Xtratime Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mexico wins its group, with Croatia and Italy in it.

Japan wins its group over Belgium and Russia.

France are eliminated without a win OR a goal.

Argentina are eliminated.

Bora fails to take his team out of the group stage.

United States soccer kids beat Portugal and the then Mexico to go to the Quarter Finals.

South Korea beats Italy to go to the Quarter Finals.

What next?!!!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
what next ?

senegal - corea in final !

i don't see injustice in that results. they are surprising of course. but italy, argentina and france didn't deserve to go further than they did. spain and england are not in good shape. look how defensively they play. brazil is brazil and can win this world.

man! we could have won it! and i don't think the next one will be easier cause there will nomore be a surprise effect with that supposed weak teams...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
unfortunatly, the next is:
spain out, coz of damn referees.
this WC is the worst one i ever see. its clear that there is a conspiracy to kill Italians.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Spanish out cause of the refs ? Oh please ... I don't remember many games where the Spanish went without a penalty in a game or at least got some very suspicious calls. Spain is certainly not a country that is disliked by FIFA.

I agree with you on Italy ... I was very mad seeing them losing to Korea today, but this matchup should never even have happened. The refs certainly did all they could to put the Italians at a disadvantage, disallowing 5 (!!!) goals in the World Cup.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
I see you posted a thread on what i said. Italy were robbed but i hope they get robbed when facing us :greed:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Il_Genio said:
Spanish out cause of the refs ? Oh please ... I don't remember many games where the Spanish went without a penalty in a game or at least got some very suspicious calls. Spain is certainly not a country that is disliked by FIFA.
do you believe me now Il_Genio, the point is not "spain is disliked by fifa" its the korean is refs beloved now.

·
Registered
768 Posts
no that goes way too far I am sorry.

First call: Helguera pulled a shirt, thats why the ref whistled, LONG before the ball was in the nets. I must say I didn't see Helguera pull it but Frank de Boer commented about it and he had seen it, a ref should whistle when that happens so this was a correct call.

The second call was rediculous to say the least, but again the Korean defenders and keeper already stopped because they'd seen the linesman's flag go up, had they not done that then the goal would not have been made that easily or not at all.

Italy has a much stronger case, their goals got disapproved for some vague reasons :confused: but in this match no goal had been disapproved since in both cases the ref called before the ball hit the nets!

It's a shame that now Korea gets the blame for it :rolleyes:, I mean it's not their fault the linesman made a mistake, FIFA should get better referrees/linesmen for these important matches, not people from Uganda and Trinidad, my God (with all due respect though...) and what had already been said the Spanish have had their bit of luck too, you only have to look at the first match against Slovenia to see that.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
do you know why i blame them? coz its so strange to have this big amount of linesman mistakes but no one of them against Korea!!!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
This world cup certainly is fishy to me. There's something going on.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Maybe but Italy was kind of robbed too when they played Croatia not only South Korea so I don't think it's likely.

tottina, I think South Korea is not the only country that never had such a disadvantage, I mean did Brasil have it? Germany? England? You can go on and on.... Italy is the only one that comes to mind but it could all be coincidence.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I sure hope that too Deutschland nein danke Hey but the Germans actually don't play with fake falls (schwalbes) anymore so thats a good thing.

Korea's crazy and Hiddink is sent by God, will liberate North Korea and become that land's ruler.... :confused: :angel: so the Koreans say :)

some funny images you'll see....

http://www.omroep.nl/cgi-bin/streams?/nos/voetbal/netwerk_hiddink.wmv

·
Registered
639 Posts
Think the best thing he can do is resign after the WC, things can only go downhill from here and he'd just ruin his own legend.

Not sure he's such a good choice for PSV though, most of his recent success has been with National teams, club football wise he hasn't done much lately.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
I think there's something fishy going on, It can't just be a coincidence. In my eyes for the neutrals there have been two big matches so far which were England Brazil and England Argentina with both S. American sides suffering bad decisions. In cannot just be a coincidence though that Argentina, France, Portugal, Italy all went out before the 1/4 finals. The decisions against Spain were diabolacal as were the ones against Italy which is more than just a coincidence that they faced S. Korea. Also how far off his line was the S. Korean keeper when he saved jaquin's penalty. I mean come on.

On a side note who else thought that Ronaldinho meant the shot from the free kick because I for one think he did.
And thank god englnd are out.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts