Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a bit of fun. To not have like 4th division players what is the worst team you can compose of players who have played in big clubs!

----------------Dutruel-------------------

Abelardo--Christanval--Bogarde-Traore

Biscan--------Ivan Campo-----------Guly

-----------------Dugarry (at Milan and Barca)

----------Jancker--------Heskey-------------

I can't think of any worst strike force combination than that :howler:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Abelardo had a lot of great seasons for Barça.;)

One of la liga only, players that were great in their clubs, but when arrived to the big ones...:eek:

...............................................Bizarri (RMA)

Secretario (RMA).......Roberto Ríos(ATH)..Spassic(RMA)......Bogarde(BAR)

..................................Freddy Rincón (RMA)

Korneiev (BAR)...........Rambo Petkovic (RMA)...........Illie´s brother (VAL)

..................Tren Valencia (ATM)....Loco Abreu (DEP)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Txupa said:

One of la liga only, players that were great in their clubs, but when arrived to the big ones...:eek:

Korneiev (BAR)...........Rambo Petkovic (RMA)...........Illie´s brother (VAL)

Adrian Ilie's brother? :confused:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Txupa said:
Doesn´t he have a brother who played for Valencia?
Sabin Ilie? I am sure he has never left the Romanian league but he may have played for Valencia during my Romanian league hibernation period of 1999-2002. :)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Raven said:
Sabin Ilie? I am sure he has never left the Romanian league but he may have played for Valencia during my Romanian league hibernation period of 1999-2002. :)
Yes he played for Valencia. I'm pretty sure. :)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Prince-O said:
Yes he played for Valencia. I'm pretty sure. :)
He's shit! What was he doing there in the first place? :confused:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:

Korneiev (BAR)...........Rambo Petko........MA)...........Illie´s brother (VAL)

This team is "great", the bench would be: Vitor Baia, Enke, Christanval, Petit, Ogjenovic (?), Javi Moreno, Marcelino (in Newcastle),...

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Txupa said:
Korneiev (BAR)
Rambo Petkovic (RMA)
Korneev for a while actually did pretty well at Feyenoord and Rambo Petkovic went on to Brazil where he got chosen best player 2 years in a row, not a small thing IMO. But I agree that his Real period will sadly never be remembered as a positive spell in his career. His injury had something to do with it though.

And yes Sabin Ilie played for Valencia for a while.

BTW What was Spasic's full name Txupa, if you remember?

On my list I'd at least put Ivan Gabrich (Ajax), Frank de Boer (Gala) and some of Feyenoord's flop signings like Glaucio (also known as Karate Kid 4), Pablo Sanchez, Bustos Montoya, vb Berg, De Nooijer. When I think of how many crappy players we've signed, it gets me angry! :fero:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Drulo said:

BTW What was Spasic's full name Txupa, if you remember?
I think his name is Pedrag... but not sure, he was bald and he played in the early 90s in Osasuna and in Real Madrid. I recall an own goal in a Barça-Real Madrid with the head... really beautiful. :D I think he played in the Italy 90 WC with Yugoslavia.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Yeah Pedrag Spasic became famous with that own goal.:D I remember Korneiev had a fantastic game for Barça, I think it was a derby against Espanyol, everyone started talking about him, a new star and blablabla... that´s all what he did for Barça, he never played at that level again.

Koeman4 said:
This team is "great", the bench would be: Vitor Baia, Enke, Christanval, Petit, Ogjenovic (?), Javi Moreno, Marcelino (in Newcastle),...
There are so many! and so "good"!:D especially the first years of the Bosman law clubs started signing a lot of foreign players who they hadn´t actually seen playing,:eek: some really bad. Others, were great in their clubs but had problems adaptinng. And others were signed because they had a cool lastname, as Ilie´s brother for Valencia or Kanú´s brother for Alavés or all the Sanz saga in Madrid.

I could open a special section for Real Sociedad: Pürk, Peiremans, Arif, Yaw "achimpún", Cvitanovic, Txefe Guerrero, Corino, Bonilla, Luis García, Mild, Kübhauer, Asper, Demetradze...:howler:

Barça also has some cool ones eh Koeman?

Okunowo, Eskurza, Busquets, Sánchez Jara, Carreras, ¿Escaich?, Prosinecki, Dutruel, Geovanni, Hughes, Zenden, Amunike, Lopetegi, Ciric, Alfonso, R. de Boer, Babangida... and the ones you mentioned...

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Drulo said:
When I think of how many crappy players we've signed, it gets me angry! :fero:
Indeed :fero: :(

Might as well make a team of the flops Feyenoord have signed:

---------------Petry-------------

Picun-vd Berg-de Nooijer-Graff

Leonardo 2-Glaucio-Sanchez-Demetradze

---Somalia-----Vidmar----------

Subs:Geoffrey Claeys, Tati Montoya, Tomek Iwan, Henk Vos, Bernhard Schuiteman, Clemens Zwijnenberg

My word, they're useless! Sanchez actually still managed to score 15 odd goals in his first season but the rest are just horrible :dazed:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
David said:
He's never got a real chance yet you put him in your shitty eleven. :rolleyes: Sabin Ilie is not as good as his brother but he's OK.
Do you think he was a good signing for Valencia?
Do you think he would have sign for Valencia if his brother wasn´t one of the stars of the team at that time?

·
Registered
69,668 Posts
Txupa said:
Do you think he was a good signing for Valencia?
Do you think he would have sign for Valencia if his brother wasn´t one of the stars of the team at that time?
That´s not a question for us. You can ask Valencia board: why the hell did Valencia buy Sabin, Serban or Gabi Popescu? And they didn´t gave them a real chance (especially Serban).

No hagamos siempre culpables a los futbolistas; los dirigentes tienen mucho que ver.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The one's who know a little of portuguese soccer will laugh out loud at this team

Baston(spanish former Chaves player)GK
Gary Charles(english former Benfica player)RB
Steve Harkness(english former Benfica player)LB
Nené(Brazilian former Sporting player)CB
Macheiridis(Greek former Benfica player)CB
Lipcsei(hungarian former FC Porto player)DMC
Michael Thomas(english former Benfica player)DMC
Carlos Miguel(brazilian former Sporting Player)AMC
Ahmed Ouattara( from Ivory Coast former Sporting and Salgueiros player)SC
Missé-Missé(cameroonian former sporting player)SC
Pringle(swedish former benfica player)SC

so but so bad.....

:howler:

·
Administrator
24,843 Posts
Balakov10 said:
The one's who know a little of portuguese soccer will laugh out loud at this team

Baston(spanish former Chaves player)GK
Gary Charles(english former Benfica player)RB
Steve Harkness(english former Benfica player)LB
Nené(Brazilian former Sporting player)CB
Macheiridis(Greek former Benfica player)CB
Lipcsei(hungarian former FC Porto player)DMC
Michael Thomas(english former Benfica player)DMC
Carlos Miguel(brazilian former Sporting Player)AMC
Ahmed Ouattara( from Ivory Coast former Sporting and Salgueiros player)SC
Missé-Missé(cameroonian former sporting player)SC
Pringle(swedish former benfica player)SC

so but so bad.....

:howler:
u forgot to mention the coach...graeme sounness, benfica:D
he did pick all those players of ours :D

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
GICA said:
That´s not a question for us. You can ask Valencia board: why the hell did Valencia buy Sabin, Serban or Gabi Popescu? And they didn´t gave them a real chance (especially Serban).

No hagamos siempre culpables a los futbolistas; los dirigentes tienen mucho que ver.
They were probably signed because Adrian´s signing was a great discovery for Valencia. They thought those 3 could end up being something similar, but they weren´t..

They probably didn´t have enough chances to see their real level but I do rememeber Sabin playing for Valencia and he had nothing in common with his brother, we could also discuss that in a team as Valencia you have to give a good level since the first day and I also suppose the coach saw them in the trainings..

I don´t know how was Sabin in other clubs, I put him in the list because he was a bad signing for Valencia, the same as other players I put who were/are great in other clubs. Bizarri for example is doing very well in Valladolid or Roberto Rios who was great for Betis.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts