Xtratime Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
30,433 Posts
Of course I did. How would I make a legitimate critic about it without knowing it. I am not a fraud, you know?

·
1st Tier Poster
49,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I watched Arrietty yesterday.

It's another Ghibli film, done in 2010.

It is based on a British childrens book series The Borrowers. I was somewhat similar with the story as decades ago I saw the TV show done in the 90s starring Ian Holm.

So it's basically about little people who live in your house and steal stuff from you (they call it "borrowing"... yeah right).

As usual for Ghibli, it had very high quality of animation and settings and musical score. The first third or so was quite enjoyable, especially Arrietty's first borrowing trip with her dad into big people's world. It became somewhat more boring later on though when the novelty wore off.

Wouldn't make it into my top 10 but it was okay.

7.5/10

·
Registered
15,564 Posts
I saw Arrietty years ago. Best approached without any comparisons/expectations of the popular Miyazaki films. Agreed, not a top 10 film, but I enjoyed it.

Dragon Ball Z is a bit silly but the ending is epic

·
Registered
44,726 Posts
I'm way out of my depth here. I watched Akira over 2 decades ago and thought it was awesome.

Also watched Ghost in the Shell at the same time...it was held as a classic even as early as 2 years after it came out. Animation was fantastic but the story didn't hold me.

I'm trying to remember one movie I rented...it was this guy from the sewers who was a king of the rats (very similar to Rat King from TMNT)...can't find anything on him now but I found this @ToniSamp:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts