Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The game is a team sport as a whole, but which player do you feel that is a absolute neccessity for the teams progress...in other words what one single player if abscent would seriously dent hopes of the teams progress...

heres a selection of the traditionally bigger teams in this years w/cup...you can also include nations not in the world cup

France-Zizou

Brazil-Ronaldo

italy-nesta

Argentina-Crespo

England-rooney/lampard

you get the jist... :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
For Australia, I think it has to be Marco Bresciano from Parma. Kewell if in good form for the WC will also be a very important player

A

·
0 Posts
i would not say nesta is the most important for italy... for italy to have a good WC nesta has to be big really big but the most important for azzurri this year is buffon he can win the turnoment for us

·
Registered
247 Posts
For Italy I'd actually say Totti/Pirlo.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
InterOz said:
For Australia, I think it has to be Marco Bresciano from Parma. Kewell if in good form for the WC will also be a very important player
Both are replacable.

I'd go for Lucas Neill.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
armenian18 said:
i would not say nesta is the most important for italy... for italy to have a good WC nesta has to be big really big but the most important for azzurri this year is buffon he can win the turnoment for us
honestly...i didnt put much thought in to it but i still do believe nesta is a pillar for the azzuri. With buffon he was another choice for me too...he could be what zoff was in w/cup 82' and toldo in euro 2000

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
For Portugal, it's Pauleta, but not because he's the best.

He's the most important because a midfield consisting of the likes of Deco, Figo, CRonaldo, Simao, Maniche, Petit, Costinha, etc. will supply plenty of opportunities to score. He just has to bury them and we'll be successful at the World Cup, IMO.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Bresciano is for me as well, Hiddink moved hell and earth to get him ready for Uruguay, and ended up playing him when he was about 50% fit. Would he do that for Culina or Cahill? Unlikely.

Neill is just as important, the boys gets better every week at Rovers.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sir Leonardo said:
Bresciano is for me as well, Hiddink moved hell and earth to get him ready for Uruguay, and ended up playing him when he was about 50% fit. Would he do that for Culina or Cahill? Unlikely.

Neill is just as important, the boys gets better every week at Rovers.
Craig Moore could be a bit of a bolter as well. He will really strenghthen the defence assuming his road to recovery remains on track.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
As good as Bresciano is if he doesn't play then we still have a midfeild of:

- Kewel
- Cahill
- Culina
- Grella

With the like of Thompson & Skoko offering deapth.

Outside Neill & Moore the defence is weak. Moore is in doubt. Thus I choose Neill.

On a side note:

Code:
-------------------------Zeljko Kalac

Brett Emerton ---- Lucas Neill ---- Craig Moore ---- Scott Chipperfield

------------- Vincenzo Grella ---- Jason Culina

--- Marco Bresciano ------ Tim Cahill ------ Harry Kewell 

-------------------------Mark Viduka
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Brazil- DIDA

Argentina- Samuel

Italy- Whoever starts as a stricker probably Toni

France- hmmm not Henry perhaps if they get Wiltor to the WC he will be the most important player

Germany- Ballack

England- Rob

IC- Drogba ;)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
even thought ireland aren't in the world cup, Shay Given's our most important player, he really should be in the world cup one of the top five goalies in the world.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Portugal - C.Ronaldo [he was the biggest reason why they got to the final of Euro2004 and why they qualified for the WC so convincingly]

England - Rooney [he makes England a different team. Heaps of flair which has been missing for years and power upfront to create and score]

Brazil - Ronaldinho [yes Brazil has other stars that could shine even if Ronnie is out but he is the best player in the world and therefore has the ability to win games with one touch of the ball]

Spain - Puyol [in an average defense he is the only world-class player that will hold it all together]

Germany - Ballack [creates and scores, by far the best player in the team]

Argentina - Riquelme [the mastermind behind every attack, the key to success]

Italy - Totti/Pirlo [Totti if he is fit and Pirlo if Totti doesn't feature]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts