Xtratime Community banner

Your favorite Roma goal vs. Messina?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In terms of tridente beauty, which goal did you appreciate most on Sunday?
1. Cassano gets ball deep on the left wing and sends in a wonderful cross that Montella bats down perfectly into Totti's path with his left foot; Totti runs into it and plows home first goal of the comeback.
2. Totti sends a lovely chip launch over three defenders and Cassano runs under it and blasts a one-touch kick past the Messina GK.
3. Montella recovers the ball at the midfield, outlasts a few defenders and flicks it on to Mancini at the top of the box. Mancini manages to handle the ball through about 6 players, including two of our own, shifts it back toward the center near the rigore spot and blasts home the game winner into the left corner.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Montella actually brought it down for himself and started to go after it for a turn shot and then stopped when he saw Totti closing in, great ball control either way.

I felt so glad when Mancini scored both for him and for Roma and then I felt like crying when he started pointing at and talking to the sky.

but emotions aside Totti>Cassano was such a beauty with flawless execution and so I have to pick it.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Totti's great pass to Cassano, who in turn scored a beauty.

·
Registered
581 Posts
mancini's goal was simply stunning

and the celebration under the curva tops it off :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
When I just finished watching the 2nd goal, I was wondering, those Romanisti must be crazy to vote Mancini's goal over Cassano's. The chip was beautiful and the finish was from a Van Basten-esque angle. Plus, Cassano scored it with his less preferred foot, if he has any that is.

But how wrong I was. Mancini not only dummied the Messina defenders once but twice! The celebration was beautiful as well.

By the way, here are another links to the goal, with full Italian commentary and they are longer than Coolioz's. Plus, I added Messina's goals. ;):D:pp

(12) Zampagna
(32) Parisi
(56) Totti
(60) Cassano
(82) Mancini

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Totti to Cassano, the ball was sublime, the finish was top notch.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Totti to Cassano was a work of art though I have to say Mancini's edges it for me because it was the winner, Nothing else to seperate them really and both great goals.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Gazzetta ratings:

12 Zotti C. 5
8 Ferrari M. 5 OUT 46'
2 Panucci C. 6.5 IN 46'
31 Dellas T. 6
5 Mexes P. 6
25 Cufre' L. 6
23 Aquilani A. 6 OUT 46'
30 Mancini A. 7.5 IN 46'
15 Dacourt O. 6
4 De Rossi D. 6.5
9 Montella V. 7
10 Totti F. 7
18 Cassano A. 7

Ill post this in the other thread as well seeing as I posted it in the wrong topic :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts