Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just read that C. Ronaldo might be moving to Chelsea for 30m. That is a lot of money.

I thought SWP can be bought @ 25m .. and he is much more effective than C. Ron....

Figo going to Chelsea is bit too old and as an established star... JM might not prioritise on him.

Joaquin is not moving.. and you might just be sick of his continual delay.. whether its Chelsea or Manyoo or Real.

Robinho... havent seen too much of him.. but his dribbles just about can be on any position. Costs?

VDM.. not having a good run in Inter. Can be negotiated on the sale of Veron... either him.. or Davids. Coooool Winger... who can play off Target man. A Dutch wing Duo who can rotate with Duff... Fantastic.

Kaka... he's a anywhere/everywhere speedy attacking mid. Since Crespo is going and Abramovich is in Milan for those discussions. He might just be the MR. Right. Young and influencial. JM like him too... if JM doesnt want Kaladze... who knows...

What other choices...and your picks.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Yea.

Mourinho's first choice is C. Ronaldo, I said that months ago. But he's not gonna leave YOOnited.

Joaquin would be my choice, he has the chance to be even better than he is now, and he's already great. However I do have questions over him settling.. we'd have to see.

Castalaen would be another choice, wouldn;t cost more than £7 Million and we were linked with him a few months ago. He'd be a good addition.

Also like you said we could swap Veron for Van Der Meyde, which isn;t a bad deal. He's good backup and he would have no troubles settling.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Chelsea's Abramovich stuns AC Milan with Kaka demand
tribalfootball.com - February 18, 2005

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich stunned AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani last night by asking him to name his price for midfielder Kaka.

The Brazil international is the one player Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has asked Abramovich for this season and the Russian is determined to do all he can to prise the free-scoring midfielder away from the San Siro.

Abramovich was in Milan yesterday to honour Milan striker Andrei Shevchenko at a function organised by Russian newspaper Sport Express.

Galliani took advantage of their meeting to discuss the permanent signing of on-loan Chelsea striker Hernan Crespo. But Abramovich was unimpressed by the players on offer - Jon Dahl Tomasson, Khaka Kaladze and Massimo Ambrosini.

He made it clear: Crespo will either go for £7 million cash or for a player swap deal involving Kaka.
www.tribalfootball.com

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Real Betis' Spain international winger Joaquin Sanchez could be on his way to Chelsea this summer after the player's father claimed the two clubs have reached an agreement over his future.

Aurelio Sanchez, who is also Joaquin's representative, told Radio Sevilla that he expected his son to leave Betis this summer with Chelsea a possible destination.

"It is going to be a busy summer and I think Joaquin is going to move then," said Aurelio.

"Chelsea are going to offer more than 30 million euros (£21million) for Joaquin and (Betis president Manuel Ruiz de) Lopera is convinced by the offer."

"Now they will have to convince Joaquin."

Convincing Joaquin could be the major sticking point to any move to England.

For several months Joaquin has hinted that he would prefer to join Real Madrid, and flirted with the club in the days before the two sides met in the Primera Liga less than a fortnight ago.

The fact that Jose Antonio Reyes, another Andalusian and friend of Joaquin's, is struggling to adapt to life with Arsenal, could also influence his decision.

Nevertheless, Joaquin's father is optimistic he could still join Chelsea.

"If the difference in offers is not much, then Real Madrid has a strong appeal. However, if there is a huge difference, he'll have to go to England."

"We have a friend there who sent us a fax and we were shocked when we saw the offer on the table. It was in pounds and euros and we couldn't believe it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I think 21m pounds is just too much.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
I don't think his father has claimed a fee has been agreed until now though.

Joaquin seems inevitable to me. Great player and will finally have the players to provide the service to he deserves. Didier Drogba will love him.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Put Joaquin on the right and Duff on the left. VD meyde isn't a quality player, he doesn't have enough quality to play for Chelsea. Castelen have some potential but is not on the ''Chelsea level' yet.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Apo Japo said:
Put Joaquin on the right and Duff on the left

what about Robben ? he's better than both.

Duff would become a sub i suppose unless he played 4-4-2 with Robben as a half striker.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Let them fight for that position. Im sure Joaquin will start in the begining. Robben was 20 milj and Joaquin 30.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Apo Japo said:
Let them fight for that position. Im sure Joaquin will start in the begining. Robben was 20 milj and Joaquin 30.
So what, that does not mean a thing, Robben is a class player, ill never leave this guy on the bench.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You dont put a fresh 30 mil player on the bench. Robben is class, but so is the whole Chelsea squad

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Joaquin Drog Robben. I'd rather go with this, if it works. But this is just our opinions, its not like JM is going to ask us who to put in.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
i would play robben ahead of duff.
Robben Drogba Joaquin.
duff could rotate then to give the others a bit of rest.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What about

______________Cech

Ferreira__Carvalho_Terry__Gallas

________Makalele_Lampard

Joaquin_______Robben____D u f f

_____________Drogba

Fits all the Hot Shots in.

J Cole can Rotate for all Mid positions, except Makelele's.

Gud can do that 2nd striker.. when needed.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Duff is better when he plays often. I'd rather he moved on if he was to be a bench player and we get someone else to sit on the bench. Having Cole and Duff, I dont think we need a right winger.

I dont really think we need anyone. The sqaud is as good as anyones out there without being full of superstars like Real Madrid, which comes with its own problems.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts