Xtratime Community banner

Your countries top 5 talent

29K views 236 replies 150 participants last post by  TTM 
#1 ·
OK here goes, I want all of you to make your countries top 5 talent so I can see the quality coming out of each country
They have to be U21
Italy
1. Cassano (U21)
2. Boriello (U21)
3. Lodi (U19)
4. Bonera (U21)
5. Della Rocca (U19)

Also Diego Maradona JR, but never seen him play, so cant really say.

#2 ·
England:

1) Wayne Rooney - he's extremely overrated but still our best young talent.
2) Jermaine Jenas
3) Chris Kirkland - although he hasnt had first team footy till recently, hes great and will be our #1 for years.
4) James Milner - haven't seen much of him but what i have seen and heard, he will be a superb player.
5) Michael Dawson - Notts Forest defender, hes already been training with the England first team and also rumoured to be wanted by Liverpool.

theres loads more but none that i think will be world class superstars like Spain, France, Italy and Brazil have coming through.

#3 ·
Holland:

1. Rafael van der Vaart (19) Attacking Midfielder Left/Centre
2. Arjen Robben (18) Forward Left/Centre
3. Nigel de Jong (18) Defender Left, Right, Centre
4. Robin van Persie (19) Forward Left/Centre
5. Maarten Stekelenburg (20) Goalkeeper

1, 3 & 5: Ajax
2: PSV
4: Feyenoord

#4 ·
Sweden:

1. Zlatan
2. Kim Källström
3. Alexander Farnerud
4. Andreas Isaksson
5. Johan Elmander

G
#7 ·
Ad_Robbo said:
theres loads more but none that i think will be world class superstars like Spain, France, Italy and Brazil have coming through.
And what makes you think that? You've got to stop underating our players, and stop overating foreign players.

Maybe if they had latin names you'd start rating them higher :rolleyes:

#12 ·
yugoslavia:

1. Nemanja Vidic - red star belgrade
Danko Lazovic - Partizan
Marjan Markovic - red star belgrade
Gvozdenovic - red star belgrade (not sure of age)
Milovanovic - red star belgrade

too many to name and put in order, Vidic is no. 1 but after that it's debatable, the top players are a little older but these are the the top U 21's , with some 18 or younger. Vidic is already being linked to Man Utd and Real Madrid.

#14 ·
LFC Dom said:
:howler: :howler: :howler: I'm wondering how much European football you watch. Not much by the sounds of it! :howler: :howler: :howler:
So how many young english talents play for United, Arsenal and Newcastle?

We all saw what Liverpool did with all their "super talents"... :tongue:

#16 · (Edited)
FRANCE

- Philippe Mexes (20 years old)
- Djibril Cissé (21 years old)
- Mourad Meghni (19 years old)
- Le Tallec (17 years old)
- Sinama Pongolle (17 years old)

Hard call as remain Kapo, Boumsong, Landreau, Govou, Frau, Pedretti and so on... all of them can become world class.

Reactions: Jeffrey
#21 ·
USA

Landon Donovan
Damarcus Beasley
Santino Quaranta
Ed Johnson
Kyle Martino

* Freddy Adu 13 year old phenom that has all the buzz going on about him here in the states. He was offered $ 750,000 by inter milan last year to joing their youth sqaud he turned it down.

#23 ·
There has been a few different stories as too why it was turned down. The most consistant was that his mother turned it down, but he also said he wanted to have a childhood. However I honestly think that the USSF had a small role in the whole ordeal as well. Either way the USSF would rather seem him in MLS in the next 2-3 years then in some youth squad abroad

#24 ·
Watch out for Bastian Schweinsteiger, 18 year old Bayern Munich prospect. For a german, this guy has outstanding dribbling and ballhandling skills, and though originally he is a defensive mid he was substituted as an offensive winger in some Bundesliga- and CL-matches by Hitzfeld.
This guy seems to have a bright future as dribblers like him are not seen very often in Germany...

#175 ·
Good call, Rothose.

#25 ·
My Romanian preferences:

(no particular order)

Radoi (Steaua Bucharest)
Rat (Rapid Bucharest)
Grigorie (Dinamo Bucharest)
Ovidiu Petre (National Bucharest,near to Ajax)
Ghioane (Dynamo Kiev)

They are all U21...but there are more players who can appear in this list.