Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would your ideal Roma team for next season be? assuming we make 1 or 2 transfers in max..

Mine would be:

-------De Sanctis-------
-------------------------
-Mexes-Bovo-Chivu-Cufre-
---Perrotta---(De Rossi/)---
Mancini----------(/Taddei)
----------Totti---Cassano
------Montella---------

De Rossi/ Taddei on the left -- Taddei probably being favoured on most games... what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
---DeSanctis
Mexes Cufre Chivu
Tommasi Davids DeRossi Cassetti
-----Totti
------------Cassano (Mutu)
-----Montella

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Ideally realistic:

-------------Castellazzi------------
--Panucci--Mexes--Chivu--Cufre---
-----------Dacourt-Davids---------
----Cassano---Totti------Langella--
--------------Montella------------

Bench: Zotti, Dellas, Bovo, De Rossi, Aquilani, Taddei, Makinwa.

·
Registered
258 Posts
-------------De Sanctis------------
------------Mexes--Cufre-----------
--Panucci-----------------Chivu---
---------Dacourt--De Rossi ---------
-------------Riquelme-------------
---------Totti------Cassano-------
--------------Montella-------------

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
we need DM who can connect the midfield with the attack.. can be creative.. can defend in the same time.. with character to lead the midfield..
don't know who?? but Davids is ok..

what about Zagorakis.. he should be cheap and i think would fit perfectly.. he's the captin of Euro champ and we badly need players who can lead our youngsters..

the other thing we need is a wide player.. Taddi is good for this rule..

backup striker for Montella.. Mido would be good for that..

so my team for next season is something like this..

-----------------Peli----------------
Panucci --- Mexes --- Chivu --- Cufre
------------- Zagorakis -----------
----- Derossi ---------- Taddie-----
---------------- Totti --------------
----- Montella -------- Cassano-----

bench:
Zotti
Dellas
Ferrari (bovo)
Mancini
Tomassi
Perotta
Mido
D'agostino

i think this team can go far..

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Game Ove12, looks good, but check your formation once more. ;)
playing with twelve players was something juve did yesterday for instance...

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
ops.. sorry my bad.. i was busy with spelling Zagorakis's name right i didn't check the formation :doh: .. i'll edit it..

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
You know, it's too early to have any real ideas for next season, but ideally, something like this:

------------De Sanctis

--------Mexes--Chivu--Cufre

--Mancini--Dacourt/Tommasi--Davids--Parisi

------------Totti----Cassano

---------------Montella

Zotti, Dellas, Ferrari, Bovo, Aquilani, De Rossi, Ezequiel Gonzalez, Taddei, Meghni, Corvia, Cerci, Cavenaghi.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
cavenaghi sure wants to join us for free and then sit on the bench. ;)

i have heard miracles about this kid, but unfortunatly never ever saw him play yet.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
il_principe said:
cavenaghi sure wants to join us for free and then sit on the bench. ;)
The way things are going for him right now, i'd say he'd be happy to join us and sit in the stands.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Deano, where did you get the Makinwa idea from (has a deal been mentioned by anyone at the club, his agents, himself etc)?

he's been impressive with Atalanta so far but we'd have to move fast. if we could pick him up on the cheap it would be a great bet, but we won't get him if he keeps scoring and there's a bidding war. this club can't afford to pay a lot for someone who's not completely proven.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
another forward i was thinking of was Saviola. he may not have much future at Barca, and apparently has not been brilliant at Monaco, but on form he's a consistent player at any level, and a decent alternative if we do sell Cassano.

big problem is he has a contract until 2007 and Barca payed a fair bit of money for him and won't let go that easy. Roma could maybe get him on loan for next season, even though i'd prefer someone for the long term, as Barca will just take him back if he does well.

this is an affordable way of getting someone good for the team next year though, and maybe Cerci or someone else will be able to step up after that.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Isn't there a rule that makes it impossible to change club twice during one season? That basically should mean that Makinwa can't transfer during the summer. I may be wrong though.

Makinwa surely is an idiot. :pp Transfer to Atalanta to play half a season in Serie A and then get relegated instead of waiting half a season to be in Serie A with Genoa with a real shot at surviving.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
--------------- frey (de sanctis) ------------------
------------ mexes --- chivu --- cufre -----------
---- mancini --- dacourt --- davids -- langella ----
------------------- totti ------------------------
-------------- montella -- cassano (mutu) -------

bench: zotti, ferrari, bovo, de rossi, perrotta, taddei, mido

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Thotobald said:
Isn't there a rule that makes it impossible to change club twice during one season? That basically should mean that Makinwa can't transfer during the summer. I may be wrong though.

Makinwa surely is an idiot. :pp Transfer to Atalanta to play half a season in Serie A and then get relegated instead of waiting half a season to be in Serie A with Genoa with a real shot at surviving.
mmm... i think you're right, Makinwa was actually bought by Atalanta. i thought Genoa just loaned him out to get Serie A experience for next season, like Palermo loaning Brienza to Perugia last year.

in this case if he continues to make a big impression, we'll be out of the running for sure ($$$) and he'll just end up on Inters bench or something like usual.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Makinwa is just on loan until the end of the season. Then he will return to Genoa,and if Genoa will come in A he will stay. Or they can sell him when they want. He's not stupid. He's making experience in A...in B wasn't starter because Milito,Caccia and Stellone...then in January they have bought also Carparelli and so he was "closed".
And now he's starter in Serie A and he's making experience...
Oh,and right now there is Cosmi who are crying because he's watching him to score and score and Genoa isn't able to score in this period...yesterday Genoa lost 3-0 against Treviso :party::party:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Genoa, Makinwa ceduto all'Atalanta
Il Liguria torna Carparelli

21:38 27-01-2005 di Tommaso Veneri

Avvicendamento nell'attacco del Genoa. Lascia infatti la formazione di mister Cosmi il giovanissimo attaccante nigeriano Stephen Ayodele Makinwa che passa all'Atalanta. Al suo posto torna in maglia rossoblù il centravanti Marco Carparelli, "scaricato" dal Siena (società con la quale ha disputato il girone di andata del torneo di serie A) che ha deciso di terminare anzi tempo il prestito del bomber di Finale Ligure.
Makinwa, rapidissimo attaccante nativo di Lagos, classe '83, approda come detto alla corte del tecnico neroazzurro Delio Rossi in comproprietà.
Gli orobici, sempre nella giornata di oggi, hanno prelevato in comproprietà (con diritto di riscatto in proprio favore) il difensore Mariano Stendardo, classe '83, quest'anno in forza al Perugia.

from tuttomercatoweb.com (usually ok as a source)

------

i'm pretty sure that Atalanta bought him.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Arianna... Caccia and Carparelli were actually keeping Makinwa out of the team :howler:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Arianna said:
Oh,and right now there is Cosmi who are crying because he's watching him to score and score and Genoa isn't able to score in this period...yesterday Genoa lost 3-0 against Treviso :party::party:
please explain to me, what's funny about that?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts