Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just before the first match of this season were played i thought about what i EXPECTED and what i HOPED inter could achieve this season. I came to the conclusion that i expected inter to finish 4th behind Roma, Juve and Lazio. And that was actually also what i hoped, cuz the lastcouple of seasons have taught me not to expect to much from Inter, the former inter that is:)
Here at this point where we are a little more than halfway through we lead the table 1 point ahead of Roma and we are 4 infront of thirdplaced Juve. We play both these teams at home later this season:)
Now when Inter seem to be working good i figured it could be interesting to compare expectations from before the season with expectations from the present.
Personally i have changed my expectation from 4th place to somewhere in top-3, i think its going to be very close and that we can end up anywhere within top-3
what do you guys think?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I didn't and never did have any expectations before the start of any season !!!!! I take it as it comes !!!! But now seeing Inter perform this well I expect at least a top 3 finish and hope for winning the scudetto !!!!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I will be glad if we finish in one of the CL qualified spots

I won't be too much dissapointed if Inter don't win the scudetto...
but as we all can see next season will definitely be a huge one!!!:cool:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
at the begining of this season, i hope if it is possible juventus get relegated:D i never forget about the famous penalty we got in april 1998 juventus vs inter. you know guys, at that time we had a big chance to win the scudetto.
so i hate juventus more than another clubs in the whole world :D :D but it seem like my expectation wont come true :( this season, hope it will be for the next season:D :D :D

and for inter, gotta be better than juve!!!!:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
firstly, hi guys, i wasnt online at xtartime for a couple of time...

personally id be happy as well with a top 3 spot. and i guess it is quite realistic to achive this.
but ive got a bet running... if inter win the scudetto one friend will start smoking for at least 6 months if inter dont win i have to shave my legs every 4 days...
well, i guess i expect the scudetto!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Sergio told me we are going to win the scudetto, I expect the same, if vieri stays healthy, lets pop the champagne :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
SpaceAgentCobra said:
Sergio told me we are going to win the scudetto, I expect the same, if vieri stays healthy, lets pop the champagne :D
I still believe we shouldn't depend on individuals. The team comes first and Cuper certainly realizes this. This is still the main reason for our succes. I won't deny that Vieri is a key player in this squad, but we shouldn't expect Vieri to win the trophy by himself. Some players need to show more character. It's impossible for Vieri to keep on performing as he have done previously.

Forza Inter

Sune

·
Registered
9 Posts
i know- i really do pray to god that they win!!!! or else... gosh. all my friends want to wax my leg. especially the girls, they want to have some kinda revenge on me. this would hurt!!
well, i guess if vieri cant keep up with his previous performances this aint a tragedy coz - i guess - kallon would step up, and ronaldo will play well again, or am i too optimistic.
well, if not, we have to rely on our defense... lets hope that materazzi and cordoba wont let us down- but i doubt on that.
and then there still is simic whos getting better, well he aint a genius, but he plays very decently.
and we have to hope on georgatos, i hope hell show some glimpses of his old self.
and then there are the 2 zanettis, well i really doubt that they dont keep up with the others.
di biagio played really well as yet and was very reliable.
well, guly, i know that youll hate me now. but i wasnt too unhappy with his performances as yet. he aint great but he performs wonderfuly tacticaly. he does his job and thats it. he also defends. but kallon is running berserk- hes everywhere, against parma there wasnt any spot which he didnt play. he even helps as a defender- i guess he knows the walue of team work.
and about recoba and conceicao. recoba is showing that he really deserves to play in the forst team and that the team dont lose their defense with vieri-kallon-conceicao-recoba in the attack.they defended pretty well although this offensive line up- totally untypical for cuper!
under this circumstances i guess we really have enough reson to hope that the scudetto is reachable this year.i know that we had suffer a lot, and i did suffer!but i guess we shouldnt lose our optimism or else it wouldnt be good for the team as well- we have to be passionate and optimistic in credit of the team and the squad.wouldnt it be starnge if all the tifosis in the curva nord wouldnt be cheering the team up as they did before in hope of the championship???
so guys- my conclusion is that we should look proudly into the future, this team is strong and we know it.we have a coach who doesnt live in a fantasy world and is a realist, he works hard and so does the team. theres hardly a squad which can compete with inter regarding the current attitude.and we also do have the players who can change the game with a single effort...

·
Registered
831 Posts
personaly, i expected Inter to challenge for the title since the summer... i liked avery single buy Inter made (apart from binotto) even guly i thought it was a good buy (argentinan... good company for the CAPTIN:D )... also the fact that Inter's squad became younger with the selling of some oldies and the comback of Inter young dudes (kallon, ventola Zanetti..)... and more importantly the come back of the Great one R9.

now i still expect the Title since its with In our reach ... for me there is no reason why Roma or Juve should win it while Inter just watches them, If Inter dont win the title i would be disapointed since we have the players and coach to do so ... its true that next year should be a better year but still i think that Inter can win this years title if they can believe in it ... we are very similar to Juve : new coach, almost new squad ... the only difference is that juve think that they will do it .

in short my expectation for this season is to come out number ONE and also with a trophy called the UEFA cup in our other hand :cool:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Well when the Season started i thought that getting a Champions League spot was realistic but now since Inter are now in the race for the Scudetto they might as well go all out and try win the Championship:).If they dont it wont be that upsetting but maybe a bit dissapointing but next season will be the real Inter:).

My other expectation is that Inter go as far as they can in the Losers Cup<UefaCup>They have a good chance of winning it,so it would be nice to see Inter take home a trophy:).They havent been in the Trophy Room for 4 years and it;s getting a bit dusty:).

FORZA INTER

·
Registered
29 Posts
I expect a lot:D

1.Inter wins the title
I know it is not that easy,but it is not that difficult either.
look at our squad,everyone should be scared even Juven and Roma.And also,we have a excellent coach.
If we keep the form along,no one could stop our steps.

2.Ronaldo recovers to his best shape
if so,the 1st hope just becomes more easy,isnt it?
And 100%Vieri plus 100%Ronnie,what is the concept?
Just like two billion pounds nuclear bomb:D :D :D

3.Juven relegated
It is difficult even impossible, I admit.
But I pray for that:D :D :D

Maybe more ,I am thinking...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts