Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well he's scored that many but which have been your favourite?I liked the one against Bologna last season where he volleyed on the edge of the area.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
There are lots of beauties, but technically speaking, none matches the lob on Peruzzi in the 5-1 derby. It's magic.

His goal Vs Udinese in 2002 when we won 4-1 was fantastic as well. I remember a goal Vs Parma tons of years ago, where he lobbed from afar, great as well.Ah, there are just tons of goals that are great, too many to mention.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Cacìni said:
There are lots of beauties, but technically speaking, none matches the lob on Peruzzi in the 5-1 derby. It's magic.
I completely agree, this goal was absolutely fantastic. Talk about a perfect icing on the cake for the perfect game.:happy:

But there are too many amazing goals to consider, the choise is too hard.

BTW, I wish he had scored that volley in the beginning of the Roma - Juve game last season which hit the crossbar(after the Lima cross from the left), that would've been one of the most amazing goals in history.

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
His goal vs. Parma on 6-17-01 which broke the tense 0-0 draw when we needed to win to claim the scudetto. I'll never forget that celebration - ripping off his shirt and running toward the tifosi. His shirt dangled around his captain's arm band. :thmbup:

·
Registered
894 Posts
I read somewhere that his favourite was the lob in THAT derby, which was absolutely brilliant and stunning.

I'm not gonna argue with that!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
goal number 70 vs udinese when batistuta crossed the ball, and totti controlled it with his head and then fired an unstoppable volley in the top corner

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
My top 5:

1. Totti's Scudetto goal vs. Parma in the 2000-01 season.
2. Totti's pallonetto vs. lazio in the 2001-02 season.
3. Totti's "Maradona like" goal vs Sampdoria in the 2003-04 season.
4. Totti's 100th goal off a freekick bomb vs. Inter this season.
5. Totti's first time rocket goal vs. Bologna in the 2003-04 season.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
If I were forced to pick just one of his goals,it would have to be the goal v Sampdoria last year.As Romanista 10 describes it as a Maradona-like goal is a good way of putting it.The goal had everything from his repertoire of skills,close control,pace,vision and finish.The sort of goal that will be relayed across the world in football shows.Sheer class.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
How about the freekick (don't know which of the three :eekani: ) against Milan in the Coppa Italia final 2003? :lala: That's probably his best free kick, with the strikes against Modena and Inter right behind. There's also another fantastic freekick against a team in white jerseys from back in the old days. The freekick is well-placed rather than hard and that makes it sweet and special when talking about Totti since he usually strikes with a great deal of power. Also, the freekick against Brescia was technically perfect. :cool:

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Date: Jan 18 2004
Venue: Stadio Olimpico, Roma - Italia
Main Cast: Francesco Totti
Opponents: Sampdoria
Fixture: Serie A Round 17 Game of the 2003-04 Season

Script: With the score 2-1 in favor of the hosts, Totti received the ball near the halfway line and started his run towards goal followed by 2 Sampdoria players. Giving the ball a gentle kick, the Roma captain outran the final Samp defender and bursted into the penalty area with just Antonioli to beat. Totti finished the job off to put the scoreboard 3-1 with a deft little chip to the right of Antonioli's goal, leaving the Samp keeper a spectator of witnessing a truly magical goal :star:

TBH, of all the great goals scored in Serie A, very often the name associated to them is a certain Francesco Totti :thmbup:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
chivu_4 said:
goal number 70 vs udinese when batistuta crossed the ball, and totti controlled it with his head and then fired an unstoppable volley in the top corner
one of the best ever

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was going to mention the great derby lob,but that goal that broke Pruzzo's record was simply sublime. :shades:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like all Totti's goal but my favorite Totti's goal
is his goal against inter (my hatest team in all world)this season when he recod his 100 goal
I think this goal was so beautiful and no one but Totti can score

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
I have to disagree with some of you. I don't think that the goal against Samp was THAT great. Simply the defending from the Samp players was atrocious, he just run past most of them and they were doing nothing to stop him, one of them even moved out of the way to make it easier for Francesco.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
only thing as great as his goals is his passing vision that cannot be matched...my favorite player of all time. MANY MORE TO COME!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts