Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mine: Edu

and this is why: i remember when he first came to arsenal and there was quite a few hype about him, and our 2 brazilians silvinho. then one game vs boro i think it was, silvinho and edu scored one goals. we lost. after that i edu didnt, or not at all appear in EPL games for a LONG time. hardly ever seen him. just gone, he must of felt bad i reckon, some bad luck. however during the time i didnt see him, he never whinged about playing, he didnt want a transfer or loan, ( you constantly hear unhappy players at clubs etc these days) but edu stuck it out. and afterwards, slowly emerged again and we saw the reason why we bought him. accurate passing, and good free kicks, he is a skilled player, although not the most integral part of arsenal, he is nonetheless, a important part of arsenal.

thank you edu :star:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Edu and Ralph are the two contenders ;)

Edu,yes very accurate passing and is developing a dribbling ability,can open teams up far better than Gilberto,decent defending as well,never ever complains and sees the Arsenal as his "family" ;)

Ralph,gets questioned over his defensive ability and does go asleep on occasions but he's sound most days,the best footballing full back in the EPL is probably because he is a midfielder,we shouldn't forget playing at full back isn't his choice but he never complains either,just gets on with it,the coolest customer at the club,completely calm unless Ruud Van MissedtwopensagainstJens upsets him. :cool:

·
63,337 Posts
EDU had another stormer against Boro,and scored another goal,even though Mendieta tried to stop him with a cynical stamp,Edu came back stronger than ever in the second half. ;)

Edu deserves to play with Paddy now,he has shone in almost every game this year.

oh and he never complains y'know :D

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Edu and Ralph are the two contenders ;)

Edu,yes very accurate passing and is developing a dribbling ability,can open teams up far better than Gilberto,decent defending as well,never ever complains and sees the Arsenal as his "family" ;)

Ralph,gets questioned over his defensive ability and does go asleep on occasions but he's sound most days,the best footballing full back in the EPL is probably because he is a midfielder,we shouldn't forget playing at full back isn't his choice but he never complains either,just gets on with it,the coolest customer at the club,completely calm unless Ruud Van MissedtwopensagainstJens upsets him. :cool:
i love the way both of these man play tho they are both great

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jern Lizardhous said:
EDU had another stormer against Boro,and scored another goal,even though Mendieta tried to stop him with a cynical stamp,Edu came back stronger than ever in the second half. ;)

Edu deserves to play with Paddy now,he has shone in almost every game this year.

oh and he never complains y'know :D
you saw him sticking up for ashly cole vs anelka right?

edu came in and shoved anelka off

your a star edu :star:

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Kolo Toure

Able to play anywhere outfield with excellence, yet does not get the credit he deserves outside the Arsenal camp.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Edu and Kolo are underrated IMO out of Arsenal, they play well, and I think Kolo is pretty good playing central and right defence, and I was even thinking that in 10 years or so he may be an Arsenal captain (one match I watched, he just seemed to give me that impression, dunno why).
As for Edu, he has stuck with Arsenal for a long time, not reqeusting transfer or loan deals, and hopefully Wenger will reward him for his patience and hard work.

·
63,337 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
Kolo Toure

Able to play anywhere outfield with excellence, yet does not get the credit he deserves outside the Arsenal camp.
he doesn't get much ,but that is changing,he was a guest on On the ball this week,he is slowly getting the credit he deserves. :cool:

with the Arsenal fans he is universally loved like a son,has won 2 player of the month awards,and behind Henry is our top performer this year.

·
63,337 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
you saw him sticking up for ashly cole vs anelka right?

edu came in and shoved anelka off

your a star edu :star:

yes great to see that, standing his ground for his smaller pal ;)

I doubt Anelka would have grabbed Lehmann round the face like that,it was quite cowardly from the sulky Frenchman,he knows Lehmann would have ripped his head off. :D

Gunnerkk welcome mate ;)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
i have 3....
1. edu
2. lehman
3. parlour

well to be honest ive wanted edu or parlour to start ahead of gilberto for ages now, and wenger just cant read my mind. how sad.

edu really should be playing week in and week out and should be in the national side by now.

lehman really deserves a pat on the back, remember he is taking over from a gunner legend and its prob the hardest job ever. and he has done really well, yet ppl have been out to get him and have constantly linked arsenal with a new keeper.

parlour, has been brilliant whenever he has played.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts