Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In any given time the most contested starting XI is arguably the Brazilian National team's Seleção. With new players coming and going, and players in leagues with new money like Russia- Are we missing a talent? Is there a Brazilian that you feel MUST be in the squad? Just post your starting XI-

(In an effort to increase activity, I'm posting this on my sig, and hoping others do the same.)

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As of today, 19/9/11:

-------------JC
D Alves--Lucio--TSilva---Marcelo
-----Lucas------Sandro
---------Hernanes
Neymar----------Robinho
---------Damião

yes, Robinho... I know... but I think in that system the whole team would be good enough to make his best come out

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
As of today, 19/9/11:

-------------JC
D Alves--Lucio--TSilva---Marcelo
-----Lucas------Sandro
---------Hernanes
Neymar----------Robinho
---------Damião

yes, Robinho... I know... but I think in that system the whole team would be good enough to make his best come out
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I like this. I think even with Robinho this is probably the strongest lineup: perfect experience (Lucio, Robinho) with youthful flair (Neymar, Damiao) and players who want to prove themselves (Hernanes, Marcelo). Sounds like a winning strategy :happy::thumbsup:

My PERSONAL (biased) team is this...

Also a half baked experiment...

Don't know how realistic this could be, but it looks fun :D

But I agree most with your team. It makes 100% sense to me.

EDIT: I forgot about Arouca. I have loved this guy for many many years and he is probably my favorite Brazilian player in Brazil. My biased team should have him in it instead of Lucas.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Julio Cesar

Dani Alves - Thiago Silva - David Luiz - Marcelo

Sandro - Hernanes
Ganso

Hulk -------- Neymar
Damiao​

·
Registered
564 Posts
---------------- Julio Cesar------------
Dani Alves --- Thiago Silva --- David Luiz --- Marcelo
---------------- Lucas Leiva -------------
--------- Hernanes ---- Ramires--------
---- Kaka ---------------- Neymar-------
----------------- Damiao --------------

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Funny everyone has Hernanes on the "right now" starting 11 - I assume noone here watchs Lazio?

The man is playing some of the most pathetic football i've seen from him. actually funny how when he's playing like one of the best MFs in the world he gets snubbed, but when he's at the worst form of his life he gets called up :howler:

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
I don't give much regard to how a player is performing at club level. I'd be more interested in his personal abilities and talent and how he gets along with his compatriots.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
In Brazil's current NT the players usually preform worst in it then in club level tho.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
That's why we're trying to find the best XI that doesn't include the current players :D No Ronaldinho Beckham or Renato Augusuckto :yuck: :thmbdown:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Funny everyone has Hernanes on the "right now" starting 11 - I assume noone here watchs Lazio?

The man is playing some of the most pathetic football i've seen from him. actually funny how when he's playing like one of the best MFs in the world he gets snubbed, but when he's at the worst form of his life he gets called up :howler:
Typical Mano Menezes, at least he called Borges at the right time.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
I'm surprised this thread isn't more popular. Anyway, I revised my Olympic team to this...

The defense is the most worrisome part for me, that's why I included all 3 overage players there. Who does Brazil have for CB in alternative to someone like Lucio or Thiago Silva? Neuton? Welinton? I don't know enough about them to rate them. I'm also not so sure about Fabio at LB...

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Bruno Cortes is not in Olympic age, Danilo is not a rightback. but I like the looks of it in general - obviously a bit wider tho.

David Luiz over Lucio to build the partnership with Thiago Silva, Marcelo over Cortes as the 3rd overage player he's the starting LB and is gonna be in the future too so it's good he has chemistry with the CBs and the team in general too, and whoever else at RB over Danilo who because of the 18 men squad and versatility will be cover to both CM and both FB spots - not alot of options but right now i'd say either Rafael or Fagner from Vasco assuming they will not call Mario Fernandes up after his fiasco.

Still not sure if Ganso or Oscar should start - or even Firmino and Guiliano whichever one get called up(doubt both will sadly), depending on Ganso's health and how he return from his injury... in his firm since the Copa America he doesn't deserve to.

I'm also not that positive Lucas is better then say Douglas Costa in this stage of thier career cause Lucas like I always say is not there yet and doesn't really know what he's doing on the pitch right now, but cause of what he can be and his potential and possibly key role in 2014 he's fine starting.

Bench:
Neto
Rafael Toloi
Danilo
Fernando
Oscar
Douglas Costa
Pato

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts

people in brazil love him because mano didn't called him to the NT. he's slow and exploitable. He was a good volante early in his career but then stopped defending well and was moved to the #10 position. and there he simply is not good enough to be in the NT. But most brazilian journalists are clueless regarding european football so they believe playing as a #5 or #10 is the same shit...

Oh and he's very exploitable. I feel mano's pain by having to use him since in his days in Corinthians he won almost all games against hernanes' team (which was better) just by putting our volantes (elias/christian/jucilei)to mark him then attack on his back.

I imagine him thinking: "damn! this guy was the weak spot on my opponent's midfield and I'm basically obliged to call him otherwise I lose my job"

That's why it's very hard as **** to be the NT coach in brazil...

Anyway the solution is to use him against good teams so people will stop calling him the "savior" (yeh, the morons at our press treat him as the savior for the brazilian midfield).

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Still not sure if Ganso or Oscar should start - or even Firmino and Guiliano whichever one get called up(doubt both will sadly), depending on Ganso's health and how he return from his injury... in his firm since the Copa America he doesn't deserve to.

I'm also not that positive Lucas is better then say Douglas Costa in this stage of thier career cause Lucas like I always say is not there yet and doesn't really know what he's doing on the pitch right now, but cause of what he can be and his potential and possibly key role in 2014 he's fine starting.

yeh, lucas seems pretty lost, same for casemiro, actually worse because he can't just score a goal out of nowhere then do nothing in the following 90 minutes. The only thing I like about lucas is that he doesn't lose many goals.

Casemiro just lost his position on SP and he have to fight for a spot in the bench... He's acting like he's already a legend, also forgot he was a volante first and foremost, I'm afraid we'll lose a potentially great volante that knows how to play with the ball to gain a mediocre AM(happens all the time in Brazil).

But that could be 'cause they were coached by a classified MORON so let's give them time to shine next year.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
yup I agree about Casemiro aswell. his talent and potential is the only thing that put him on this side for me like Lucas although Casemiro's case is even worst.

He's too nonshalant and lazy - and the annoying thing is he already showed and prooved he can be completely the opposite if he set his mind to it..he fell inlove with the offensive side of the pitch sadly.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
he had poor coaches thats why both in the NT and Club, at least Ney Franco did a better job with him and now Mano will ruin the Olympic team.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
thats why I said he has to move to Europe 6 months ago or more. he needs guidance and someone he will actually listen to.

Doubt that will happen in Brazil.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
yeh, he got the whole package but he's too lazy... it seems he doesn't really care...

He played great until he got a big raise from SP after he did well in the u20 tournament(he was getting paid like 6k/month) then he probably thought to himself: "damn, I'm pro now. Gonna party"

Too bad.

Also I disagree with your last post. In europe the coaches wouldn't care to develop him as a volante, they would play him like an AM.

He's not good enough to be an AM for the NT, but he would be a great volante in the NT if he decides to learn the position.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts