-----------------------------Pirlo

Ambro-----------------------------------------------Seedorf

-----------------------------Kaka

-----------------------Sheva-------Crespo

Forza Milan :shades:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Is it safe to presume that our backline will be Cafu-Stam-Nesta-Maldini?

I'll vote after I know that.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haroon said:
Is it safe to presume that our backline will be Cafu-Stam-Nesta-Maldini?

I'll vote after I know that.
It will be. 100% :stuckup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Yeah ... I thought that too because Il Capitano is the fittest player with very sharp recovery! :star:

We are more of a second half team and come out with a vengeance in the second half. The only worrying point with the X-Mas tree is that we have been down 0-2 and 0-3 to Lazio and Atalanta with that system at the end of the first half and since this is a UCL knock-out decider the pressure will be very intense in it.

On the other hand ... we messed up in La Coruna in the first 30 mins and blew the tie. It is the same thing I was discussing with you on Wednesday night that the most crucial thing in a CL knock-out game is the first 20-25 mins of a game. It is not only to keep things tight but show enough purpose in attack to determine the rhythm of the game.

The X-Mas tree would be the alternative to go for but this is Inter who are a Serie A team and we are at home even though it is an away status game.

After giving it some thought I think we need to make a statement to tell Inter to bring it on if they can and thus play two strikers from the outstretch. If we grab a goal and take the lead it will knock the wind out of the sails of Inter but preparation should always be for the worst case scenario.

I'll describe those things in the preview. I think 2 strikers is the way to start off with but it should NOT be gung-ho up front. A more calmer approach at least for the first 25 mins to settle down with superb concentration and focus is required.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern voted for the X-Mas tree and I voted for the 2 strikers. I'm glad I made the correct decision considering that Jern sucks big time at these predictions based on analysis etc. :D

Now there is no need to worry. :stuckup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haroon said:
Yeah ... I thought that too because Il Capitano is the fittest player with very sharp recovery! :star:

We are more of a second half team and come out with a vengeance in the second half. The only worrying point with the X-Mas tree is that we have been down 0-2 and 0-3 to Lazio and Atalanta with that system at the end of the first half and since this is a UCL knock-out decider the pressure will be very intense in it.

On the other hand ... we messed up in La Coruna in the first 30 mins and blew the tie. It is the same thing I was discussing with you on Wednesday night that the most crucial thing in a CL knock-out game is the first 20-25 mins of a game. It is not only to keep things tight but show enough purpose in attack to determine the rhythm of the game.

The X-Mas tree would be the alternative to go for but this is Inter who are a Serie A team and we are at home even though it is an away status game.

After giving it some thought I think we need to make a statement to tell Inter to bring it on if they can and thus play two strikers from the outstretch. If we grab a goal and take the lead it will knock the wind out of the sails of Inter but preparation should always be for the worst case scenario.

I'll describe those things in the preview. I think 2 strikers is the way to start off with but it should NOT be gung-ho up front. A more calmer approach at least for the first 25 mins to settle down with superb concentration and focus is required.
Agreed :thmbup:

Their again, I couldn't help noticing that good old Jern would have a more conservative approach if he was out trainer ;)

Anyway, once again, may our 4 kids in the back hold on :hopefull:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Diavolo said:
Anyway, once again, may our 4 kids in the back hold on :hopefull:
The four horsemen are the riders that can take this stagecoach to the promised land. :stuckup:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Haroon said:
Jern voted for the X-Mas tree and I voted for the 2 strikers. I'm glad I made the correct decision considering that Jern sucks big time at these predictions based on analysis etc. :D

Now there is no need to worry. :stuckup:
I'm the prediction League chmp unless you didn't know. :shades:

Xmas tree is great, you just chill your boots til Inter run out of patience and start getting sloppyrama , then you will get many chances.

if it was Arsenal i'd go for 4-3-3 but i am trying to think from a Milan mindset here. :shades:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

Xmas tree is great, you just chill your boots til Inter run out of patience and start getting sloppyrama , then you will get many chances.
If they score a goal (could be a freak goal) then the gameplan changes altogether because Inter will have hope then. The chilling won't be there anymore so we have to consider that as well. An X-mas tree formation after the first leg will show that Milan is going for the block because they fielded two in the first leg. X-Mas tree is ideal for continental opposition but this is Inter. They breathe, live and play in the same city and same stadium. :)

if it was Arsenal i'd go for 4-3-3 but i am trying to think from a Milan mindset here. :shades:
Wow! :eekani: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jern Lizardhous said:

Basically our 2 strikers formation is a sort of 4-3-3 , cause it's

------------------------Kaka

---------------Sheva----------Crespo

You just happen to have a more conservative approach. No shame upon that, but it's a fact :stuckup:

·
63,337 Posts
Haroon said:
If they score a goal (could be a freak goal) then the gameplan changes altogether because Inter will have hope then. The chilling won't be there anymore so we have to consider that as well. An X-mas tree formation after the first leg will show that Milan is going for the block because they fielded two in the first leg. X-Mas tree is ideal for continental opposition but this is Inter. They breathe, live and play in the same city and same stadium. :)
if they get a goal ? :eekani: that is the Milan mindset i'm talking about, sorry i don't understand this. :shades:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
if they get a goal ? :eekani: that is the Milan mindset i'm talking about, sorry i don't understand this. :shades:
Inter will most probably score in this game but it is better if Milan scores first to get a 0-3 aggregate in our favour. If Inter scores first then it is tension all over and I would prefer to relax a bit for a change.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kakà#22 said:
I went for the X-mas tree

since we seem to play much better when kaka and rui are playing behind sheva/crespo
Welcome on board #22 :star:

·
63,337 Posts
Diavolo said:
Basically our 2 strikers formation is a sort of 4-3-3 , cause it's

------------------------Kaka

---------------Sheva----------Crespo

You just happen to have a more conservative approach. No shame upon that, but it's a fact :stuckup:
yeah but our 4-3-3 when taking a snapshot on the pitch is..............

----Henry--Pires------------Ljungberg
Cole------------Bergkamp
--------Vieria--------------Lauren
---------------Gilberto-----Kolo
Lehmann(after a corner kick:D)
-------------Campbell

:shades:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yeah but our 4-3-3 when taking a snapshot on the pitch is..............

----Henry--Pires------------Ljungberg
Cole------------Bergkamp
--------Vieria--------------Lauren
---------------Gilberto-----Kolo
Lehmann(after a corner kick:D)
-------------Campbell

:shades:
:D :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts