Xtratime Community banner

Your biggest personal disappointment re: Roma in 2004?

• Losing scudetto to Milan

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Losing Capello

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Losing Samuel

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Our summer transfer campaign

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Losing Prandelli

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Injuries like Chivu/Tomassi

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • CL performances/elimination

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Incidents at Olimpico like cancelled derby, Frisk, violence

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's hard to single out one, but what would it be and please explain....Don't just say, our general spot in the standings, and please name one if it is not listed in the poll. I did my best to come up with some choices.
I've always said that Tomassi's injury crushed me the most. You?
What broke your :broken: this year ?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Going with the popular choice but losing capello and the manner in which he left espeically, he seems to have gone and pulled the carpet from under our feet as he went. If that makes sense.

Although maybe losing the scudetto lead to everything else...

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Losing Capello was by far the most influental thing to occur, but it was not the thing to disappoint me the most. I may be speaking with the benefit of hindsight now, but in this light, what he did hardly seems uncharacteristic. So a great disappointment, yes. Biggest? No.

I'm a little uncertain to what Primo means with losing lo scudetto to Milan. I think he meant that final heartbreak at San Siro, which was hard to take, granted, but even more so looking at the bigger picture. We came out of a tremendous fall of 2003 and embarking on 2004 I don't think anyone would have challenged the notion that Roma were pretty much unstoppable. I couldn't really see Roma falling from grace in the matter which she did during the spring at that point, the prospect just didn't exist for me. But that whole thing was so dragged out, it was suffering for a good couple of months only occasionally interrupted by a positive result like Vs Juve or Inter.

Losing Prandelli, for me, was the single hardest punch to the stomach. It came in an instant, completely without warning and left me shocked both for the fact that the relaunch of Roma and the project was completely halted without anyone being able to affect it and for the fact that I suffered for Prandelli as a man and his family. If that hadn't happened, we would be no where near where we are today, that I am sure of.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
For me, when Samuel went to Madrid, i really loved that guy:( Cap's departure has certainly been the most influential, but at the time, frankly, i was delighted he was going.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Losing Samuel for me too. Some of the others may've been more important for the club, but for me personally losing Samuel was a huge blow.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
losing the scudetto and Totti getting banned from the Euro's.

with regards to the team this year i think losing Capello is the biggest problem, im not disappointed with him as im very angry with who he left us for.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
BTW,Great topic,Primo. :thmbup:
I would have to vote for losing Prandelli.After Capello had made his mind to leave and he is NOT a manager who can do things without spending millions and buying great players,an event that we could no longer continue as the club was undergoing a cost-saving exercise,I feel losing Prandelli slid us into a downward slope.I feel that he may have brought the best out of our players,and using a 4-2-3-1 formation which he used at Parma,we may be in a total different situation than we presently find ourselves.We also bought Ferrari who has been a disaster so far;he may have helped settle the player into the team.Also,the nervousness and tension of our players may NOT have surfaced without all the upheaval of changing coaches since Prandelli resigned.I am not for one minute saying we could have been top of the league,though with our squad of players,third place could well have been ours just now.Sometimes having a disciplined pre-season gives you a head start,and with Prandelli leaving at that stage,its set us back months.My main worry now is that I am quite convinced Del Neri cannot pull it around. :depress:

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
The shock of Capello leaving and going to Juve no less.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Lowest lows probably the 0-0's in Ancona and Reggio.

Going out of Uefa Cup against Villarreal because of Capello's s*it security tactics in the first leg wasn't to great either.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
The reason you guys are shit now is because you sold Samuel and Emerson! They were defensively everything you had! Both world class players! You cant win with only Totti and Cassano, you need players like Emerson and Samuel. Perotta and Mexes arent anywhere near the quality of them two!

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Dragging my ass down to Rome to watch a derby and end up in the middle of a civil war between Nazis or whatever some people in Curva nord are, Facists and the police.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Biggest dissapointment is Ferrari. I have high hopes for him and I still do. He will be fine but I was hoping him to show his consistently right off the bat.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
Biggest dissapointment is Ferrari. I have high hopes for him and I still do. He will be fine but I was hoping him to show his consistently right off the bat.
I agree.Sometimes,I think Parma sent us a Fiat instaed of Ferrari. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts