Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 940 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno if this has been done on the Ars forum, but I felt like doing it anyway. I thought it'd be fun to post my ideal Arsenal 11 and squad for next season. Feel free to do the same.

Akinfeev
Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy
Denilson
Arshavin Nasri Cesc Rosicky
Adebayor

Rest of squad;

Almunia, Traore, Kompany, Gilberto, Senderos, Djorou, Eboue, Diaby, Hleb, Merida, Lansbury, Van Persie, Eduardo, Walcott.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Within hope and some reason

First 11

Almunia

Sagna---Gallas---Zapata---Clichy

Arshavin---Cesc---Senna---Hleb

Adebayor---RVP

Bench

GK: Fabinski

LB: Traore

RB: Hoyte

CB: Kolo Toure, Senderos, Djourou

CM: Diaby, Denilison, Song, Ramsey, Gilberto

LM: Nasri, Vela,

RM: Rosicky, Eboue

Forwards: Eduardo, Bendtner, Walcott

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Hoyte is pathetic, I hope he leaves.

---------------Frey-------------
Sagna---Kolo-------Gallas---Clichy
Arshavin---Cesc---Toulalan---Nasri
-----------Villa----RvP-----------

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Nasri up front Zhuge?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
New GK
(Almunia)

Sagna - Gallas - Toure - Clichy
(Eboue) - (Zapata) - (Song) - (Traore)

Arshavin - Cesc - Diaby - Rosicky
(Walcott) - (Rosicky) - (Denilson) - (Nasri)

M.Gomez - v.Persie
(Bendtner) - (Eduardo)​

--------------------------------------------------

I think a new GK is a must. All the top clubs that win trophies have top keepers so I don't understand how we can be satisfied with Almunia. Someone like Frey or Akinfeev would be great. I still hope Adebayor doesn't leave but if he does I feel it is very important to replace him with someone who has similar qualities; physical, mobile and energetic. I think Mario Gomez fits the bill, despite his poor showing at the Euros.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
We can do better than Almunia but I don't think it's a primary concern at the moment. Central defence, a Flamini replacement and now possible Hleb AND Adebayor replacements have all got to take centre stage so I can see why Wenger isn't bothering with a keeper.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Had hoped that Wenger would have addressed the centreback issue. On paper Kolo and Gallas looks good. A lot of teams of course would be more than happy with that pairing but still not sure about them.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I'm trying to combine realism and what I want here, so here goes...

Also, before I start, I think that the most ideal thing for our roster would be van Persie staying healthy for most of the season.

------------------------Almunia------------------
--------------(Wenger's not buying anyone else)
----Sagna-------Toure (C)--------Gallas-------Clichy
---Hleb-----------Cesc---------Diaby/new DM----Rosicky
-----------------van Persie-----Bendtner/new striker----

Reserves: Zapata, Walcott, Nasri, Vela, Diaby, Denilson, Eboue

I personally think it would be fantastic if Hleb stayed, okay, he doesn't offer many goals, but he is a world-class playmaker. I think Hleb, Rosicky, and Cesc all work well together anyways.

I am beginning to wonder if Diaby will be the new Flamini who surprises everybody and has a great year. He has all the physical tools to be a destroyer on the middle of the park and he's not too bad offensively, he was just being wasted out wide on the wing. I think he needs to mature a little, but he would provide some physicality which we really need.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Gomez is good. Very good infact. Don't let a couple of WC games fool you into thinking otherwise. I'm not sure he's required as long as Bentdner is hanging about though.

On the GK'ing front, Fabianski is extremely highly rated by a lot of people so it wouldn't make much sense to get Frey in. Almunia fits the bill nicely untill he's ready imo. San Jose is spot on.

The two priorities in my eyes would be a top drawer replacement for Flamini and someone to take the place of Adebayor if he goes. After that, you need to start looking at another wide player in addition to Nasri perhaps.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
-----Almunia-----
-
Sag-Kolo-Will-Clichy--
-
--Cesc--Senna/Toulalan
-
R/H/N----------R/H/N
-
------RVP----Villa----

:musik:

1 - 20 of 940 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.