Ilie Balaci ❤
10,905 Posts
1. Ronaldinho
2. Messi
3. Riquelme
4. Cruyff
5. Hagi

Pèle and Maradona are too mainstream :cool:

Just kidding, I respect them both big time but this is my personal one. Iniesta Zidane and Maldini were close too. Difficult to include defenders in such a list though.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Three ****ing Romanians answered first :lol: :proud:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,885 Posts
Only guys who I saw play

1. Messi
2. CRonaldo
3. Ronaldo
4. Ronaldinho
5. Zidane

·
Registered
13,463 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'll list the best players that were my favourites.

Zico
Juan Roman Riquelme
Steven Gerrard
Dejan Savicevic
Jay Jay Okocha

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,905 Posts

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
I'm giving two lists and I'll explain why at the end.

1. CR7
2. Maradona
3. Messi
4. Zidane
5. R. Baggio

1. Puskás
2. Czibor
3. Best
4. Cryuff
5. Kubala

OK, I did two lists because in the last 20/30 years football has changed so much with fitness and sport science. It's hard to judge players around the 60s against more modern as they didn't have the fitness to play today. Who knows if they could have adapted to a modern day lifestyle and training. Not saying they could or they can't.

2nd list is based on ability and the time period. I wouldn't put any of them in an all time list. Just look at the 1960 European Cup Final. The space the players had was ridiculous. Looks like a training session. But who's to say they couldn't adapt? That's why the two lists.

The reason I picked CR7 ahead of Messi is because he's done it in every league and NT. CR7 is about to get the record of top international goal scorer. Maradona won the world cup in 86 and it was the closest I've seen to a one man team. Messi lacks a lot on the international stage and has gone messing in high profile games for Barca. Against Chelsea when he missed the pen and avoided getting the ball springs to mind. CR7 and Diego don't do that. If they're playing bad or out of form they still want the ball and go again however many times is required. I fully recognize all 3 as the greatest players of all time and I've had to split hairs to seperate CR7 and Messi. Maradona was easily 3rd as he threw a lot of his career away.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
1. O Rei Pele
2. El Pelusa Maradona
3. Il Fenomeno Ronaldo
4. La Pulga Messi
5. El Bicho Cristiano Ronaldo

1 - 20 of 37 Posts