Well since La Liga and Serie A have threads :p

---------------------------Cech-----------------------------

Ferreira-------Carvalho-----------Campbell-----------Cole----

Ronaldo--------Gerrard-----------Malbranque---------Robben

------------------Van Nistelrooy-----Henry--------------------

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Just a question, I'm not bashing anybody or something now.

Has Ferreira been good? Because the few times I have seen him he hasn't impressed very much. And in the Euros he wan not good at all in my opinion.

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he's been superb. He had a really bad Euro by his standards but it's not like top class players haven't sucked in major tournaments before.

He gets up and down the field, is solid as a rock and (under Jose at least) has great discipline for an attacking full back as to choosing when to attack. Given that Chelsea don't have a natural right winger (until Joaquin perhaps signs) he's had to control a lot of the play down that side too.

And of course Chelsea have conceded an insanely low amount of goals this season.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Can Malbranque play center mdifield???? My team would be pretty much the same as yours except I have not been impressed at all with Ferreira, maybe replace him with Stephen Carr or Lauren or Volz? The Premiership is really lacking in any quality right backs IMO

---------------------------Cech-----------------------------

----?----------Carvalho-----------Campbell-----------Cole----

Ronaldo--------Gerrard--------------Vieira--------------Robben

------------------Van Nistelrooy-----Henry--------------------

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It's quite hard to choose just one EPL Dream Team:

------------------Cech----------------
P.Ferreira---Ferdinand---Campbell---Cole
Lampard-----Viera----Gerrard-----Robben
-------------Ronaldo-------------------
------------Ruud/Henry----------------

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
---------------Robinson--------------

--Johnson--Campbell--Terry--Heinze--

---SWP--Lampard--Parker--Pires-----

-------------------Robben----------

---------------RVN-----------------

Subs: Henry, Rooney, Gerrard, Ljunberg, Ferdinand, Bridge, Cech

SM - I think the whole world has a small amount of quality rightbacks, it seems a problem with a lot of the leagues. I agree with you about Ferriera, personally don't see much in him... allows crosses passed him far too easily.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Marc said:

SM - I think the whole world has a small amount of quality rightbacks, it seems a problem with a lot of the leagues. I agree with you about Ferriera, personally don't see much in him... allows crosses passed him far too easily.
lol, that one made me laught

-----------------cech--------------
lauren----ferdinand---cambell---cole
SWP----Vieira-------Lampard-----Pires
----------Henry-----RVN------------

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
P.Cech

J.Charragher
S.Campbell
G.Heinze

S.Wright-Phillips
F.Lampard
S.Gerrard
D.Duff

A.Robben

W.Rooney
M.Baros

No room for the van man I'm afraid to say...

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Petros said:
lol, that one made me laught
Erm why? We've mostly got the same players especially if you count the ones on the bench. Maybe because I picked Parker? (the guy who dominated Vieira playing out of position in the FA cup :p)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Marc said:
Erm why? We've mostly got the same players especially if you count the ones on the bench. Maybe because I picked Parker? (the guy who dominated Vieira playing out of position in the FA cup :p)
I think he laughed at you because you left out Thierry Henry in a EPL XI.

That's pretty much....insane.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
-----------------Niemi
Lauren---Campbell---Ferdinand----A.Cole
----------Gerrard----Vieira
SWP----------------------Robben
----------Henry---RVN

Subs: Given, King, Gallas, Lampard, Xabi Alonso, Reyes, Shearer.

8 Englishmen out of 16 is not bad.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
ronaldo9 said:
I think he laughed at you because you left out Thierry Henry in a EPL XI.

That's pretty much....insane.
But I have RVN? I went with a system that has a lone striker. I prefer RVN over Henry because Henry goes missing and isn't a pure striker, he wanders as part of his game. Which I don't want if I am playing a system with a lone striker. It would be silly to have him there roaming on the left side on his own. I would have Henry on the bench though if I wanted to go with two strikers. A couple of others don't have Henry in there set in stone either. One before I posted, one after. Why not address them as well? As for it being insane, I just don't buy into that. I have a fantasy league set up with several others, everyone of them have Henry... I do not. Guess who is on top?

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Marc said:

Henry on the bench is simply a joke, i wont even bother argueing with u about this. Robinson as keeper? Cech is much better, much much better. Johnson the best right back in the EPL?? and he isnt even in the chelsea team...? Parkers best cm in EPL, and not in chelsea team....? Robben i feel hasent been here long enough but i suppose that is ok.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Petros said:
Henry on the bench is simply a joke, i wont even bother argueing with u about this. Robinson as keeper? Cech is much better, much much better. Johnson the best right back in the EPL?? and he isnt even in the chelsea team...? Parkers best cm in EPL, and not in chelsea team....? Robben i feel hasent been here long enough but i suppose that is ok.
Based on what? You never bother arguing because you're not any good at it. Again, a lone striker system and Henry in my mind won't work. I want a tap in guy up front not some guy who goes off for a walkabout. That is not Henry, it simply isn't. If I was playing with 2 strikers, he would definitely be there. Robinson has been pulling out save after save and saving the blushes of Tottenham again and again, Cech however is VERY well protected. Stick Cudicini in there and they would look just as solid. He also made the bench, and I rate him more than Robinson (check the keeper thread in the europe forum) but at this moment Paul has shown more. Yeah, lets go with Lauren instead... how did he do tonight btw? Keep throwing your stones, I'll stand outside your glass house until you're ready to think.

I want a defencive midfielder who has more to his game. Who did you have... ah yes Vieira. Sorry, how did he do again tonight? Yeah, I want him in my team! I certainly don't understand why he is not in the Chelsea team nor Johnson as Ferrieira and Makalele for me have not been any better. Parker has put in better performances for sure. And Johnson was doing better last season than Ferriera is now IMO. Apart from those two though there is very little choice there at rightback. It is also a case of pairings. SWP and Johnson offer a lot of pace and ability to go past people on the right which balances out having Robben on the left.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Petros said:
also, on this site, i dont know which one u use, but most people use this one, henry has made the most points: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/transfers.mc
Yes, he has made a lot of points for the league I am in also. But the combination I use earn more overall. Again this isn't a slight on Henry, he is the best striker in the EPL and that is a FACT. But I don't think he would work in the system I used, you disagree, fine. If you want to lie to yourself and think he is an RVN type of striker, thats your choice. Again though, you didn't single out others who didn't automatically use Henry.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
--------------Cech--------------

G.Nev-----Rio-----Campbell----Cole

Ronaldo--Lampard--Gerrard--Robben

----------Henry-------------------

--------------------Ruud----------

I really didn't want to leave out Rooney or Reyes though. :(

1 - 20 of 78 Posts