Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Right Midfield*

Juaquin (fast, skillful, can be a liddle bitch but surelly no worse then cisse, would cost around the 12-15 million mark but we could get him for less if we can get nando to goto Betis)

*Forward*

Villa or Kuyt (Villa would cost 20 million even if nando went the otherway, kuyt would cost closer to 15, however I can see lots of teams going after these two, dragging out into a transfer saga.

so heres my backup plan, real want shut of ranaldo, send nando back plus 7 or 8 million, I know hes a lazy boy but hes quick and skillful.

then spend around 8-10 million on Berbatov he aint very fast but hes quick enough, and has the brain to beat defenders to the ball and is a good header too.

The truth be told guys if we buy villa or even kuyt we wont be able to afford a quality right sided player unless we get 10 million for cisse, so we may have to keep cisseand only get 1 forward now robie is gonna stay

Villa+Kuyt+Juaquin = perfection for me, but it aint gonna happen, infact if we only get 1 of them, I would choose juaquin.

and here is why.

even if we dont buy or sell anyone in the summer (not gonna happen), there is no way our current crop of strikers wouldnt be this poor again, even if we finished lower then 4th. These guys aint great but their records prove they aint monkeysh*t

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
ok say we have given Rafa £30m which is the least being mooted around, especially as he has said he wants to make the big signings we need. So if selling Moro and Cisse can generate £5-7m we have a healthy kitty. Joaquin can be bought from anywhere near £8-12m, cheaper if betis get relegated, from the sounds of it Kuyt deal has been done for about £12m. Aurelio has also come on a free ;). So say thats £24, we can buy say Defoe for £8m. These are realistic and good signings IMO.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
kuyt and torres upfront.

SWP for the right wing with pennant as back up

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
pennant puts in a cracking cross whereas SWP is more about taking people on and running past them ,its good to have variety

·
Registered
425 Posts
Theres two types of wingers: Dribblers(SWP) and Crossers(Pennent)

Which one? Pennent. Why?

SWP plays for a club which arent our best friends meaning they are not going to sell him cheap let alone sell him. Thats football.

Pennent playing for a club which is in a pretty bad situation will be much much easier to get then wright phillips. But agreed swp is better but pennent is one of if not the best crosser in the prem with pin point accuracy and weight seeing thats one way we play then pennent who can also dribble would be a good positive signing.

But yes his attitude off the pitch is very questionable?

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
But Pennant comes with too much baggage, we have good morale and togethernes sin our team, that takes time to build but only a second to destroy, a player like pennant can do this, i dont want him, there's also better wingers around.

SWP, Joaquin, Navas, Xabi Prieto, Castelen, Maxi, Galletti, Simao, etc :). We were close to agreeing a fee for SWP in the winter winodw, so i think there is a chance, if not then there are other players ahead of Pennant

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Joaquin and Kuyt would make this fan very very happy.

We'd be unstoppable, seriously.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
daniel alves might still be an option ,rafa was linked with him for ages.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one that drives at opponents and can put in a great cross too, for me juaquin is the best all rounder of the bunch, we need someone on the right like kewell but better, kewell is a tad too slow and hes always thinking how to beat the man with skill and gets muddles alot, zenden on the other hand just says "f*ck it, im hitting the line and crossing, stop me if u can"

we need steven Gerrard in the middle or free roaming not on the right, Krondy is a good squad player, especially to bring on to close out a lead, but we need more on the right and cisse is rollox, he beats the man and fires in a shot because hes gone too far to the line and hes going to fast.

Juaquin often beats the right back totally and then forces the center back to come to him, giving him and the team other options then just a cross :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Hmmm... what about Joe Cole? Well i dont think we can buy him but he would be a perfect right winger for us. Otherwise Joaquin for me. Vicente could also be and Option.

What do you guys think of Sneijder? The guy is class IMO and young too.

There's also De La Pena, his passing and Crossing are unbelivable, IMO he's the best passer in the world.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Deo said:
Hmmm... what about Joe Cole? Well i dont think we can buy him but he would be a perfect right winger for us. Otherwise Joaquin for me. Vicente could also be and Option.

What do you guys think of Sneijder? The guy is class IMO and young too.

There's also De La Pena, his passing and Crossing are unbelivable, IMO he's the best passer in the world.
vicente is a left-winger.
in fact are any of those right-wingers apart from joaquin.

anyway i would bring in joaquin (8-12m), owen/kuyt/defoe (12m) and a relatively cheap striker maybe Anelka (5m)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
You said be realistic but Villa is completely impossible and Joaquin is unlikely.

A few targets that I would like and feel are possible:

Raul
Bellamy
Simao
Kuijt
Crespo
RVN?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Please god not Crespo, I will hate him for ever for the goals he scored against us in Istanbul!! Even thought we won in the end, hate is imprinted for life. I wouldn't mind horseface tho!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Shaggy Alonso said:
You said be realistic but Villa is completely impossible and Joaquin is unlikely.

A few targets that I would like and feel are possible:

Raul
Bellamy
Simao
Kuijt
Crespo
RVN?
Raul & RvN would be more unlikely than Joaquin i would say.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Fat Ronaldo could be a surprise signing but it depends whether Rafa wants him at Anfield or not. Not only because he is fat but also because he is the anti-thesis of a team player and extremely lazy as well.

Kuijt seems to a be a realistic prospect but it would definitely mean the end of either Cisse or Moro. Moro looks the likely candidate for leaving since he's done fvck all during his stay at Unfilled. Not that Cisse has done any better but atleast he offers a different approach to Liverpool with pace and unless the club gets St.Michael, Rafa might be tempted to stick with him for one more season.

Joaquin on the right would be brilliant though he's been off the boil for the better part of the last season and a half. Still the lad's got talent and if Betis gets relegated then he will become available though I doubt whether Liverpool will be able to tempt him to England if or rather when Real come calling for his signature. It would be smarter to go for Simao and break the bank if necessary because the player seems to have found his confidence back and looks a completely different package. Pennant could be seen as a useful backup because the lad can surely cross the ball if nothing else!

As for the likes of SWP, RVN and Crespo......just forget about it!!

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Agree with Shaf on RVN, Crespo and most probably Joe Cole.. SWP is a fat chance if he declares he wants to leave cuz of the lack of 1st team opportunities..

But the fact that he's at Chelsea pushes me to believe Pennant would be a more realistic target for the right wing.. I think he would be a good option.. if we've been entertained by Cisse's attitude for 2 seasons and Rafa still considers him as a weapon.. then I think Pennant can be man managed by Rafa.. his crosses are very good and he can dribble his way past a player or two..

I've said it before.. Can't see Ronaldo at Liverpool.. he likes to be center of attention and in a big city with lots of glamor and parties.. plus he hates the cold.. NONE of those support him moving to Liverpool and Rafa convincing himself that Rony would fit our team (sh!t, if Pennant shouldn't come cuz he's a trouble maker than thinking of Ronaldo would be a sin!)..

If u ask me..

Out: Traore, Morientes, Cisse and although I wouldn't want him to go.. but I'd say FSP would leave as he wants to play.

In: Fowler (I think he'll be offered a contract), Kuyt, Defoe, Aurelio, Simao

The right wing might remain as the puzzle position.. Chelsea have 2 excellent players but why would they sell us? Betis would ask for a sh!tload of cash for Joaquin.. so I think we should consider other options.. Sneider is an excellent option and Ajax are selling players for fun (VDV, De Jong, Peinaar)..

A lot depends on how much cash Rafa is given.. and yes we're looking for excellent first teamers.. but I'd also think of some squad players to enable some rotation.. someone on the left wing is needed.. and maybe another offensive midfielder..

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Shaf said:
Fat Ronaldo could be a surprise signing but it depends whether Rafa wants him at Anfield or not. Not only because he is fat but also because he is the anti-thesis of a team player and extremely lazy as well.
so shafted posts here once again, i wonder what if anything logical he may come up with ;)

i don't see Ronaldo moving to Liverpool, like you said he doesnt fit this teams structure and his wages would be a big stumbling block.

Shaf said:
Kuijt seems to a be a realistic prospect but it would definitely mean the end of either Cisse or Moro. Moro looks the likely candidate for leaving since he's done fvck all during his stay at Unfilled. Not that Cisse has done any better but atleast he offers a different approach to Liverpool with pace and unless the club gets St.Michael, Rafa might be tempted to stick with him for one more season.
First off it's called Anfield, get an education ;) but i doubt the bangladeshi system will help you, they dont do miracles :pp

Kuyt it seems is set for a move and from what is being mooted a deal has been set in principle, hopefully it materialises. Cisse and Moro will both be going i think, Rafa is ruthless and has no time for those who under-achieve after being given chances :). The issue of pace is a good one and that's why Defoe has been mentioned, if we sold Cisse I'd like to get Defoe but not if its beyond £8m. Cisse is 85% on his way out of Anfield shaf :)

Shaf said:
Joaquin on the right would be brilliant though he's been off the boil for the better part of the last season and a half. Still the lad's got talent and if Betis gets relegated then he will become available though I doubt whether Liverpool will be able to tempt him to England if or rather when Real come calling for his signature.
:googly: Joaquin was brilliant last season for betis, this season he has gone off the boil, like i said he's got potential we'd need to do a Kewell-like make over (not the pony :pp) on him, to get the best out of him on the pitch

Joaquin is possible, if betis get relegated we can get him cheaper, but if madrid come in, I think he'll be off to madrid as they are his boyhood club.

Shaf said:
It would be smarter to go for Simao and break the bank if necessary because the player seems to have found his confidence back and looks a completely different package. Pennant could be seen as a useful backup because the lad can surely cross the ball if nothing else!

As for the likes of SWP, RVN and Crespo......just forget about it!!
Simao is also a very good option only at the right price though, pennant i want nowhere near Anfield.

RvN and Crespo i doubt we'd even go for, SWP believe it or not was very close to joining Liverpool in january, a fee was the only stumbling block, if SWP demands to move then I think we can get him.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts