Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine's Sid Lowe from World Soccer. :kiss: He makes football so fun to read! It's so hard to stop laughing when you read his La Liga reports on Guardian UK Online.. I always look forward to them.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
David Mellor in the London Evening Standard. Knows most the top people in football, slags them off and sticks up for the supporters.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
yeah but Mellor knows nothing about football which is a bit of a downer.

i saw Sid Lowe's report the other day and he was spot-on.

but i just normally agree with anyone who praises the Arsenal. :shades:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yeah but Mellor knows nothing about football which is a bit of a downer.

i saw Sid Lowe's report the other day and he was spot-on.

but i just normally agree with anyone who praises the Arsenal. :shades:
Good ol' JR, James Richardson

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
Worst has got to be Paddy Agnew. He's a great commentator but I just don't think he can write as well.
Paddy Agnew sucks both as a journalist AND commentator. He's doing the English commentary for Serie A games the past few years and his commentary simply :yuck: :wallbang: :nono:

Still prefer the days of Peter Brackley

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ilgenio said:
Paddy Agnew sucks both as a journalist AND commentator. He's doing the English commentary for Serie A games the past few years and his commentary simply :yuck: :wallbang: :nono:

Still prefer the days of Peter Brackley
I remember the good old days where Brackley and Martin Tyler used to take turns in commentating on Serie A matches.. Brackley was awesome but Martin Tyler was so pro-British it's sickening.. you could never get through an Italian League match commentated by him without hearing either Man Utd or Blackburn or Spurs.. it's funny how he used to consistently put up English pronounciation to Italian names as well.. they sounded like they were all British players to me at some point. I like Paddy because he's very well-informed about the calcio scene, genuinely watches Serie A as a neutral and offers great analysis during a match. He speaks much too fast though and most of the time if I were to just listen in without the aid of any pictures I would have thought he's reporting on the latest race-horse match. Slow down for Christs' sake Paddy!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Best -> Henry Winter

Worst -> The guy who writes in the People...can't remember his name. Or if Rodney Marsh has a column somewhere, it's him. :D

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Best - Gab Marcotti, Henry Winter

Worst - anything written by an ex-professional especially that scummer arse licking creep steve claridge

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Paulo Vinicius Coelho, from ESPNBrasil. :cool: Excellent commentator, with a sharp eye for tactics and an astonishing knowledge of facts and stats. You may not always agree with him, but when he gives an opinion he invariably supports it with hard data and concrete examples that illustrate his point-of-view.

If all sports journalists were as well-informed as Coelho, there wouldn't be so much empty guessing and uninformed gibberish on today's sports coverage. ;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
Mine's Sid Lowe from World Soccer. :kiss: He makes football so fun to read! It's so hard to stop laughing when you read his La Liga reports on Guardian UK Online.. I always look forward to them.
Ok, you've got me curious. Link please? :)

·
1st Tier Poster
50,204 Posts
There is only one football columnist in Estonia and in half of his writings he rambles about god-knows-what. So my answer to this guestion is: no-one.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Brian Glanville and the old man with a grouchy look - his name slips me at the moment!! Both brilliant writers for World Soccer mag. :)

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Rhizoid said:
Brian Glanville and the old man with a grouchy look - his name slips me at the moment!! Both brilliant writers for World Soccer mag. :)
I can't forgive glanville for his excruciating attempts at speaking italian :yuck:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts