Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..........................Buddle.....................Johnson

Beasley.................Gaven.....................O'Brien...............Donovon

Spector.................Oneywu.....................Pope.................Cherundolo

...........................................Friedel

:thmbup:

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Interesting thread. Sometimes I wish I knew a bit more about youth American football. Either way, mine would go more like this:

..........................Quaranta.....................Johnson

Beasley................................Gaven..........................Donovan

..........................................O'Brien.....................................

Spector...................Gibbs.....................Bocanegra.................Cherundolo

...........................................Howard (trust me)

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Quaranta? Wtf? No way that he would be starting for the US National Team at the World Cup

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quaranta was suppoesed to be da next american star...wtf happened :doh:

He is still young and can still develop

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Perhaps I was overambitious. I'll stick with Mathis instead. Buddle is too inconsistent to be there by next world cup.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok , being stupid and bored. My 2010 team :tongue:

Davies-Adu

Cameron-Gaven-Szetela-Sokota

Danny-Marshall-Oneywu-Spector

Kiki

Bench:

Donovon
Jimenez
Beasley
Whitbread
Cronin
Jemal Johnson
Johnson :pp

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Isaac said:
Interesting thread. Sometimes I wish I knew a bit more about youth American football. Either way, mine would go more like this:

..........................................O'Brien.....................................

Spector...................Gibbs.....................Bocanegra.................Cherundolo

Not a bad lineup, but I'm not sure about Quaranta.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Yeah, I'm definately overrating him, but I think we need two young strikers up top that are young, quick, and can finish. Quaranta could possibly do this, but there are many other options we have, not all of which are necessarily on the scene yet, either.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Isaac said:
but there are many other options we have, not all of which are necessarily on the scene yet, either.
I can name a few...

Kirk Quavez is an unreal playa. Only 16 and he is 6'2'' and he is entering da draft this yr.

Jemal Jonhson from Blackburn , Davies , Rogers , and maye Jamie Watson..he is going to da pros!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
R10eDeus said:
Not a bad lineup, but I'm not sure about Quaranta.

Oneywu is better than Bocanegra , gibbs! Wait and see!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Isaac said:

Looking good to me

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beasley..................................Jonhson........................Donovon

.........................Gaven...............................O'Brien

.......................................R.Clark

Jose Buriaga..............Oneywu..........................Gibbs..........cherendolo

.............................................Friedel

Beasley is killing defenders in holland.. playin in this system...3-3-4. Let da focker loose!
O"brien is da key to da US success! Stay healthy! Jose is a talent! Is a bit raw , but his potential is dam good. I love Clark!...he reminds of Gerrard! He needs more polishing! a talented playa :thmbup:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:

Jose Buriaga..............Oneywu..........................Gibbs..........cherendolo

Beasley is killing defenders in holland.. playin in this system...3-3-4. Let da focker loose!
O"brien is da key to da US success! Stay healthy! Jose is a talent! Is a bit raw , but his potential is dam good. I love Clark!...he reminds of Gerrard! He needs more polishing! a talented playa :thmbup:
Friedels knees wont last another year let alone 2, hes having a problem getting down and back up again. Keller is still in the same position, Howard if he doesnt take over the starting position somewhere then he will be useless. Walker Hartmen or one of the many good keepers we have here at home may do well. Clark will have to do a lot of growing in the next two years. He seems to let Pope dictate his play on the field. He has to stand up and play for himself. He has the talent now he needs to get the confidence.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good point ! Friedel is going down hill but who then? Howard is a joke for now! Hartman is not an international playa....I think and Walker is a tripper...he likes to trip playas in da box :nono: . Maybe Hahnemamm..he plays for reading ? he is playin well

good point...clark is goin do better in cali san jose :thmbup:

Brad Guzan who was da second pick overall is potentially a good prospect .Raw now...he is like friedel/ howard! Cronin I like too...alot! both r young and raw , tho :frustrat:

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
Brad Guzan who was da second pick overall is potentially a good prospect .Raw now...he is like friedel/ howard! Cronin I like too...alot! both r young and raw , tho :frustrat:
Good goalkeeper from what I've seen, but he only has one season to really shine on the biggest stage and draw Arena's eye.

It's a worrying time for American goalkeepers of late, something I haven't had to worry about in a long time and something I never dreamed I'd need to stress over.

Friedel is aging and with the extra season and a half then he'll be bust. Keller is still excellent but I get the feeling he'll fade greatly before World Cup. Hartman is not international class and never will be. What happened to Thornton formerly of the Chicago Fire? I heard he went to Benfica - how is he doing? In the end, though, I have to say Howard is our best bet. He's still a top quality goalkeeper, he was bound for a sophmore jinx - keep in mind he went straight from MLS into one of the best leagues in Europe, so struggles are inevitable.

Walker is talented but shaky. However, there's too much talent in the American ranks for us to really have to worry about that too much, it will likely sort itself out.

Nice in theory, but in the end it wouldn't work.

Friedel, like has been said, is ageing to quickly and will likely retire before this tournament. However, should he stick around he could be a good second or third goalkeeper. Change needed.

Cherundolo has been very good of late and will approaching his prime at tournament comes around. (27) No change needed.

Gibbs/Oneywu. This is a potentially volatile area. These are both fantastic players who could work really well together, but need more caps and I'm not sure they can get them under Bruce Arena, as I don't know how risky he'll play. Undecided.

Burciaga - I've seen him play many times and I've never thought of him as international class. Change needed.

Clark - decent player, but I don't think he'll be ready for a World Cup in a year and a half. Especially considering in your line-up he would have to control so much of the line-up and be a dominating figure in front of the back line. Change needed.

Gaven and O'Brien - good idea, I think both of these two could and should be playing and starring in Germany. Gaven especially could really draw the attention of some big clubs, as his style of play is matched perfectly with English football and I think he'd really excell there. O'Brien is already with a big team but we have to pray he stays fit. No change needed.

Beasley and Donovan - nothing needs to be said. They're both class acts, they will definately be in there in this tournament.

Johnson - he has the stuff, but can he last? If he stays fit and progresses as he has, he'd be a great choice as a centre foward at this tournament. Young, strong, fast, great finisher. He could become the best American goalscorer since Wynalda. Change not needed.

All in all, your lineup is good but there are changes that need to be made. The left back needs to be changed, you need to play more of a 4-2-3-1 which gives great attacking and defending options. Put two players not so deep but still a little back so to defend or attack quickly if necessary. In the three, play Gaven in the middle, afforded a little more attacking time because of the two behind him. Then play Beasley and Donovan as true wings, don't make them worry about defending within 30 yards of their own goal unless they absolutely have to because when they're given a license to kill - they take it, just like Bond, and would destroy teams with such pace and skill. Johnson looks to be a real gem and could create quite an impact in Germany should he continue to raise his game like he has over the past season with Dallas and the US National Team.

Bring 2006 on!

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
ok , being stupid and bored. My 2010 team :tongue:

Davies-Adu

Cameron-Gaven-Szetela-Sokota

Danny-Marshall-Oneywu-Spector

Kiki

Bench:

Donovon
Jimenez
Beasley
Whitbread
Cronin
Jemal Johnson
Johnson :pp
Who is this Sokota?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Purger said:
Who is this Sokota?

A future right midfielder playa...henry kewell clone w/ an outstandin shot :eekani:

I think Eddie Johnson and Gaven will do good....Eddie J. has da right attitude and drive and talent/blazin speed to explode next year!! he is a baaaaad brotha :star:

Thornton is spendin more time at McDonalds than in training camp....no :groan: :irritate:

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
A future right midfielder playa...henry kewell clone w/ an outstandin shot :eekani:
What is his first name and is he from the Balkans?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Why isn't Eskandarian included?? By 2006 i think he'll be amazing and would be deadly with Johnson..
Arena knows him well too he attended UV with his son, and when he arena gives him that chance i don't think he'll waste it, he's the one that should be starting in my opinion..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts