Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just going over our squad, and it got me to think that we have quite a few talented youngsters that can eventually form a strong core..

We all know of Manucharyan, but other than that, we have pretty good talent in Zhora Hovannisian, David Grigorian and Ararat Arakelyan.

Arzumanyan is another youngster who has impressed lately also.

Then we have Petrosyan, Aleksanian and Pachajyan all under 25 years old.

So my question is: which youngsters have the most talent and potential, and who can we build our team around?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I think since we got a good forward, we need two center midfielders to organize the game and two central defenders to make a strong backline. If arzumanian could learn to do that from haroutyun vartanian, then he could be on his way. He looks pretty tall too and he's only a kid and hight makes a huge difference in today's game. Grigorian needs to get some technique. During the Romania game, he should have scored in the first half when the goally came out to deny voskanian. He tried to chipp it over the goally but the ball went waaaaaayyy off. A quality footballer would have finished that. I think thats one of the reasons he didn't play with Andorra. Although it was his cross that let to our goal, I still think Dokhoian took a difficult shot. Hovannissian, like everyone says, is not fully developed yet to play for the NT. I think that Samuel Melkonian could maybe play in the future. Pachajian is very inconsistant. I never know what this guy is capable of. Remember the one-on-one miss against CSKA Sofia. That was horribly. You can't afford to miss chances like that in Europe. In a whole game, you might only get one chance like that and you have to make the most of it. Galoust is VERY inconsistant. He seems that he has too much power in him but doesn't know how to use it. MAybe some experiance will teach him how to use his skills. Valeri Alecksanian could learn to be a good player. For a defender, I hear he's pretty good. If Bete could develope to be like Berezovski, he'll be set. Remember, Berezovski was once nicknamed the "penalty stopper".

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mkhitaryan is over 30...I think 32 or something.. I shall confirm soon.

Confirmed: He'll be 32 in November..

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Mkhitarian is a very tallented player. I think he can manage to play until he's about 36. I've actually seen him in person about 10 years ago. He looked much younger back then and had longer hair.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Marias Ionan said:
Mkhitarian is a very tallented player. I think he can manage to play until he's about 36. I've actually seen him in person about 10 years ago. He looked much younger back then and had longer hair.
I saw him too, when they played againts the US at Fullerton. That didn't even have facial hair, loool. That's how young he looked. He has good footwork, but sometimes he does too much.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Hey Guys, Is Alecko Eskanderian of DC United Armenian? Has he ever been called up to your NT?

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
RedandBlack said:
Hey Guys, Is Alecko Eskanderian of DC United Armenian? Has he ever been called up to your NT?
No, I think he has played couple of times for under 21 or 23. So we will see, maybe we can persuade him to play. Playing for us is much better, since it's a european zone, more exposure, more recruiting from big clubs.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
in our under 21 team khoren hovanisyan was missing what happened he did not want to come. does anyone have any news.

0 - 0

Qualifying round - 29 March 2005 19:30 (local time)
Willem II - Tilburg

Netherlands
1 Pasveer
2 Verhaegh
3 Wolfgang
4 Kruiswijk
5 Van Mosselveld
6 De Jong
7 De Ridder
8 Schaars
9 Huntelaar
10 Hofs
11 Fafiani
substitutes
16 Vermeer
12 John
13 Haklander
14 Rojer
15 Korf
17 De Zeeuw
18 Kerstens
Coach
Foppe De Haan
Armenia
1 Bete
2 Valeri Aleksanyan
3 Stepanyan
4 Simonyan
5 Melkonyan
6 Pachajyan
7 Ararat Arakelyan
8 Vardazaryan
9 Petrosyan
10 Mkhitar Grigoryan
11 Lombe
substitutes
12 Harutyunyan
13 Baghdasaryan
14 Oseyan
15 Tadevosyan
16 Veranyan
17 Davityan
18 Nranyan
Coach
Samvel Petrosyan

Referee Assistant referee
Siarhei Shmolik (BLS) Yury Dupanau (BLS)

Fourth official Assistant referee
Aleh Chykun (BLS) Aleh Kolb (BLS)
80' 5
13 Melkonyan(out)
Baghdasaryan(in) (Armenia)
72' 8
17 Vardazaryan(out)
Davityan(in) (Armenia)
71' 2
14 Verhaegh(out)
Rojer(in) (Netherlands)
70' 6 Pachajyan (Armenia)
46' 11
12 Fafiani(out)
John(in) (Netherlands)
46' 10
16 Mkhitar Grigoryan(out)
Veranyan(in) (Armenia)

KEY
Goals Yellow card(s)
Own goal Red card(s)
Penalties Yellow/red card
Missed penalty Substitution

Netherlands
Statistics
Goal scored
Yellow cards
Red cards
Armenia

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
I think E. Manucharyan is already recovered and will play in the next game.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Did Manucharyan play in the Andorra game? Im not sure.

We have some Great young players in Armenia, all they need is some direction.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He's recovering now. He did not play vs. Andorra nor the Netherlands.

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
I hope he will play in Macedonia game.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts