please reply....

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
------------------- De Wilde --------------------

Deflandre - Valgaeren - Staelens - Van Kerckhoven

Verheyen - Vanderhaeghe - Wilmots - Goor

--------- Strupar ----- E.Mpenza---------------

As you can see it's almost the same as the actual selection..
This is the best line up in my opinion and also my favourite ! I don't like all the players but we can win the most with this one so it's my favourite :)

De Wilde : He was definitely the best goalkeeper we had this season. As sub i prefer Herpoel above De Vlieger.

Deflandre : Is the best right defender we have. Better as Genaux. He can defend very well but also deliver very good crosses.

Valgaeren : He surprised me in a positive way the last games and is very good with Staelens the other central defender.

Staelens : The leader of the team and very important for us.

Van Kerckhoven : This place is one of the hardest to choose. Leonard, Van Kerckhoven, Hendrickx.. I think Van Kerckhoven is the best but he has been injured a lot. Leonard is sometimes 'dreaming' to much and forget his defensive job

Verheyen : I can't stand this guy but he is very good. Scores easily, always fighting for the ball and a great example for the team.

Vanderhaeghe : I prefer him above Bassegio because he has more experience and never stops running. He is the buffer on the midfield.

Wilmots : Very hard working midfielder. Not the greatest style he has but very effecient and never disappointing.

Goor : The best left midfielder we have. Very good runner, can cross the ball but also score. Never gives up.

Strupar : When he is in form he must be starter. Great technique and good passes. Very dangerous on free kicks. Good targetman and can keep the ball with him.

Mpenza : He is young and explosive. He runs after every ball. Very good header also and played some very good games already. Still improving..

On the bench i would have : Herpoel - Peeters - Hendrickx - Roussel (i can choose my favourite, right ? :))

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is my team:
-----------de wilde---------
deflandre-valgaeren-staelens-van kerkhoven

walem-hendrickx-wilmots-goor

-------nilis----de bilde------

i don't know much about valgaeren but he is said to be good,so he will be current in my lineup,then i wanna see walem and henrickx in the midfield,2 very good player what i know.and finally give de bilde a change if he playes very bad the first match then try e.mpenza or strupar.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
i first wanted to say that my favourite team is anderlecht but that doesn't seem to be the question so:

dewilde: bit over the top but still worldclass

de cock: difficult position. we don't have much talent here. deflandre not enough defensive qualities, crasson not enough offensive qualities, de cock is a good mix. other option could be vreven.

staelens: speaks for itself

valgaeren: a positive surprise.

van kerckhoven: man to man he always wins, he can make a rush he's fast and has the right attitude (looking at you leonard)

englebert: defesively strong, good technique maybe more for the centre but he can also play at the right side

baseggio: along with emile a topclass player. mayeb he doesn't run as much as vanderhaeghe but when he has the ball he never looses it. a quality that is very important on a crucial position as dm. baseggio is the most underrated player in belgium. it's a disgrace that he won't play on euro2000. wasseige shame on you!

degryse: he has proven that he's still the best in belgium on this position.

walem: same as englebert but at the left side

m'penza: one of the revelations on euro2000. many people will be surprised

nilis: why say anything about him. we 've all seen him play with psv

dewilde
de cock staelens vankerckhoven
valgaeren

baseggio
englebert walem
degryse

emile nilis

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
gOD, that's also a good idea to make a topic of that.. Maybe it was nasty nick's question but i was so with Euro2000 in my mind that i put a belgian national team on his question :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
My favorite club in Belgium is STVV. For most of you probably an unknown club but i'm watching them already for 6 years and i never give up although they don't play that good :)

But when other belgian teams are playing in Europe i support them. There is only one team that i absoluty don't like and that's Club Brugge. Don't ask me why, i just hate them..

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for some time ago i found a page with every team in the dutch league,you know info of all teams,picture of players,topscorers,etc
everything from each team and i found it on the same page,do you know some belgian page like that?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
All I have to say is Belgium should simply stay with the squad they play with and keeps winning. Don't really know too many players, but they do seem to play great as a TEAM :) Good luck!

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I like Anderlecht very much, for pretty much the same reasons you like STVV Kev - I hate Club Brugges :( Also I like many of their players - Jan Koller!, Tomasz Radzinski. I aslo emire Exelsior Mouscron, where 2 of our internationals play (Poland) - Michal and Marcin Zewlakow. They're pretty good. :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yeah, the Zewlakow brothers are really good. They are getting better and better and soon they won't play in Belgium anymore i think. Are they both playing with the national team or was it only 1 of them ?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the sites,i will check em out later!!
my favorite club in belgium must be standard liege!!!

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
As i already said in this other topic. my team is anderlecht. i know a lot of you will say that's because they have a lot of succes. of course they have :) :) but since i'm already a fan from the age of 8, this is not realy an argument.

of course i like a lot of other teams (except from brugge indeed!) like moeskroen. the win we had there last year (1998-199) was the luckiest i have ever seen a team have. it was soo embarecing (but we got the 3 points).

don't like st-truiden that much (sorry kevin) although they have a good generation coming up. and with isaias one of the most gifted players in belgium. why don't he always play? :(

------------------

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
gOD, what's the reason you don't like STVV ? Their amateur level they are working on, some of our idiot supporters, .. ?

Yeah , as you can see i don't like their way of working, some idiots of supporters we have, but we have our own group of supporters and i like that. Also al the own belgium talents we have is absolute one of the main reasons why i love the team. Isaias is one of the best players their is but his attitude isn't that good. He never does what the trainer tells him to do, never runs 1 meter too far, always complaining and yelling at teammates. Although that has changed the past months. He can pass and cross balls like no one else..

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
about the supporters i don't know. i have to admit i've never been at staaien and in anderlecht or in lier (where i sometime go to see a game) i 've never really payed attention to the other fans.

no the thing that bothers me is the management. the way they treath their coaches is really disgusting. you 've had some good trainers but then all of a sudden they get sacked.

a bit of continuity would make of st-truiden a team that hasn't got to battle against relegation. this is a team with a brillant youth-approach. this deserves better.

------------------

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
and maybe a less objective thing. stvv has a culture of fighting spirit rather than quality football. as an anderlecht fan i rather prefer ballerina's. but that's just me!

------------------

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Don't get me started about our management !! :( :(

They are running the club like it should be done in the 80's..
Our stadium is by the worst in Belgium and our manager is always talking about how much money stvv can earn by sponsors, public, etc.. but he doesn't do a thing about it.

You're totally right about our trainers. They don't get the time to do something here. But also the supporters have to do with that. They we're alroody booing at our new coach after 2 games he was there. And few games later he was the best...
Makes that any sense to you ??

Only our youth development is working fine. I like players with much fighting spirit but also technical players. We don't have them so i'm looking other games for that :). We simply can't afford great players so we have to do it with others..

With a good management our team would be always round the 8th-9th place i think. Unfortunately we can't do a thing about it...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
To answer the earlier question - botht the Zewlakow brothers play in Polands national team. Unfortunately they have not impressed so far :(

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Kevin, thanks for the links to Belgian football web sites in English. I never get to see Belgian games and it's hard to find any information other than game scores on the web, which doesn't mean much if you don't know the teams and players.

D

·
0 Posts
AA Ghent, but its sad how they hardly ever play European Football, or when they do, they don't get very far.

I admire Anderlecht for having so many Belgian internationals.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts