Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well seeing as the forum has been prettty slow lately, i've took it upon myself to ask everyone a question!
From your home country, in your own domestic league, who do you think is the best player?
Like in the SPL i think Kris Boyd is head and shoulders above anyone else in the league, of course i am a Rangers fan and i probably would say that, but he's got 17 goals in 17 in the league and 20 in 21 overall this season..
I know Josh really likes Teko Modise in South Africa, and i've heard he's damn good before.. so who do you think is the best player in your country's top division?? And would you like to see them with Parma? :D

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Definitely Marc Janko.
Tall striker of Red Bull Salzburg who already scored 30 goals this season and is on top in the golden boot ranking...
And I surely would like to see him in Parma but this wont happen now since he has a lot of better offers in the moment.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Are we talking nationality or domestic league?

Canadian: Julian de Guzman, Deportivo la Coruna, voted MVP of Deportivo last season

Domestic: Guillermo Barros Schelotto, Columbus Crew, ex. Boca Juniors star, MLS MVP 2008

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are we talking nationality or domestic league?

Canadian: Julian de Guzman, Deportivo la Coruna, voted MVP of Deportivo last season

Domestic: Guillermo Barros Schelotto, Columbus Crew, ex. Boca Juniors star, MLS MVP 2008
Yeah from your own domestic league. :)

Marc Janko is ridiculous really, didn't he have a serious injury last season and he was nearly finished?
We were linked with him last month, but there's no chance of it ever happening :(

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
No. Kris Boyd is not the best Scottish player. Good Heavens no. He's a good goal scorer but he's not a particularly exciting footballer, he's a poacher.

Frankly I have no idea who the answer of the answer, the SPL holds literally no interest to me these days.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he is, he isn't a complete player, but for what he does.. he's miles above anyone else in Scotland.
Sure, i think Scott Brown is a much more complete player, and is very dynamic.. as is Barry Ferguson, and Aiden McGeady.. but i think Boyd is the only one who you know will do his job every single game, every single season.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Dunno if you guys will have heard of him but there's this pretty good Portuguese winger who plays domestically in my home country, Cristiano Ronaldo.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Yeah from your own domestic league. :)

Marc Janko is ridiculous really, didn't he have a serious injury last season and he was nearly finished?
We were linked with him last month, but there's no chance of it ever happening :(
Never say never...
Yeah Janko was injured and didnt even make it to the EURO 2008 squad even if he was fit until then.
Anyway, this is HIS season and today he officially told the media that he wants to leave Salzburg this winter campaign...
Blackburn, Tottenham and Ajax seem the most likely destinations, but everything is possible.

·
Registered
639 Posts
None,it's humiliating that no Chinese player is good enough to be named,cause they are all craps.
Maybe someone heard of Zhengzhi,who played for Charlton this season,but his fame is negligible

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
None for mine as well.. Garbage + Corrupted Legaue with shit players. I exclude foreign players taking up citizenship, as to me, they are not Singaporeans. Anyway, they are lousy as well.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Frey,what do u think about Wang Dalei,GK?Is he good enough?
:eek:It's unbelievable that You know "Wang Dalei" !!I wonder how you heard of this name?

To make a long story short,(I'm not the same as Chinese sports journalists,who are almost fanfarons.)
When Wang Dalei was young(though now he is still young),he was this--:thumbsup:
And now he is like this--:ass:
Sometime he made incredible saves,but most of time he is a "strainer" with unkemptness.
I remember last year Chinese media said that Wang would go for Parma on trial.What a big joke!I think there would be a mistake in comprehension between the words"goalkeeper"and"doorman",cause Wang looks more like a "doorman" than "goalkeeper".

·
Registered
290 Posts
:),to be honest, I found him on FM a few years ago.He was one of very good young GK and also a very hot prospect.Than I also heard of him when I read about Chinese Superleague,because there are lots of ex Yu players there.I think Shanghai won your league with Ljubisa Tumbakovic as coach,didn't he:smileani:?So,Dalei is crap this days,I hoped for him as Parma new GK:smileani:.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Let's return to the topic:),talking about best player with Montenegrin nationality,Mirko Vucinic from Roma is really the best,also Stevan Jovetic from Fiorentina is close.From Montenegrin league, I vote for Fatos Beciraj,Buducnost Podgorica powerfull forward.He scored 11 goals in this season campaign and really makes difference.I don't know is he Parma quality really,but I think Parma scouts should have eye on him.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
The Swedish league is rather dull and I don't follow it. We have some older players there. Henrik Larsson can be said to be the best, but he's 37 years old. Anders Svensson is another 30+ who is top 5 in the league. Among the younger ones we have three Elm brothers in the champions from Kalmar. Viktor Elm is probably the best right now but I think he's moving to the dutch league now... His older brother David and his younger brother Rasmus are also very good. Rasmus is said to have the most talent.

So maybe Rasmus Elm, born 1988, could be something for Parma in the future? :)

Another promising player is Robin Söder of IFK Gothenburg. He's born in 1991.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah Robin Soder is a striker isn't he? I've heard of him, he's only 17

·
Registered
639 Posts
:),to be honest, I found him on FM a few years ago.He was one of very good young GK and also a very hot prospect.Than I also heard of him when I read about Chinese Superleague,because there are lots of ex Yu players there.I think Shanghai won your league with Ljubisa Tumbakovic as coach,didn't he:smileani:?So,Dalei is crap this days,I hoped for him as Parma new GK:smileani:.
There is a mistake,not Shanghai won the title but Shandong did.And if you have a chance to glance at our League,you'll see Tumba's team did't deserve this champion at all.
End CSL talk,this league sucks!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah Messi is unreal, i love Real Madrid, but Messi is a genius..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts