Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of line-up would you do if you were coach and all the players were fit?

If I had to play against an agressive team, I would play with this;
Code:
           Valdes

Belletti Puyol Marquez Sylvinho

Edmilson    Motta

Deco 
                  Ronaldinho
      Giuly
           Larsson
Sylvinho's brilliant crosses, 2 defensive midfielders, more room for Deco as a playmaker and NO OLEGUER :jester: Also no Xavi because this is meant as an agressive line-up. I choose Larsson over Eto'o here because I think Larsson suits this line-up better.

If I had to play against a very defensive team, I would play with this;

Code:
           Valdes

Puyol Marquez
Belletti                Gio
          Edmilson

Deco 
   Giuly        Ronaldinho

Eto'o  Larsson
Gio's powerfull shots on goal and an extra man (Eto'o) instead of Motta to torment the opponents defensive. Xavi could be used to give accurate passes to the attackers, but there's no room for him in this line-up, maybe I underrate him, but I think all players in front of Edmilson in this line-up are better then Xavi, so sorry :hangover:

Now what kind of line-ups would you do? (This is just fantasy, but against teams like Villarreal I'd like to play with a different line-up :) )

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes it seems that we are always playing the same formation no matter what. I guess you can blame all the injuries for part of that since at the moment there isn't really much room for flexibility

·
Registered
88 Posts
Given the available players, how about this:
Code:
                Valdes

Belletti   Puyol    Oleguer   Sylvinho 

Xavi    Marquez     Gio

Deco   Ronaldinho 

Eto'o

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, it would strenghten us defensive.. No Giuly but well, he isn't play up to par recently.. I would do that if Giuly wasn't fit, but if he was I would put him in place of Deco, put Deco where Gio is, put Gio where Marquez is and put Marquez where Oleguer is, then we get rid of f*cking Oleguer!!!1

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
How about this?

------------- Roman ------------
Roman - Roman - Roman - Roman
------------- Roman -------------
--------- Roman - Roman --------
---- Roman - Roman - Roman ----

He was the only Barcelona player on the pitch tonite.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about this?

sell Ronaldinho - bye best player of the world
sell Marquez - bye better defender, welcome oleguer
sell Eto'o - bye pichichi

hi riquelme

(we would need to sell or loan out one of them in order to get riquelme into our team sorry)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Barcawinner said:
How about this?

sell Ronaldinho - bye best player of the world
sell Marquez - bye better defender, welcome oleguer
sell Eto'o - bye pichichi

hi riquelme

(we would need to sell or loan out one of them in order to get riquelme into our team sorry)
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The rules for latin-americans is that they have lived at least 2 years in Spain to be eligable for an EU-passport. You do the math. Would've been sweet to see Roman and Ronaldinho combining. Something like this:

---------------Valdes----------
Belletti----Marquez--Puyol---Gio
------Xavi---Edmilson--Deco---
--------Roman----Ronaldinho---
--------------Eto'o------------

I wonder how that would've worked out. The Energizer bunnies Belletti and Gio gives ample width. Similar to Milan's 4-3-2-1 formation...Oh well, just a thought, a little dream, in the formation thread. :)

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fargo, it takes 1 year after you applied for that passport to actually get it. Riquelme as far as I know hasn't applied and Ronnie, Eto'o and Marquez can apply this summer. You do the math. :tongue:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Get the FU(KIN Oleguer and Guily out of the team, Get Luis Garcia back and bring bojinov

unfortunatly we dont have anyone in the place of Oleguer because marquez is our DM right now. we need a strong DM , fielding xavi or gio at DM wont do us any good :nono:

-------------------Valdes----------------------
-belletti-----Puyol---------Oleguer-----Sylvinho-
------------------Marquez---------------------
-----------Xavi------------Gio-----------------
-----Deco-------------------------Ronaldinho--
------------------Eto`o-----------------------

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Fargo, it takes 1 year after you applied for that passport to actually get it. Riquelme as far as I know hasn't applied and Ronnie, Eto'o and Marquez can apply this summer. You do the math. :tongue:
How do you know how long each process takes? Is this set in stone? Do you know if Riquelme has applied or do you just assume? If you don't know, why bother? I read the other day in Marca that Daniel Alves was going to apply for the passport in february and expected to have the passport before next season. When did Belletti apply? Or Sylvinho? I'm sure things can be worked out, just like things got worked out for us right at the deadline for this season.

Neither you or I know what's going to happen with the EU-passports status, so we can leave it with that. In the meantime, Riquelme is in my team if I were the manager. :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

looks good to me :D

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fargo said:
How do you know how long each process takes? Is this set in stone? Do you know if Riquelme has applied or do you just assume? If you don't know, why bother? I read the other day in Marca that Daniel Alves was going to apply for the passport in february and expected to have the passport before next season. When did Belletti apply? Or Sylvinho? I'm sure things can be worked out, just like things got worked out for us right at the deadline for this season.

Neither you or I know what's going to happen with the EU-passports status, so we can leave it with that. In the meantime, Riquelme is in my team if I were the manager. :)
I would be glad if Riquelme came to Barcelona for next season, but I just don't see it happening. Why I think its 1 year? Because I've read it several times in articles on EMD website. There was talk about letting our 3 non-EU players apply for a Spanish passport this summer and then they would get it by the summer after that so we could buy 3 more non-EU players.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I'm no Barca fan, but this would be my formation:

----------------------Valdes----------------------
---Belletti------Puyol---------Marquez----Sylvinho-
----------------------Edmilson--------------------
--------------Xavi-------------Deco---------------
-------Giuly------------------------Ronaldinho-----
----------------------Pichichi----------------------

As a rival fan, this would be the most intimidating Barcelona line-up for me to face, in my opinion of course.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Fargo said:
thats good thats very good!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
d_kurdi said:
Valdes
Belletti Marquez Puyol Gio
Edmilson
Xavi Deco
Roaldinho
Etoo Iaquinta :thmbup:

Iaquinta should be ur TARGET man Hayfa ;) ;)
believe me he can make magic if supported by Ronnie & Eto'o

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What I would like as a line-up is this (its FANTASY!!):

Code:
     Adriano   Eto'o

Ronaldinho

Gio    Deco  Xavi  Belletti

Marquez Edmilson Puyol

Valdes
Playing with 2 strikers, 1 left legged, 1 right legged.
Playing with 1 real playmaker.
Playing with a 4 man midfield, with Gio and Belletti playing as wingers.
Playing with a 3 man centre back defense.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
d_kurdi said:
Valdes
Belletti Marquez Puyol Gio
Edmilson
Xavi Deco
Roaldinho
Etoo Iaquinta :thmbup:
put haifa wehbi in the defense and be sure that none will score a goal! :drunk: :D ;)

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Barcawinner said:
What I would like as a line-up is this (its FANTASY!!):

Code:
     Adriano   Eto'o

Ronaldinho

Gio    Deco  Xavi  Belletti

Marquez Edmilson Puyol

Valdes
Playing with 2 strikers, 1 left legged, 1 right legged.
Playing with 1 real playmaker.
Playing with a 4 man midfield, with Gio and Belletti playing as wingers.
Playing with a 3 man centre back defense.

I've always liked a 3 man CB defense. I think that would be a great lineup because we need stability in the back, and that doesn't occur when Gio, Belletti, Damia or whoever is at the full back position like to wander deep into attack. With 3 CBs, you have 3 committed defenders, AND you have Gio and Belletti who can track back and help also in that lineup. This will also give Ronnie the freedom that he needs to be more effective. Getting Adriano is a pipe-dream though.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Mohammad said:
put haifa wehbi in the defense and be sure that none will score a goal! :drunk: :D ;)
Actually... EVERYONE will score... but the balls won't be going in the net...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts