Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is your greatest moment of enjoying with Barca and the worst moment ever?

My happiest :
1# this season champions leauge 2-1 vs Chelsea
2# in 2000 when Barca won in Nou Camp vs Chelsea with goals in the last moments from kluivert.

Worst :
1# the lose in chelsea this season in CL

the day after that i was really feeling shitty, 1000x worst than a lose from Madrid because i was really believing they will win CL this year.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Great thread :)
I'm Barça-fan since 1994, thus my recalled moments are from recent history only. Hopefully some long-term-supporters in here can come up with some other special moments like Uruti's save, which I only recall by video but have not seen as a fan of Barça by this time.

My happiest :
1 Luis Enrique's comeback from an injury with tons of goals leading to the championship in 1999 which already seemed lost, especially the 3:0 victory against Real Madrid on our way when Lucho scored twice :proud:
2 the european cup winners cup-final 1997 (I want to see us in another european-final again soon, damnit, it's been a while ;) )
3 The "magic night" ... The historical 5:1 against Chelsea.
4 Rivaldo's overhead kick against Valencia
5 When Barça signed Deco
6 When Barça signed Ronaldinho ( the only suitable substitute for Rivaldo's magic IMO )
7 the number of goals we once scored against Bilbao (what a game :eek: )
8 Ivan De La Pena returnig (not for long though :( )

Worst :
1 the CL 2000 semifinal against Valencia (I recall I got my Champions League-guide and cut the Valencia-poster inside down to pieces, I was so pissed :D It was not their fault though it was ours, we allowed Angulo to make his one good game of his career that night in Valencia ;) :D )
2 Rivaldo leaving
3 Each loss to Real Madrid

Visca el Barça!

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
my worst moment was when barca lost to sevilla 3-0 at the noucamp and there were white handkerchiefs all the way..................best moment was when rivaldo scored that goal on the last day to secure a cjampions league berth,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Happiest Moments:

1. The 2-1 come back at the bernabeu last season
2. 2002/2003 Lucho was captain
3. Signing Ronaldinho, i was with a Man Utd fan at the time it was confirmed so even sweeter
4. Feeling good about FC Barcelona every day of the year, after the 2002/2003 season

Worst moments:

1. The 2002/2003 campaign knowing Van Gaal was back
2. Waking up the morning after Barca have been beaten
3. Watching Los Merengue beat us
4. Feelin like shit as i know we wudnt be in the CL next season after we got knocked out by Juve, and watching LE21 miss that sitter!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Best moments:
-Cup Winners Cup 89 - Barça 2-0 Sampdoria. It's the first title that I recall to cellebrate.
-Copa final 1990 - Barcelona 2-0 Real Madrid - The RM of "La Quinta del Buitre" had won 4 Liga titles in a row (and they won the 5th that year)... it was a pain until then. I think that this title was good for the self-steem of the barcelonistas and ironically saved Cruyff's head. Probably, if we had won the same title against another team, Cruyff would have been sacked.
-Liga 1991 - We crushed all our rivals. I think that we won the title with 4 or 5 weeks to go. They did perfect... despite Cruyff's heartattack.
-European Cup 1992 - Barça 1-0 Samp. Probably, the peak moment. We finally had it.
-The "Ligas of Tenerife" - What a way to win a Liga... especially the first one was unbelievable.
-The penalty of Djukic and Liga 1994 - Uff... it beated the Tenerife one... a penalty missed by Djukic gave us the title.
-Barça 5-0 Madrid (1994) - What a day... I wanted more and more.
-Barça 5-4 Atlético Madrid (1997) - Copa 1/4 - What a day!!! The best match I've seen in my life. We were down 0-3 at the HT and also 1-4 some minutes later and we overcame the situation with a great Ronaldo.
-Barça 3-2 Betis (1997) - Copa final - The "Cant del Barça" in the Bernabeu after a great match. It was really nice.
-Barça 1-0 PSG (1997) -CWC final - Our last European title... the match was boring and quite calm to be a final, but it was really nice to win the 4th.
-Barça 1-1 Mallorca (1998) - Copa final - The last one... Hesp was the hero in the penalties.
-Barça 3-2 Valencia (2000) - That goal by Rivaldo... I still have it in my mind.
-Real Madrid 1-2 Barça (2004) - It's when I realized that we were finally back.

Worst moments:
-Man U 2-1 Barcelona (1991) - CWC final - We were doing great in La Liga, but we lost Zubi in that final, so we had to play with a rookie, Busquets... Hugues (ex-Barça player, btw) crushed us.
-AC Milan 4-0 Barcelona (1994) - CL final - We were better than them, but we had to fight for the title until 3 days before, while they were preparing the final since 2 weeks before. Besides, we dismissed their potential and we were totally outplayed. Dream Team R.I.P.
-Real Madrid 5-0 Barcelona (1995) - I saw it coming the whole week... they wanted revenge, we were doing awful... I couldn't resist it, after the 2-0 in the 20th min, I had to turn off the TV.
-Atlético 1-0 Barcelona (1996) - Copa final - It was really sad... we lost in the extra time in a goal by Milinko Pantic (what a great season he had, btw).
-Barcelona 0-2 Real Madrid (2002) - CL semis - I never thought that we could lose this way against them in the Camp Nou in the semis of the CL...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
my best and worst are the same than koeman,
also the kaiserlautern-barça bakero, all the victories against madrid, juventus-barça where barça suffered a lot but barça go forward i don't remember the year.
the worst maybe also the 5-0 from racing and recently barça playing for to be far of regelation in winter and to fight for to play uefa the next season, but the most important the same as koeman 4

·
Registered
70,100 Posts
Best:
Barcelona 5 - R.Madrid 0 (1994)

Worst:
R.Madrid 5 - Barcelona 0 (1995)

I was very happy too in the league we won with that famous penalty missed by Djukic (season 93-94). I remember that I switched off the TV when the ref said it was penalty for Depor. I really saw the league totally lost in that moment (it was the last minutes of the game). But when I turned on the TV again I couldn´t believe my eyes...Djukic had missed the penalty (Gonzalez was the Valencia keeper in that game! I´ll always remember him) and Barça was the champion! :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
GICA said:
Best:
Barcelona 5 - R.Madrid 0 (1994)

Worst:
R.Madrid 5 - Barcelona 0 (1995)

I was very happy too in the league we won with that famous penalty missed by Djukic (season 93-94). I remember that I switched off the TV when the ref said it was penalty for Depor. I really saw the league totally lost in that moment (it was the last minutes of the game). But when I turned on the TV again I couldn´t believe my eyes...Djukic had missed the penalty (Gonzalez was the Valencia keeper in that game! I´ll always remember him) and Barça was the champion! :D
Anyone has videoclip with Barca moment and the great Djukic, who missed penalty?

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
A lot of them has already been posted, but some are worth mentioning again.

Best

***El mejor gol de la historia: Rivaldo bicycle-kick against Valencia that won us a CL-spot in 01.

***Puyols debute in 99 against Mierdid. Van Gaal was not only shyte.

***1-2 win at Bernabeu last season. Ronaldinho-Xavi goal was simply magical. Also Valdes had a great game and was MotM with Puyi and Dinho IMO.

***Maxi Lopez goal against Czelski in the CL.

Worst

***The season of 02-03. Damn we nearly missed out on the EU-cup and our fine tradition that no other club in the world can match.

***Ronaldo and Luis Madero Caiera Judaso leaving.

***Also, when Pep and Rivaldo left.

***Solaris goal against us last year.

***The heavy defeat against Malaga.

***The first 20 mins in the defeat against czelski.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I've been a serious fan for about 6 years, so my greatest moments aren't really great. Nonetheless, the great ones:

-Rivaldo's 90th minute equalizer against Leeds in the CL campaign a couple of years ago. It sticks in my mind--I remember going crazy. Rivaldo saved our ass repeatedly those days.

-On the same note, his hatrick against Milan was pure class.

-The 5-1 Vs. Chelsea. What a great match. Rivo missed a crucial penalty, but then took it again and planted it in the bottom right-hand corner of the keeper--the same direction he missed in the previous penalty.

-Ronaldinho's goals against Milan and Chelsea. Our victory against Chelsea in the Camp Nou was also magical--I was ecstatic.

-Our 1-0 win at Valencia last year--the atmosphere was great where I was watching it. I spent a couple of hours trying to fix the TV (we were at the beach) so that we can get the match. It worked! Good times.

Worst moments:

-Our loss against Chelsea this year. I've only been more gutted once before: in our loss against Juventus. I literally felt the earth collapsing when Zalayeta scored that goal in the dying minutes. I still rehash the image of Lucho's miss that game. :(

-Our 2-1 loss against Madrid last year. What on earth was going on? I was livid. The sight of Beckham celebrating against us made me sick.

-Sociedad losing the league title against Madrid is a sad moment, too. I remember Sociedad thrashing them 4-2 in San Sebastian, only to go on to lose the title. It would have been great for a 'smaller' team to win the league at the expense of Madrid.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Barca Rule said:
-Rivaldo's 90th minute equalizer against Leeds in the CL campaign a couple of years ago. It sticks in my mind--I remember going crazy. Rivaldo saved our ass repeatedly those days.
Oh yes, I remember that one too, I was in Barcelona by that time and watched it in a bar. I was so pissed and already expected the match to be lost actually. Then Rivaldo scored and I just went mad.
Those were the days. :proud: We weren't successful but we had Rivaldo to save our asses.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
This season:

Best: 2-1 comeback Barça-Chelsea
Worst: 4-2 First three goals in 20 minutes and the last goal of Chelsea

·
Registered
513 Posts
Greatest:
* That 5:1 against Chelsea, it was incredible, the missed penalties, the 2-0 on the stands, the drama...
* Barca - Milan 2:1, we were better at the first leg at San Siro, and I wanted the three points so much
* Real M - Barca 1:2, GREAT Valdes, great Xavi, great laughing at the RM fans after the game:)
* Barca - Real M 3:0 - at my birthday :D
* Barca - Chelsea 2:1
... So much from that season, but I liked the few last seasons, we played with our hearts, didn't win alot, but...
oh... the bycicle cick by Rivaldo of course:)

Worst:
* Rivaldo leaving
* Luis Garcia leaving
* LUIS ENRIQUE saying good bye!!! It isn't worst in fact, it was... sad
* Every lost game against Real(just a few games, but still bad:) )
* 2003 Barcelona - Juventus 1:2, f**k the refs
* 2004 Barcelona - Celtic 0:0, I believed, that we are going to win the UEFA Cup, f**k the defensive teams
* 2005 Chelsea - Barcelona 4:2...

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Barca Rule said:
-Sociedad losing the league title against Madrid is a sad moment, too. I remember Sociedad thrashing them 4-2 in San Sebastian, only to go on to lose the title. It would have been great for a 'smaller' team to win the league at the expense of Madrid.
As much as I hate to say this but I was actually happy that Madrid won the title that year. If you remember we were in a bit of a catch 22 situation really. We were at the 7th position while Athletic Bilbao were 6th, the last UEFA Cup spot. Madrid were 2 points ahead of Sociedad and played Bilbao on the last day while Sociedad played Atletico on the last day. For Sociedad to win the title, they had to win the match against Atletico as well as to hope that Athletic Bilbao did them a favour and beat Rea, enabling Sociedad to go on top with a lead of a single point to win the league. But the problem was if Athletic Bilbao won, then they would enter Europe through the last spot of the UEFA Cup and we would miss out for the first time in our history, irrespective of what result we achieved. So you see, it was kinda hard to choose between, but Id rather be looking after my own club's interest rather than watch my rivals lose the title on the last day. And hence I was kinda secrectly rooting for Madrid to beat Athletic Bilbao and in the process go on and win the title at the expense of Sociedad. But hey I DID feel sick to the stomach too watching them celebrate the title in the light and sound show after the match in the Bernabeau. :googly: :veiled: :ass:

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Best - 92 Euro Cup

Worst - Getting knocked out the CL by RM while outplaying them over both legs...

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Best- Koeman's goal and winning the Champion's Cup in 92! I started to tear up during the trophy presentation. :happy:

Worst- Losing the Champion's League final to Milan 4-0 in 1994. I was gutted for a month! :(

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
husain_14 said:
As much as I hate to say this but I was actually happy that Madrid won the title that year. If you remember we were in a bit of a catch 22 situation really. We were at the 7th position while Athletic Bilbao were 6th, the last UEFA Cup spot. Madrid were 2 points ahead of Sociedad and played Bilbao on the last day while Sociedad played Atletico on the last day. For Sociedad to win the title, they had to win the match against Atletico as well as to hope that Athletic Bilbao did them a favour and beat Rea, enabling Sociedad to go on top with a lead of a single point to win the league. But the problem was if Athletic Bilbao won, then they would enter Europe through the last spot of the UEFA Cup and we would miss out for the first time in our history, irrespective of what result we achieved. So you see, it was kinda hard to choose between, but Id rather be looking after my own club's interest rather than watch my rivals lose the title on the last day. And hence I was kinda secrectly rooting for Madrid to beat Athletic Bilbao and in the process go on and win the title at the expense of Sociedad. But hey I DID feel sick to the stomach too watching them celebrate the title in the light and sound show after the match in the Bernabeau. :googly: :veiled: :ass:
Yes--without doubt, I'd choose the best finish for my team regardless of how other teams finish. But Sociedad didn't give the league away in that last day--they gave it away before that. I remember they went to high-flying Celta Vigo and lost there. I was terribly gutted. Things went for Madrid and it was beyond our control. Had Sociedad gotten a mere draw versus the Galicians...

In any case, it doesn't come close to being a "worst" moment. Its just a shame.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
For me, I think everyone else mentioned everything.

The best had to be the 1992 EC. It was such a great moment. It was a great sight, with Pep holding the cup on his head and jumping like a child.

I'd like to comment on the 02/03 season. To me this was a funny season. First of all for what hussain_14 and Barca Rule mentioned. Plus it was one of my worst moments cos, we REALLY SUCKED. We had coaches stepping in and out. We had supposedly bought two great players (Saviola and Requelme) who did nothing special. We had lost Rivaldo to Milan without getting a penny! We were sooooooooooo bad. I couldn't believe that Barca was fighting with all that it's got to grab the 6th position. Shameful....

Yet one of the best things in the history of Barca happened that year. I, like all the other fans felt free. We finally got rid of the tyrant GASPART!!!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Best:

-Rivaldo bicycle-kick winner against Valencia
-Last year's win VS mierda in the bernabeu
-Puyol with the captain armband :proud:
- 2-1 VS Chelski

Worst:

-the Gaspart era

1 - 20 of 36 Posts