Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the following 2 criteria, as you can pick whatever you prefer, or both (current pro soccer players and / or players who are now retired from playing or are deceased), who do you consider to currently be the 2 or 3 most overrated players (whatever your definition of that is) as of the end of 2008 and please say why, for anyone named.

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
Unfortunately, the current Ronaldinho of Milan.

Surely he's doing well, but if you read on the internet, some fans and the media would say he's back to his old form and Milan can now afford to sell Kaka with ease.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Gerrard and Terry overrated? Ridiculous England-bashing again but thats ur opinion. I agree with Lampard and Rooney kinda

Zidane is the summit of overrating

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
rooney is not overrated he's the real deal even if the stats don't always back him up.

it's almost childish to say who is overrated... there are tons of different opinions and you don't know where they are coming from, who you are responding to...

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
the above is true.

Rooney is absolute quality. He would walk it into any team on the planet. In fact, there's quite a number of big teams who could do with Wayne Rooney very badly.

With Terry and Gerrard, they are both quality players. I think they are labeled as overrated simply because they are the media darlings in England and can do no wrong according to the media there.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
David Bentley. I have yet to see this season one of his set pieces clear the first man in the wall.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Gary Neville's entire career.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Torres is overrated. Sorry, but he finished third in the Balon ranking, and recently I read he was already considered a top ten great of all time in the EPL, voted for by the fans. Makes him overrated in my book. Still a fantastic player on his day, but just not quite that good.

Oh I'm sorry I misread. "Most overrated", Hell I don't know. Jean Alain Boumsong maybe..

·
Registered
398 Posts
i think terry is very overrated, a slightly above average defender made to look very good by an outstanding partner/keeper. although cech has been quite overrated for some time as well (not as good as he was pre-injury)

torres is not better than villa, end of. its also a joke how he was voted better than ronaldo in the epl..

gerrard.. don't get me started.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I am sorry but Torres does not deserve to finish 3rd

David Villa, Casillas were robbed

it is hard to understand why people always talk about how great Torres is when his Spanish strike partner is clearly the better, complete player

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
i think terry is very overrated, a slightly above average defender made to look very good by an outstanding partner/keeper. although cech has been quite overrated for some time as well (not as good as he was pre-injury)

torres is not better than villa, end of. its also a joke how he was voted better than ronaldo in the epl..

gerrard.. don't get me started.
He wasn't voted better than Ronaldo. He was voted more popular than Ronaldo. I don't think anyone can argue with that.

As for Gerrard imho he's underrated, rather than overrated.

·
Registered
265 Posts
rooney is not overrated he's the real deal even if the stats don't always back him up.

it's almost childish to say who is overrated... there are tons of different opinions and you don't know where they are coming from, who you are responding to...
Exactly.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
I am sorry but Torres does not deserve to finish 3rd

David Villa, Casillas were robbed

it is hard to understand why people always talk about how great Torres is when his Spanish strike partner is clearly the better, complete player
He gets more attention.

Oh and maybe when David Villa moves to City we'll know better who the better player is.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts