Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Legend
2) Romeo Is Bleeding
3) True Romance
4) Earth Girls Are Easy

LEGEND
One of my favourite movies ever. It's a variation of Adam & Eve's myth in a world of fantasy. Directed by Ridley Scott, starring a 'pre-Top Gun' Tom Cruise, a charming Mia Sara and Tim Curry swathed in the accoutrements of Evil. Superb casting, imagery and music (Tangerine Dream & Jerry Goldsmith).

ROMEO IS BLEEDING
Gary Oldman as a corrupt policeman (a different interpretation from the one he plays in Leon though) is again outstanding. The movie has some lame quotes but I like it a lot nonetheless. It's been a while since I last saw it. It's on TV this week so I might refine my judgement.

TRUE ROMANCE
This wacko flick written by Oliver Stone and directed by Tony Scott is a classic to me in terms of coolness. You must've seen this one I'm sure. You ain't likely to find such an awesome cast ever again (Christian Slater, Dennis Hopper, Brad Pitt, Sam L Jackson, Christopher Walken, Val Kilmer + Gary Oldman again, this time playing an hilarious dreadlocked white pimp.)

EARTH GIRLS ARE EASY
Who's seen this one? Jeff Goldblum, Damon Wayans and Jim Carrey (totally unknown at the time), in the role of psychedelic red, yellow and blue aliens, discover the shallow Californian life after their spaceship landed in Geena Davis' pool. I guess you either love it or you just hate it.

Ciao.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
True Romance was written by Tarantino, though he later disavowed the screenplay credit because of changes made to his version.

Even though Lena Olin is one of the sexiest women on the planet, and Gary Oldman can always make something out of what he's given, RIB has to be one of the lousiest movies I've ever seen.

Earth Girls are Easy was cool.

Legend was way too long. Needed some serious cuts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts