pop. Legend.
In your derranged dreams !!! what a BASKET case you are FM of NOTHING !!!!

Legend of futility maybe !!!

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
I think at end of day people judge on titles, and erik spoelstra will end up a hall of fame coach as well. Last 3 years no one did better results then him.
only idiots judge only based on number of titles won though, and that's true for many sports and players and coaches

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Popovich, Thibodeau and Vogel have done impressive work with their teams...Adelman I voted for his career even though he hasn't improved Wolves that much.

No point hyping Spoelstra, a trained monkey could win titles with LeBron, Wade and Bosh.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Popovich, Thibodeau and Vogel have done impressive work with their teams...Adelman I voted for his career even though he hasn't improved Wolves that much.

No point hyping Spoelstra, a trained monkey could win titles with LeBron, Wade and Bosh.
Spo has no center, which is vital to win titles IMO. Most important position in the game, at least defensively.

Wade is finished and done, he plays on one leg. this year he is on pace for less then 60 game schedule.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
- Pop
- Carlisle
- Rivers
- Thiebadeu
- Brooks

My choices

·
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
1,312 Posts
Pop is easily number one followed by Thiebadeu. After that I have Rivers and Adelman.

My fifth pick is Brad Stevens, though its more on how well I think he'll be in a few years than right now. Though the job he is doing with Boston is damn impressive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts