Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some believe the curse will lift when the right coach is found, others believe the curse will never be lifted. I believe the key to success lies in changing the squad, revolutionising the team according to Mancini's ideals.

I believe:

A smaller pool of forwards(3-4), preferrably rotation as we have the quality.

Completely reshuffle midfield, except for one or two core players. We need a core group of quality midfielders (2-3) who are very versatile and can work together very well. The rest should be happy playing rotation or sub or can hit the road.

Defence- get rid of all the bulk and bring in serious reinforcements.

Leave Toldo alone for now.

·
Registered
8,939 Posts
I dont seem to agree with any of your ideas mate. We can sell a one of our strikers max or maybe even 2 but that may result in us having to purchase another striker. With our midfield, we should get rid of some
un-used players eg Davids, and bring in just a couple of solid midfielders maybe a winger and playmaker. And the defence i do not think it is a good idea to get rid of the whole department. All we need is a reliable CB and LB and we will do fine. GK position is no need for any reinforcements. We have Toldo still and also Carini as a quality back up.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
i think it would be good for toldo to go to epl or something
seriously, he's not making 'amazing saves' anymore, as he did couple of seasons ago
and yesterday, he should come off the goalline and catch the ball,
and specially the 2nd one, when pirlo's freekick was like a corner, there was no chance that it would go in, so toldo should catch the ball, instead sheva heads in

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
1. Streamline the squad. It's difficult to manage an oversize squad, because so many players will be unhappy about not getting a chance to play. It makes it difficult to maintain team spirit. Inter will just have to realize how counterproductive it is to buy all good players in the world without thinking of how they will fit into the team.

2. Don't fire Mancini. He's made a good start and your more important players seem to support him. Let his vision of the team dictate who you buy (a couple of players) and sell (quite a few players). No coach is perfect, no, not even Ancelotti. :heart:

3. Get a top-class CB, one who can run a defense, to partner Cordoba. And no, you can't have Nesta. ;)

4. Win something, even if it's only the Coppa Italia. Winning depends a lot on mentality. Right now, your players end up defeating themselves because deep down they don't really believe they can win anything. Any player coming into Inter gets sucked into that. Time to change that mentality and to build on a victory.

5. Keep Toldo, but get a decent defense in front of him so he doesn't get distracted by worrying who's going to mess things up. I'm surprised he hasn't had a nervous breakdown yet.

6. Accept that if you play attacking football, you will ship a few more goals. Don't get hysterical about it. There are drawbacks to having a more defensive-minded coach too, like going crazy when Ancelotti decides to protect a one-goal lead twenty minutes from time by replacing all his strikers. :rollani:

7. Let Mancini establish a definite bunch of starters. He was a bit slow to do that this year, but now he seems to have settled on a team. Yes, some players (and their fans) will complain about favoritism, but the team comes first. Also, make it clear that anyone who disturbs team harmony by whining to the press is asking for trouble.

8. Press silence for Moratti. I like the guy, but his comments never help.

9. Don't follow any of these suggestions, because Milan don't need more competition from Inter.

·
Registered
45,629 Posts
Great post, Ruffian. That was pure quality.

Still, I think you let Mancio off a bit too easily. Every coach has his preferences, but this shouldn't be taken too far.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ruffian said:
1. Streamline the squad. It's difficult to manage an oversize squad, because so many players will be unhappy about not getting a chance to play. It makes it difficult to maintain team spirit. Inter will just have to realize how counterproductive it is to buy all good players in the world without thinking of how they will fit into the team.

2. Don't fire Mancini. He's made a good start and your more important players seem to support him. Let his vision of the team dictate who you buy (a couple of players) and sell (quite a few players). No coach is perfect, no, not even Ancelotti. :heart:

3. Get a top-class CB, one who can run a defense, to partner Cordoba. And no, you can't have Nesta. ;)

4. Win something, even if it's only the Coppa Italia. Winning depends a lot on mentality. Right now, your players end up defeating themselves because deep down they don't really believe they can win anything. Any player coming into Inter gets sucked into that. Time to change that mentality and to build on a victory.

5. Keep Toldo, but get a decent defense in front of him so he doesn't get distracted by worrying who's going to mess things up. I'm surprised he hasn't had a nervous breakdown yet.

6. Accept that if you play attacking football, you will ship a few more goals. Don't get hysterical about it. There are drawbacks to having a more defensive-minded coach too, like going crazy when Ancelotti decides to protect a one-goal lead twenty minutes from time by replacing all his strikers. :rollani:

7. Let Mancini establish a definite bunch of starters. He was a bit slow to do that this year, but now he seems to have settled on a team. Yes, some players (and their fans) will complain about favoritism, but the team comes first. Also, make it clear that anyone who disturbs team harmony by whining to the press is asking for trouble.

9. Don't follow any of these suggestions, because Milan don't need more competition from Inter.
The most sense a milan fan has made ever
:thmbup:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
my views, very similar to the milanistas

Keep Mancini

Discipline squad for spoilt behaviour, keep core players

Toldo
Cordoba
Zanetti
Veron
Adriano
Martins

and build on that, the transfer scheme should be based on what Mancini wants, but should nt be restricted to old Lazio players, or "promising" players. Mancini should be brave enough to deman one world class player "Ronaldinho" or Totti.

Build a team around the core, add good Italian players youth preferably.

Most importantly give Mancini at leats 3 more seasons regardless of success. We need Stability. It seems like the club is a passing club for some players to use

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
i agree with the idea of keeping mancini at the club, even though it doesnt pleas me all that much. because his attitude with some of the players really stinks. he left karagounis to rot on the bench/stands soo much that when he came on he looked nothing like what he could have been. vdm doesnt seem to be what he was under cuper. he has been under utilized ..and when used he has been played in the wrong positions
emre is a quality mid , a very creative one, somwthing that we really need in our team along with veron. but he wasnt played all that much and now i think he is gonna leave anyway. this is the way good quality players just leave our club and shine somewhere else. this is inter after all. well cambiasso and CZ proved their worth in the first half of the euroderby. they absolutely controlled the midfield along with veron.
IMO kily gonzalez is going down the recoba road, dont think hes gonna be used.. instead mancio will ask for a 'promising' left winger or some guy from lazio. which honestly doesnt do us any good. why not make use of what we have ? why not give eberyone a fair chance and THEN decide whom to sell? if you really go by that then stankovic should be first on the selling list !
we are a brilliant team in almost all departments ..just like milan .. but we just cant seem to get the optimum out of our class players in every match. we have to manage to keep the good guys at the club (JZ,veron, cam, CZ, adriano, veiri, recoba, toldo, cordoba) yes i included recoba .. i know mancini has problems with him , but honestly ,he has no right to have problems with anyone now. cmon, isnt he to blame for all the draws and the defeats against milan ? you cant blame the players all the time. you cant blame the SAME players all the time! if only he could have used the non lazio ites at the club , we wiuld have had a formidable line up by now, but he chose to stick with his prefered midfield and defence and this is the result. there is bitterness in the club which doesnt let the stars perform to the best .
why arent kaka crespo rui costa etc benched all the time at ac? they are equal in quality to our recoba emre and davids arent they ? i dont understand this thing thats all. we have to keep all our big players happy by giving them a long-ish run to prove themselves.
what we need is a CB along with cordoba , who really is a gem. we have the best RB..we may even need a LB but after the good game that favalli had against milan, we may not have to !
if emre is gonna leave then we should get a quality creative midfielder. obviously we wont get ronaldino or totti but we should aim at someone whose next in line. without a creative mid our team looks flat. CZ and cam are not what you call creative mids even though theyre good at what they do.
well that would make our squad complete. we just HAVE to extract all we can from all our players and we cant just dump them on the bench to rot. that is the bottom line. we shouldnt really change toldo unless we get a great goalie to come to inter. it isnt all that necessary. once the defence is sorted we wont need a better goalie and anyay toldo is quite a class player when confident.

·
Registered
45,629 Posts
Awesome post. You've come around to the right stuff. I love the part about keeping CZ and Chino! :)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I agree, quality posts guys. I love it!

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ruffian said:

ruffian how did u get into my head??! get out get out! :D

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rishabh16 said:
i agree with the idea of keeping mancini at the club, even though it doesnt pleas me all that much. because his attitude with some of the players really stinks. he left karagounis to rot on the bench/stands soo much that when he came on he looked nothing like what he could have been. vdm doesnt seem to be what he was under cuper. he has been under utilized ..and when used he has been played in the wrong positions

emre is a quality mid , a very creative one, somwthing that we really need in our team along with veron. but he wasnt played all that much and now i think he is gonna leave anyway. this is the way good quality players just leave our club and shine somewhere else. this is inter after all. well cambiasso and CZ proved their worth in the first half of the euroderby. they absolutely controlled the midfield along with veron.
IMO kily gonzalez is going down the recoba road, dont think hes gonna be used.. instead mancio will ask for a 'promising' left winger or some guy from lazio. which honestly doesnt do us any good. why not make use of what we have ? why not give eberyone a fair chance and THEN decide whom to sell? if you really go by that then stankovic should be first on the selling list !
we are a brilliant team in almost all departments ..just like milan .. but we just cant seem to get the optimum out of our class players in every match. we have to manage to keep the good guys at the club (JZ,veron, cam, CZ, adriano, veiri, recoba, toldo, cordoba) yes i included recoba .. i know mancini has problems with him , but honestly ,he has no right to have problems with anyone now. cmon, isnt he to blame for all the draws and the defeats against milan ? you cant blame the players all the time. you cant blame the SAME players all the time! if only he could have used the non lazio ites at the club , we wiuld have had a formidable line up by now, but he chose to stick with his prefered midfield and defence and this is the result. there is bitterness in the club which doesnt let the stars perform to the best .
why arent kaka crespo rui costa etc benched all the time at ac? they are equal in quality to our recoba emre and davids arent they ? i dont understand this thing thats all. we have to keep all our big players happy by giving them a long-ish run to prove themselves.
what we need is a CB along with cordoba , who really is a gem. we have the best RB..we may even need a LB but after the good game that favalli had against milan, we may not have to !
if emre is gonna leave then we should get a quality creative midfielder. obviously we wont get ronaldino or totti but we should aim at someone whose next in line. without a creative mid our team looks flat. CZ and cam are not what you call creative mids even though theyre good at what they do.
well that would make our squad complete. we just HAVE to extract all we can from all our players and we cant just dump them on the bench to rot. that is the bottom line. we shouldnt really change toldo unless we get a great goalie to come to inter. it isnt all that necessary. once the defence is sorted we wont need a better goalie and anyay toldo is quite a class player when confident.

rishabh, paragraphs :D

i agree tho.

it seems almost unanimous that our squad is too big and there is no first-team consistency

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vlepnat said:
I dont seem to agree with any of your ideas mate. We can sell a one of our strikers max or maybe even 2 but that may result in us having to purchase another striker.
adriano, vieri, cruz, martins. 4 first team quality strikers. i just dont think its a good idea to keep rotating them. we need 2 main forwards to form a partnership, and a third in case, whos willing to accept rotation. if u want an extra they have to be willing to sit on the bench for a large part of the season.

vlepnat said:
And the defence i do not think it is a good idea to get rid of the whole department. All we need is a reliable CB and LB and we will do fine. GK position is no need for any reinforcements. We have Toldo still and also Carini as a quality back up.
so far the only person i see in defence whos worth staying is cordoba.
miha- sorry, no
matrix- no
coco- no
all the others are questionable

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I don't like Mancio a bit.

However, I thought Inter played really well on Wednesday.

Actually alot better than Milan did. I also thought he made the right substitutions, with Vieri, Kara, & VDM, considering the options he had available, and it was very unfortunate that you guys lost, and by the 2 goal margin.

So if you take that Mancio coached well enough to win, and the players played well enough to win, even without your best striker. You can make a good argument that you lost just on bad luck.

I think alot fo the idea's posted here make sense, but you can't say that Inter should shred the team to core players, and give Mancini the players he wants, but then say no more Lazio players, because those are the players he wants.

A decisions has to made if he is the right coach, and if he is, he has to have full backing from everyone in the organization. You can't have Moratti keeping around his favorite platyers, because they become a distraction to the team.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
cadams said:
rishabh, paragraphs :D

i agree tho.

it seems almost unanimous that our squad is too big and there is no first-team consistency

lol sorry m8
next time :thumbsup:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
LOL :D I was gonna say the same thing unlike him I took ur post put it in word and then just hit random enters in between thus dividing ur post into readable paragraphs, and great post I should add :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts