Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you think about his big success in France, he is one of the best defenders in the league today and he always makes the team of the week..

i know Arsenal has prolems on the defence and its too bad you didnt give him a chance, it would have been great for him to be in a big club like Arsenal.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he wasn't good enough for us, good to see he's having a nice career in France, well done Tav. :thmbup:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure but when you have players like cygan you start wondering right?

·
Registered
865 Posts
It doesn't always work that way...
Cygan was the player(defender) of the year in France, we bought him as a huge prospect for our team. But you know the rest.
Good luck to Tavlaridis anyway.....

·
63,337 Posts
BlackHell said:
Cygan is only a reserve though, probably Tavlaridis wanted 1st team football, he went on loan to Portsmouth and didn't pull any trees up there so perhaps the less physical football of France suits him better as it did Cygan.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Tavlaridis was good in my CM game few years ago when I was still in college. :D

Well, we can only wish him good luck and get even better. We are very happy to see him succeed finally. :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
While I gotta admit that I didn’t cry my eyes out when he was sold he always impressed me whenever I saw him play for the reserves. He had leadership qualities, Was good on the ball and wasn’t afraid to put tackles in (although they could be a bit mistimed sometimes - ). I didn’t know he’s doing well in France at the moment but it’s nice to hear :). A bit strange that he didn’t get a proper run in first team for us though. Surely he couldn’t have done worse than Stepanovs, Vivas, Oleg, Garde, Cygan etc. However I’m sure AW had his reasons.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
i dont think hes good enough thats why he was sold, and thats why SENDO os playing, because hes good enough.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
BlackHell said:
cygan was french player of the year 2000

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Petros said:
cygan was french player of the year 2000
I hope you mean "best player playing in france"?
It's an insane world if a player like Cygan could get an award like that ahead of Henry,Zidane,Lizarazu...and so on...and so on...on and on... ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I never understood why Arsenal signed him in the first place. He had a big body but he was VERY average in the Greek league and was also average for the Greek U-21.

Still, I've seen him play twice for Lille and looks a real rock. Weird.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Simply not good enough for this level. I hardly remember him ever playing, like that other Czecho-greek we had Papadopulous.

·
63,337 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I never understood why Arsenal signed him in the first place. He had a big body but he was VERY average in the Greek league and was also average for the Greek U-21.

Still, I've seen him play twice for Lille and looks a real rock. Weird.
the thing is Wenger has the magic eye for potential and you probably don't :D

all the young players he signs have something, it's just whether they can find it or not.

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
Pennant found his in the bottom of a bottle of JD.
Pennant is a fukin idiot, all the talent in the world can't hide that fact.

let's hope he has learnt his lessons, could be a big player if he has.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jern Lizardhous said:
the thing is Wenger has the magic eye for potential and you probably don't :D

all the young players he signs have something, it's just whether they can find it or not.

You are probably right, he knows talent, thats why he signed Tavlaridis... i mean he did end up being successfull player in France and he will probably move to a bigger club soon although Lille is a French topc Club...
I believe the deal with Tavlaridis was that he could go Free to Lille but they agreed to get 50% of the next sale...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts