Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think will make the jump from the youth team to Parma's first team next year? I'm talking about Dessena (sp?), Rossi (defender), Sorrentino, etc. If any more youth team players are going to make the jump who do you think it will be?

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I liked the look of Savi yesterday. Nothing special but a good touch and awareness.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I would expect Dessena and Savi to get runs in the first-team over the next few years, Camara also is very young, and promising.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Rossi, Galuppo and Camara for the defence (even if Galu and Cama are already in the official roster), Savi and Dessena for the midfield and Gibbs and Sorrentino for the attack.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Camara is the probably the most exciting of the younger players.

Oh, and Sorrentino of course :D

I've yet to see Gallupo and Rossi. Dessena seems ok, and i didn't really see enough of Savi on Thursday to form an opinion. Gibbs also i've only seen him play with a weak midfield so i haven't seen him get the sort of support a lone striker needs. But still, hes done nothing special to get excited over, but i won't hold that against him yet :D

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Did you see guys?
http://www.tribalfootball.com/april/italnews2160405.html
I think Bonera surely will leave us at the end of season.
The bastard Juve want to acquire him for free(they get Nonda on Bosman rule).
But in fact,that Nonda would be a good replacement for Gilagol.
If these happen we need to buy Ferronetti and Bovo fully and promote Camara for senior team.Any other option to strenghten our defensive line?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Bovo will definitely leave this summer, period.

Palermo bought half of his contract late last summer, so he will definitely be at one of them clubs.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
From Gila and Frey's money we can buy Bovo's second part from Palermo.
Does anybody have an idea who to buy next summer?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I don't think he is worth the hassle, Roma and Palermo each own 50%, and I would think it would be in Palermo's intentions at least to have him next season.

Our defence has grown so much since christmas, and because of that we have finally started to get decent results, so maybe we have some players here already who can take his role.

What's the deal with Matteo Contini? I know he was at Avellino on-loan from Milan, and I remember correctly in the summer we made a deal with them, but I can't remember what the deal actually was, can some-one inform me?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Our defence has improved due to 2 reasons: Cardone + Bettarini

Both quality, quality defenders. I REALLY hope we can sign Bettarini off Sampdoria in the summer. I know he definately won't go back to samp and i know they don't want him back, but i hope we can offer enough money and he likes us enough to stay.

I assume Cardone will stay .. he has nowhere to go really does he? I'm glad too :D

I hope we buy the rest of Contini's contract, he's a great young defender who will only improve. He deserves to be our starting CB every game.

And obviously it would be loverly for Bonera to stay, but we know he'll be going eventually. One more year would be nice.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I wouldn't say Cardone is quality, he is decent, and one of our best defenders, but he's an average Serie A defender. Although it's important for us that he plays as much as possible.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Cardone is solid but he is worse than Darren Anderton.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Bovo is a quality defender, he just needed experience next to him and with Cardone he got this.

Bovo may even be better off staying at Parma should you stay up. At ROma we are in turmoil at the back and even though he could improve us, he isnt someone who can lead us due to his age and experience. Lets not forget that before this season Bovo had only played 30 league games (19 Serie A and 11 Serie B). Each season is a lesson for him at the moment.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Bovo is a fúcking clown who has no discipline. Sooner he's gone, the safer I'll feel about our defence.

Unfortunately the same is true for Paolo who we once had great hopes for.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Bovo has been very good since December, at least I have heard from people who watch Italian football even more regularly than me. A sending off in the last match and hes a clown again. I hate the fickle nature of fans today. For sure I trust Bovo more than Bonera in the centre of defence.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Deano said:
Bovo has been very good since December, at least I have heard from people who watch Italian football even more regularly than me. A sending off in the last match and hes a clown again. I hate the fickle nature of fans today. For sure I trust Bovo more than Bonera in the centre of defence.
No, Bovo has been a feck up since he got here. He HAS done a game or two that we can't complain about, but other then that he has always been a major feck up. It is either him or Paolo, or both that our losses can be blaimed at, mostly. Sure they say it's a teamsport, but not when you have these clowns around. I am yet to see some signs of improvement or even some bit of talent, but sorry this guy don't seem to have any.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Well its a shame because I at least see all the goals in the Parma games (but normally not the whole game) but anyway in the 2nd half of the season the goals have not been his fault, indeed Parma's defence has secured with he and Cardone in the centre.

I will not defend him so much anyway as in truth he has not been amazing this year, but he is young and as I said he has shown potential previously. Teams like Roma and indeed Palermo do not bother wanting him for no reason.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts