Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well basically, got this idea from the short discussion in the other thread, thought id pose the question of, your top three Inter matches. Mind you, you would have had to have seen the matches in order to judge, so none of this 1965 Champions Cup final stuff.

Well my top three, in this order would have to be:

1. Inter vs Sampdoria - 2004/05 Score: 3-2

Inter go down 1-0 in the first half, and with only 6 minutes to go of regular time, Sampdoria double their lead, which looks to be almost unsurmountable. In the 88th minute Oba Martins pulls a goal back with an awesome finish in the box with the outside of his left foot, and suddenly there was a glimmer of hope for the Nerazzurri to salvage something from the match. 1 minute into injury time, an acrobatic cross from Martins finds Bobo Vieri in the box who finishes to make even the scores, and what seemed like a minor miracle. But Mancio's men werent done yet, and managed to press the Samp defence again with a cleared cross which found Recoba just outside the box, which he strikes beautifully to find the bottom left corner. 3-2 Inter and what a comeback.

2. Arsenal vs Inter - 2003/04 Score: 0-3

With the then Inter coach Hector Cuper, under enormous pressure to keep his job, his men came out against a star studded and almost invincible Arsenal side at Highbury. This Arsenal team, which was nicknamed the Invincibles and went 49 matches unbeaten in the Premier League, where huge favourites going into this match. Cuper's side came out of the blocks a hundred miles an hour and took an early lead through new Inter buy Julio Cruz with a delightful chip over Jens Lehmann after being put through on goal by Kily Gonzalez. Inter doubled their lead through another new signing Andy van der Meyde, with a thunderous volley from inside the area after another assist from Kily Gonzalez. If that didnt stun the Highbury crowd then a third goal definately assured it. Obafemi Martins recieves a ball from Emre just outside the box and manages to shrug off a couple of Arsenal defenders, and bury the ball past Lehmann. Inter go into the second half leading 3-0, with Inter goalkeeper Francesco Toldo also saving an in form Thierry Henry penalty.

3. Inter vs Milan 05/06 Score: 3-2

Inter were still searching for their first Milan Derby victory since 2002, and with an in form Adriano, they had every reason to be confident. Rightly so, Inter went ahead through a cooly dispatched Adriano penalty, after a Nesta handball. Later on in the half, AC Milan recieve a penalty of their own after another handball incident, Shevchenko converts the penalty to restore parity and the sides go into half time as they started the match. Inter take the lead in the second half through Oba Martins, after Dida manages to pary Adriano's free kick into the path of the Nigerian, restoring Inter's lead. With 7 or so minutes to go till the end of the match Inter, seemed confident of the victory after dominating most of the match - until Jaap Stam equalises with a header from a Pirlo free kick, and stunning the Inter faithful. In the final minutes of the match, we saw Inter try and grab a last gasp winner, and did so through a spectacular injury time header from Adriano, who managed to outjump the whole Rossonero defence to head home past a hapless Dida. 3-2 final score, and an incredible finish to a derby.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Nice thread Vlepnat

Good choices, although they are pretty much recent matches. I don't know if I rate the Arsenal game that high though, regardless if their invincibilty in the league they simply sucked ass in the CL (much like us right now) and we had pretty decent team to get a good results there, have to admit was shocked to see the 3-0 scoreline but the reason this win leaves such a bad taste in my mouth is for the simple fact of the return leg :( what good did this win achieve? nothing we didn't even bloody get out of the GS FFS

I'll have to think of my list nonetheless but an easy condenter is the Samp game :thumbsup:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Damn it Vlepant I can't beat your choices :D

However, I loved the Benfica game at San Siro in UEFA Cup, I loved the Inter 4-3 victory last year against Milan or was it 3-2?

And I loved the Inter-Valencia game at San Siro

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Ultimate Pressure (I-cant-****ing-Watch) Match
Parma - Inter (07-08)

[tub]fNJeBNULxXQ[/tub]​

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Sorry but I just have to bring up that Benfica game once more..that was just awesome

Awesome

It was probably the best I've seen Recoba play in an Inter shirt

He had a great cross to Vieri where he just blows the roof off the net...and then he had a great grass cutter...wow was that sweet

·
Registered
46,081 Posts
To name some more:

UEFA Cup Final 1998 anyone?

Recoba's debut against Brescia in 1997 was truly special.

I suppose some of you guys will name our 3-1 victory against Real in the 98/99 season...but that isn't up there with my favourites.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Was that the one where Baggio became God for ten minutes?

·
Registered
46,081 Posts
Was that the one where Baggio became God for ten minutes?
Yeah, spot on. It was a comparatively good game in a terrible season. We also had that crazy match where we beat Roma 5-4 at the Olimpico. :eek:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Awesome thread :thumbsup:

Inter V Samp - 2004/05 score:3:2

Inter V Real Madrid - CL 1998: 3:1 Baggio brace:proud:

Milan V Inter - 2006/07 score: 3:4

The game against RM was simply magical. Back then we had the most talented Inter side i've ever witnessed oozing with class players like Baggio, Simeone, Morriero, Zamorano, Ronaldo, Djorkaeff, Zanetti and a certain young Pirlo. :eek:

·
Registered
62,704 Posts
Well basically, got this idea from the short discussion in the other thread, thought id pose the question of, your top three Inter matches. Mind you, you would have had to have seen the matches in order to judge, so none of this 1965 Champions Cup final stuff.
:pp I watched it in full a while back! We deserved to win considering we had the better chances, even hit the post. Eusebio was nowhere to be seen that day.

vlepnat said:
1. Inter vs Sampdoria - 2004/05 Score: 3-2

Inter go down 1-0 in the first half, and with only 6 minutes to go of regular time, Sampdoria double their lead, which looks to be almost unsurmountable. In the 88th minute Oba Martins pulls a goal back with an awesome finish in the box with the outside of his left foot, and suddenly there was a glimmer of hope for the Nerazzurri to salvage something from the match. 1 minute into injury time, an acrobatic cross from Martins finds Bobo Vieri in the box who finishes to make even the scores, and what seemed like a minor miracle. But Mancio's men werent done yet, and managed to press the Samp defence again with a cleared cross which found Recoba just outside the box, which he strikes beautifully to find the bottom left corner. 3-2 Inter and what a comeback.
It was a pass...by Deki :stuckup: Well, more like a lay off actually. :neutral: :D

vlepnat said:
2. Arsenal vs Inter - 2003/04 Score: 0-3

With the then Inter coach Hector Cuper, under enormous pressure to keep his job, his men came out against a star studded and almost invincible Arsenal side at Highbury. This Arsenal team, which was nicknamed the Invincibles and went 49 matches unbeaten in the Premier League, where huge favourites going into this match. Cuper's side came out of the blocks a hundred miles an hour and took an early lead through new Inter buy Julio Cruz with a delightful chip over Jens Lehmann after being put through on goal by Kily Gonzalez. Inter doubled their lead through another new signing Andy van der Meyde, with a thunderous volley from inside the area after another assist from Kily Gonzalez. If that didnt stun the Highbury crowd then a third goal definately assured it. Obafemi Martins recieves a ball from Emre just outside the box and manages to shrug off a couple of Arsenal defenders, and bury the ball past Lehmann. Inter go into the second half leading 3-0, with Inter goalkeeper Francesco Toldo also saving an in form Thierry Henry penalty.
That finish was perfect. :thumbsup: Identical to Wim Jonk's goal in the UEFA Cup final 2nd leg against Salzburg in 94.

What I remember from that glorious night at Highbury is Martins giving Kolo Toure hell, and Cannavaro playing a good game for once.. Shame Kallon's effort hit the post, should have been 4-0.

vlepnat said:
3. Inter vs Milan 05/06 Score: 3-2

Inter were still searching for their first Milan Derby victory since 2002, and with an in form Adriano, they had every reason to be confident. Rightly so, Inter went ahead through a cooly dispatched Adriano penalty, after a Nesta handball. Later on in the half, AC Milan recieve a penalty of their own after another handball incident, Shevchenko converts the penalty to restore parity and the sides go into half time as they started the match. Inter take the lead in the second half through Oba Martins, after Dida manages to pary Adriano's free kick into the path of the Nigerian, restoring Inter's lead. With 7 or so minutes to go till the end of the match Inter, seemed confident of the victory after dominating most of the match - until Jaap Stam equalises with a header from a Pirlo free kick, and stunning the Inter faithful. In the final minutes of the match, we saw Inter try and grab a last gasp winner, and did so through a spectacular injury time header from Adriano, who managed to outjump the whole Rossonero defence to head home past a hapless Dida. 3-2 final score, and an incredible finish to a derby.
Cough *Vieri* Cough

:pp

However, I loved the Benfica game at San Siro in UEFA Cup, I loved the Inter 4-3 victory last year against Milan or was it 3-2?
You know, I didn't get the chance to watch that match. :( Only saw the 1st leg in Portugal where we got outclassed, badly might I add. Helveg :stress: How crap were we that season?

...4-3 dude. The Stankovic derby :proud: :stuckup:

G. Facchetti said:
And I loved the Inter-Valencia game at San Siro
I'm guessing you mean Mestalla? the 5-1 thumping?

To name some more:

UEFA Cup Final 1998 anyone?

Recoba's debut against Brescia in 1997 was truly special.

I suppose some of you guys will name our 3-1 victory against Real in the 98/99 season...but that isn't up there with my favourites.
Any chance there's a torrent available for this match? I don't remember if I actually watched it or not!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
UEFA CUP - Coupe UEFA - Coppa Uefa

Final(e) 97/98

From Paris, Parco dei Principi, Parc des Princes

SS LAZIO ROMA v INTERNAZIONALE MILANO FC

LAZIO : Marchegiani; *****, Favalli, Grandoni, Nesta; Venturin, Jugovic, Nedved, Fuser; Mancini, Casiraghi
Subs : Almeyda, Boksic,Gottardi
Coach : Eriksson

INTER : Pagliuca; ZANETTI, Fresi, Colonnese, West; Simeone, Winter, Ze Elias, Djorkaeff; Ronaldo, Zamorano
Subs : Sartor, Cauet, Moriero
Coach : Simoni

ESPN Classic Coverage - Italian Comms
X264 - 1000Kbps - 496*372
First half : 167Mo / 22Mins
Second Half : 234Mo / 30Mins

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks A10, keen to grab that as well.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
That's one of my favourite. Easily, Baggio's goal, celebration and the noise in the crowd was awesome.

Then there's the Champions League playoff against Parma, where Baggio saved us with an outstanding goal. Then he did the "roar" celebration. Damn I miss Baggio. :proud:

Outside of that and some others mentioned here, the season where we lost on the final day a few matches before that we played Brescia and were struggling, then Ronaldo who was just returning from those awful injuries saved us and I remember going mental, that was when I loved Ronaldo. The crowd, the goals, the celebration, the moment...that was perfect.

Other than that, against Newcastle away was pretty good. Almeyda's goal was breathtaking. Any game Zamorano played, still probably my favourite Interista....I can't seem to remember a certain match where he made me more happy than usual, it'll come to me.

Heaps of great moments, forza Inter. :proud:

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Also the 1-0 at Juve in the fixed season. Not a great game, but a great result.

Julio Cruzzzzz!!!

·
Registered
46,081 Posts
I really enjoyed the 1-0 win against Juve on 4 January 1998 (I store all my Inter goals in dated folders, so my memory of these dates is usually pretty good. :embarass: ). Basically, the goal came from Tranny Boy making a nice run down the right flank before curling in a daisy cutter to the far post. Djorkaeff gracefully slides in to score and the celebrations begin. :proud:

We didn't really have a defence back then though. :undecide: Ain't that right, Taribo?

·
Registered
62,704 Posts
Speaking of which, I fondly remember our 3-1 win in Turin back in Zac's season (03/04)

It came 3 days after the humiliation of losing 5-1 at home to Arsenal, we hadn't won in Turin for a decade and our main defenders were all out. Adani-Gamarra played that match! All reasons why this match was so special to me. I watched it with my bro, Raulito (from the Madrid forum, a gobbo as well..ugh) and an Interista friend of mine.

Cruz's free kick to open the scoring that day was beautiful. Cruz never stopped owning Buffon since :stuckup:

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah that was the match to kick off Cruz' owning of Buffon.

·
Registered
46,081 Posts
Btw, top thread, vlep. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts