Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally think Lippi and Morrati did a good job this ofseason. No crazy spending and they Just added to the foundation of last seasons team.
Lippi also did buy a good group of young Italians, either through end loans or just straight purchases.
Brochi, Cirillo, Macerelli, Lombardi.
At the end of the season they said we need 4-5 young italians, and they did that. Add to it Pirlo and Ferrari and that makes 6. Plus a healthy Vieri and Ronaldo.
With this foundation I think Inter can cause damage for years to come.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I thnk you did a very good job on the market this year, no major chances +a bunch of young italians.

Only on Hakan Sukur i have doubts...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I also think they did a good job: at the end of last season we mostly said not to change a complete team just add to make the foundation stronger I would say we did just that..
Maybe I would also look for 1 other striker because of Sukur/ maybe salas??
I hope through the next few days to a couple of weeks we dont see any real surprises that could end up screwing us.
How do you all feel about our defence::

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel really good about our defense. The 3 guys from last season really clicked well together. And the addition of 2 euro under 21 champions to them is only going to help. The midfiled is really good now. Not as flashy as Lazio, but i really think its very good. My only worry is the left side.
And my only disappointment in this ofseason is losing Moriero. I really like that guy and when healthy you cant stop him on the right.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think Lippi and Moratti did some great acquisitions this trading season. You could see they were definetly thinking about the future when they got Frey, Pirlo, Ferrari, Brocchi etc. Even the Sukur buy was pretty good, I think, because we need a quality striker to play till Ronaldo returns and even afterwards because we'll be playing in 3 different competitions and at the same time he's not as expensive as Salas is. My biggest regret was Geogratos leaving, but that wasnt Moratti's fault since the player himself wanted to leave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts