Xtratime Community banner

Your most favourite Inter moment ever!

515 views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Firdaus 
#1 ·
It could be anything what so ever,Even if it's more than one thing let's hear. ;)

#2 ·
i remember we won the scudetto in the 1989-1990 season...i became an inter fan that year...after the last game of the season, all the players celebrated together...i think that game was my most favorite INTER moment ever...

#3 ·
I think winning the UEFA Cup in 1998 against Lazio was my favourite Inter moment. I started supporting Inter the season after they won the scudetto and did not know much about the club. I sort of fell in love with the colours and liked Matthaus and Klinsmann. Even back then, in the season that Sampdoria won the championship, we had some very unlucky/controversial moments and I liked the way the team would still battle on in the face of adversity. Admittedly, other than the UEFA Cup triumphs, it has been a pretty barren 15 years but I still love them.

#4 ·
I remember watching Inter when they had the 3 germans and ferri,Bianchi,berti,Serena,and the rest I was in awe of the team.Matthaus was a true general some of the things he done never ceased to amaze me.

#5 ·
They were the good old days Schumy!

You mentioned Matthaus. His free kicks were phenomenal! So much power and great accuracy.

There are a few things I would like to know though:

Do you think Nicola Berti was a diver and playactor? At the time, he used to be one of my favourite Inter players but when I think back, recall many moments when he complained to referees or seemingly went down pretty easy. Was he piss weak strength wise or was he simply a diver who tried to always trick the referee?

At the time, Inter also had Angelo Orlando and Massimo Paganin. I am not sure if I have mixed things up but I believe there were two brothers playing for the club. They might have even been twins but that was a long time ago. Were the Paganin brothers twins?

Do you remember Salvatore Fresi? He was a very strong defender as a youngster but seemingly lost his way and went from a player that would make a great defender (in the future) to someone who just disappeared. Actually, that is not entirely true. I recently saw his name in a squad list when I was reading Calcio Italia - I can not recall for which club.

What about Stefano Desideri? Does anyone remember him? To be honest, he was an Inter player that I stuggled to take a liking to.

This post has me thinking...
I have made several posts which have gone back and spoken about former players of both Inter and Milan. How would you guys feel if we started a new thread, made it a sticky and titled it the good old days? Or something similar? It might give some of the younger fans who are unfamilir with the days prior to Ronaldo some insight as to the players at the club and things that happened. What do you think?

#6 ·
Well I liked the arsenal - inter game

i loved bobo's goal at the mestalla where he just says shut up

i loved inter's mauling of juventus and espeically vieri's PK against the fascist Buffon

i loved inter's mauling of benfica with 4 or so goals and especially bobo's powerful shot

i loved inter roma game recoba's goal and celebration

i loved inter and cuper when cuper patted each player's heart before the game

i loved the game where we won the uefa cup tho i never wtached it so i guess it doesn't count

i loved bobo's four goal games

i love inter

#8 ·
Inter01 said:
They were the good old days Schumy!

You mentioned Matthaus. His free kicks were phenomenal! So much power and great accuracy.

There are a few things I would like to know though:

Do you think Nicola Berti was a diver and playactor? At the time, he used to be one of my favourite Inter players but when I think back, recall many moments when he complained to referees or seemingly went down pretty easy. Was he piss weak strength wise or was he simply a diver who tried to always trick the referee?

At the time, Inter also had Angelo Orlando and Massimo Paganin. I am not sure if I have mixed things up but I believe there were two brothers playing for the club. They might have even been twins but that was a long time ago. Were the Paganin brothers twins?

Do you remember Salvatore Fresi? He was a very strong defender as a youngster but seemingly lost his way and went from a player that would make a great defender (in the future) to someone who just disappeared. Actually, that is not entirely true. I recently saw his name in a squad list when I was reading Calcio Italia - I can not recall for which club.

What about Stefano Desideri? Does anyone remember him? To be honest, he was an Inter player that I stuggled to take a liking to.

This post has me thinking...
I have made several posts which have gone back and spoken about former players of both Inter and Milan. How would you guys feel if we started a new thread, made it a sticky and titled it the good old days? Or something similar? It might give some of the younger fans who are unfamilir with the days prior to Ronaldo some insight as to the players at the club and things that happened. What do you think?
Oh yes amigo I remember Stefano alright,He was quite something actually.Had a shot and a half that could match it with any he then played for udinese also,Beri was a rather great in getting into position with his magical headers I thought he was some sought of a diver yet to be honest didn't notice to much.
Alessandro Bianchi the long haired no 7 a hard working midfielder also caught my eye and not to forget Ruben Sosa and Davide Fontolan who had some miserable luck with Injuries.But I tell you that Inter side of the late eighties early nineties were really something.
It reminded of Italy no 2.

#9 ·
My favourite moments

Smashing Ipswich 4-1 in the Uefa Cup after losing the first leg 1-0
Smashing Newcastle 4-1
Outclassing Arsenal 3-0 the best game of the season
Beating Juve 3-2
The seaosn of the Lazio crisis game, when the end of teh season was near,a nd Recoba tottally dominated against Roma at the San Siro...those were good moments.
Every javier Zanetti run--filled with poise and power and always hope.
Inter regaining Adriano (biggest sigh of relief)

#10 ·
Carson35 said:
i remember we won the scudetto in the 1989-1990 season...i became an inter fan that year...after the last game of the season, all the players celebrated together...i think that game was my most favorite INTER moment ever...
Actually, it was the 1988-89 season. Is it so long without a championship that you even forgot your last scudetto win? :D

Seriously, that was a very good Inter team who finished with a final classification of P-34, W-26, D-6, L-2, Pts-58. It was still 2 points for a win then so the 58 points will translate to 84 :eekani: based on today's 3 point per win format.

To add icing on the cake, Aldo Serena finished as capocannoniere with 22 goals, 3 ahead of his nearest rivals, a certain Marco van Basten & Napoli's Careca.

#11 ·
Inter01 said:
Yes, the eternal whinning prat. ;)
A promising young player who won the scudetto at age 22, represent Italy for the WC in Italia90 at 23. Selected for the Azzurri WC squad again for USA94 at age 27, yet his career got flushed down the toilet before he reached 30.

Ask the Spurs fans if they remember Berti as well as the Inter fans. :D

#12 ·
I could write an entire book about my favorite Inter moments but I shall keep it short and focus only on the most memorable ones. I don't have much time, but I'll just say that I would like to nominate 3 games. :star: Incidently, all 3 occured in May and even more incidently, in 3 successive years...:googly: I'll let you guess which ones I'm referring to...;)

Cheers.;)

P.S. These 3 games occured not long ago..., so anyone knows which ones are they?;)

#14 ·
San Siro said:
I could write an entire book about my favorite Inter moments but I shall keep it short and focus only on the most memorable ones. I don't have much time, but I'll just say that I would like to nominate 3 games. :star: Incidently, all 3 occured in May and even more incidently, in 3 successive years...:googly: I'll let you guess which ones I'm referring to...;)

Cheers.;)

P.S. These 3 games occured not long ago..., so anyone knows which ones are they?;)
Why do you even come in here and post shit like that... Stay in the Milan forum... you actually think you're funny?

HAHHAHAHAHAHHA Pulsar :thmbup:

#20 ·
San Siro said:
I would like to nominate 3 games. :star: Incidently, all 3 occured in May and even more incidently, in 3 successive years...:googly: I'll let you guess which ones I'm referring to...;)

Cheers.;)

What would those be? If it's you, then probably Spin the Bottle, Soggy Biscuit and Truth or Dare all by yourself, right? Acutally, I don't wanna know! You're better off keeping your personal life to yourself! :wallbang:

Oh and can you join the XT Bald Guy Club? They need a mascot, apparently. :pp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.