Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to have a thread where some of our unbiased views about our favorite players can be posted.What are/were your player's imperfections?Technique,short fuse or even tactically inept?

Ginola- A prima dona...A player whom i regard as the most talented frenchman in the last 20 years but even had more of an abundance of being egotistical....

And come on Dagood's...other than Ronaldo's obvious one were there others?

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
And come on Dagood's...other than Ronaldo's obvious one were there others?
Whatever do you mean? Only injuries prevented him from becoming the greatest of all-time :(. But coming 3rd after Pele and Maradona, ain't so bad :D:D:D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whatever do you mean? Only injuries prevented him from becoming the greatest of all-time :(. But coming 3rd after Pele and Maradona, ain't so bad :D:D:D
True and thats what i meant with the obvious one.A bit of irony here with a player whose climax,popularity and performance's were founded on his explosive physical ability,however the dependance on his superior physical ability got the worst of him unfortunately.

Never reckoned Pirlo as slow...at least i didn't feel it hurt his game.

·
Registered
56,312 Posts
zidane.
his temper was his weakness.
for the 2006 WC, lizarazu warned him. "be cool. you know that they will try to destabilize you."
unfortunally, it's what happened...
too bad. i'm sure we would be world champions right now.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zidane.
for the 2006 WC, lizarazu warned him. "be cool. you know that they will try to destabilize you."
I remember a local canadian tv host Craig forest(former gk) once said about Zidane that when frustration built up he never knew how to deal with it and his challenges would become rash...

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Cruyff - Seemed to think at times he was bigger than the team, even though he was :D

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
zidane.
:howler:

No you wouldn't.

Villa's deficiency is his complacency I guess, or at least just recently. He still works hard but he's wasting loads of chances.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
zidane.
yeah zidane was a psychopath. no france wouldnt have won, only about 10 mins was left when zidane was sent off and he wasnt making any difference while on

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
France were performing better in extra time and could have scored a winner had Zidane stayed on the field. No one can know for certain, we can only speculate. Only thing we know is Zidane did his team no favours.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Scholes - those tackles :D
Rivaldo - Was much of an introvert. Didn't play much for the fans.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
yes, we woudl be!!!
the italians was nowhere in the prolongation.
even at ten men dow, we were better.
Truth remains the only goal you got was due to a fake penalty.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts