Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, something different for this forum.

Tell us of your history of Parma. When did you first support them and why, do you get the shirt each season? What is your oldest shirt, what matches you have been to and so on.. basically tell us anything relevant to Parma.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anybody know where to get any Parma autographs, or a bidding place, apart from Ebay?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I started to follow Parma when Brolin joined the club after the World Cup 1990. I couldn't watch any games and couldn't follow the news around the team either. (Back in the pre-internet days...) I also quit my own playing career back in 1992 as a 16 year old so I was quite fed up with football there for a while. So the real obcession didn't start until the 96/97 season when I started to get live coverage of Serie A. We started off badly but had a great run in and almost reached our first Scudetto. We got robbed by the refs though and from that moment on I knew that there was no other team for me. My support has grown ever since. Especially with the help of the internet... :D

I have four Parma shirts. 99/00, 00/01, 01/02 and the favourite, the 10 year crusader shirt. It's a shirt they used in a coppa game (I think) to celebrate 10 years in Serie A. It's an all white shirt with a big black cross all over the front side of the shirt. Hence the name "crusader". Parma used to play in shirts like that in the old days. I plan on buying a shirt every season from now on. I'd love to get a full collection from 90/91 and on but that seems to be hard... But I think it should be possible to at least get my hands on a shirt from the glorious 98/99 season.

At www.sportal.se they have a few old Parma shirts signed by Dino Baggio, Amoroso and Buffon. But they are REALLY expensive. $150-200. And could be hard to find if you don't understand swedish. :)

You could try this link though: http://www.sportalshop.com/site/list.asp?cartID=LNDFWANNPBAPEGSUZWZUQIPFS&langID=1&currID=1&ctryID=3&SiteID=10&subsubcatID=24

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I started being a Parma "fan" at season 93-94 but that was only because my dad brought me a Parma shirt from Italy. I didn't care about the team and didn't and couldnt follow them either. :) Like VERDI, my real interest started as season 96-97 and since then... well.... Internet helped a lot too. :)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I was pretty late when it came to beeing a Parmafan.
I wasn't into football that much back in the Brolin days so I got up my eyes for the team when Jesper Blomqvist moved there. He was an old favourite from his IFK Göteborg days.

Then I remember I really got into the team after playing with them in FIFA98 (hey, I was young and naive back then), Blomqvist and Stoichkov running down the wings and crossing to Crespo and Chiesa who scored like crazy in the box, and the defence was rocksolid and even if they something pass them Buffon pulled miracle save after miracle save.
With CM this evolved and somewhere around 99 I had become a real fan. Without really seeing one game with them.

And then it escalated when I found this place since it was hard getting information and discussing the team before that. :)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am only 15, but have supported Parma and Italy since early 94'.
I liked both because of Dino Baggio, partly as my name is Dean and he was my fave player.
I had Italy World Cup 84 shirt, which I was looking for the other day but failed to find :(
I did find around 4 Parma shirts, and the earliest a White Umbro which I beleive was 94/95 season, with D.Baggio on the back.

I wrote to Parma that year and got signed autographs of Brolin and Couto, which I am looking for.

I got 5 Parma shirts currently which I can find, but I have had bout 8, I am going to frame old Parma shirts and have them on my wall.

I also have little things like a scarf and key chain.

I have had every Italy shirt apart from the 00-02 shirt, but got the new shirt with Cannavaro on back already.

I want to get more stuff for my collection, and find older stuff, looks like I got to go in the loft hehe.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Oh, I forgot. I have a few other things as well.

A mouse mat with Parma's logo on. Nothing special but it gives a nice touch to my desk. :D

A video about the 98/99 season. All comments in italian. It's nice though as some parts are actually filmed by Cannavaro. They show the squad in the airplane going to Russia for the uefa cup final and everything. Thuram looks to be one serious dude. Always reading or sleeping. Crespo always seemed very happy though. One problem with that video though. I can't watch it without getting very sentimental. I almost cried the first time I watched it. It's such a shame what's happened to Parma in the last three years.

A big flag. Very nice. The AC Parma club logo and yellow and blue stripes.

A key ring.

I ordered this, together with two shirts from the old Parma site. They had this "Emporium" section where you could order stuff. Not online but still. I ordered by e-mail I think.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Been following Parma since '90
i remember when we bought zola that was col as was when we got asprilla,
I also remember the first cup winners cup we got.
The only season where i don't remeber much from is the 95-95
But other than that i remember most of them.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In this restaurant in local shopping center they have a huge Parma flag, my nan tried to buy for xmas once but they wanted over £100. The company has gone bust now, and it is annoying seing it there, not doing anything.
I also have a Parma pendent.

Verdi, aren't you from Italy?

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I support Parma since 1995, when Hristo Stoichkov came to us:)

Do you really want to know how many jerseys I have? Ok! :D

I have 11 Parma-shirts, 9 of them are original. I have the 01/02 74 Djet shirt, 2 00/01 shirts, the 9 Crespo shirt of 99/00 .....

My oldest shirt is the yellow Umbro one from the UEFA-Cup Final against Gobbentus
:cool:

Beside the shirts, I have 4 scarfes (is it called like that? :rolleyes: ), a flag, 2 tracksuits, lots of posters, a mascot (Emilia :D ), a mouse pad like verdi :tongue: , caps, a Parma Molten ball, 2 tee-cups and lots of other things where I don't know the word in English :depress: :D

·
Banned
188 Posts
Well, I started supporting Parma in late 1992, I became a big Brolin fan after watching him in the Euro 1992 in Sweden.

Brolin what a great player, what a shame and a wasted talent,

My first game I watched(C4 in England started televising games in Serie from 1992/93), was against Inter at the San Siro, the show opened with Brolin saying "I am Tomas Brolin and you are watching Football Italia on Channel 4".

I still remember the result, a 2-1 lose(Melli scored first for Parma and the Ruben Sosa and Nicola Berti(Where are they now?) scored for Inter. The Parma team had Marco Ballotta, Antonio Benarrivo, Alberto Di Chiara, Lorenzo Minotti, Luigi Apolloni, Georges Grun, Alessandro Melli, Daniele Zorrato, Marco Osio, Stefano Cuoghi and Tomas Brolin.(Faustino Asprilla was injured).

The next season Parma had my favourite ever team ever, no team anywhere in the world played like Parma in 1993/94, I mean no one, If you have no idea of what I am talking about, get some videos on Parma's games in that season, that side was amazing.

1.Luca Bucci
2.Antonio Benarrivo
3.Alberto Di Chiara
4.Lorenzo Minotti
5.Luigi Apolloni
6.Nestor Sensini
7.Tomas Brolin
8.Gabriele Pin (16.Alessandro Melli, Coach Scala always substitute Pin for Melli when Parma needed a goal)
9.Massimo Crippa
10.Gianfranco Zola
11.Faustino Asprilla

I remember one game, that I will never forget, it was against Sampdoria at the Tardini. Samp(with Ruud Gullit) took the lead with a good goal from Vladimir Jugovic after a one-two with Attlio Lombardo in the 1st half. In the 2nd half Parma tried everything to equilise but nothing until Nevio Scala did his trademark subsitution for that season, changing Gabriele Pin for striker Alessandro Melli to change the formation from 5-3-2 to 5-2-3 with the full backs changing to wing-backs and played between midfield and defence, the change brought a goal from Captain Minotti who slid in to put the ball into the net after a free-kick from Zola. 1-1.

It looked like ending 1-1 until Parma had a free-kick on the left-side of goal, Zola took it and looked like going out (I even thought to myself, is it a goal or has the ball gone out for a goal-kick?), No it was a goal in the last minute of the game.

What a game!

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a Parma football too.
I really want to find my signed Brolin and Couto pics from 94 :D

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
First took an interest in Parma in 1990, ok so that's when they got into Serie A, but it was also the first time I realised they even existed!

I've followed them ever since (my mum is originally from the province). I've only managed to see them once, though it was the Cup Winners Cup Final in Wembley. What a night! :D :D :D

I realised that I was getting to be a real fan when Ancelotti first arrived and we were near the bottom of the league just before Christmas. I wasn't going to give up on them, not sure I can take much more of this though! :depress:

KLP

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
As some of you know and my signature will witness, I'm not the biggest Parma fan here... :D Parma is my 2nd team in Italy, I don't recall the exact moment I started keeping myself updated on their progress but a lot of it came from Championship Manager. :D I always liked some of the Parma players, like Buffon, Crespo, Boghossian, Conceicao, Veron, Asprilla...

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
numerodix said:
I always liked some of the Parma players, like Buffon, Crespo, Boghossian, Conceicao, Veron, Asprilla...
You basically mean all the ones that left?:D

Nah seriously though, I was never keen on Conceicao myself because he always thought he was too good for the club, but was consistently average when he signed.

Well my story is that I started watching it on C4 all those years ago, but original (being about 7) started following Milan because they were the best team around. But from there, I lost interest in them again, became more of a neutral & then slowly turned into a Parma fan. But could not actually have named you a player. I didn't become a Parma fanatic until I joined Xtratime, so it's all your fault!:D It's just so great being able to actually get information on them, because you hear sod all on the sports news about Serie A, it's all SPL & EPL:yuck:.

Well that's my history:)

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
cam said:

You basically mean all the ones that left?:D
Hey, it's not my fault you sold them all :D Seriously though, it's not fun to see Parma struggle like this, Fiorentina have already taken the dive and Parma will come close this season.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would never stop supporting Parma. If they go down to Serie B, or Serie C1A, I know that Parma will always be my team.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
And below C1A ? ;)

Perhaps we could play for them then!

KLP

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I got a place at Millwall at least as coach when I leave school, maybe I can move to Parma :D

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
As a football coach or streetfighting coach ;)

Nice one, can you go to Parma and teach the players how to put more effort in on the pitch. While your there can you do the same for the Italian national teams entire midfield. Talk about sluggish!

KLP.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts